Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe (29616 Views)

Police Link Oko Oloyun’s Death To Fraud, Arson In Lagos Office / Olu Benson Lulu-Briggs Death: Ghana Police Begin Investigation / Tolulope Kolawole Commits Suicide! Osun Permanent Secretary’s Son Hangs Self (2) (3) (4)

Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by Shadysen: 12:27pm On May 02, 2022
Things are not same.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by kokomilala(m): 12:29pm On May 02, 2022
@GardenOfGod, thanks for setting this straight. At times, I wonder why blacks, or rather, Africans are mentally lazy. Semanticists argue that no two words mean exactly the same thing in English. What stopped them from looking up a dictionary. Dictionaries are now more accessible. I used to have up to four dictionaries some 25 years ago. Now, it's easier to download from Play store.

Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by gnykelly(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2022
Charbriq2022:
Suicide is never the solution to frustration and depression, please let's be guided.

What is the solution...
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by gnykelly(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2022
His company could be heavily leveraged on loan.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by Asianjollof007: 12:44pm On May 02, 2022
Charbriq2022:
Suicide is never the solution to frustration and depression, please let's be guided.

So what's the best option? It's very easy to say what you just said because most of you don't even know what some people are going through. Pray you don't see problems bigger than you.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by seglabsy(m): 12:47pm On May 02, 2022
NLbiznessman:
My people, na hunger dey kill me small small now.

I cooked and ate the last rice I have at home yesterday morning, hunger dey punish me now.

Abeg well meaning Nigerians, please help me with any amount you can afford. If I get gari and pure water to soak and drink this morning, my stomach go calm down.

First Bank
Tunde O.O

Na two guys send me #200 and #500 this morning, wey boost my account balance to #800, my bank account red!

I AM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP NOT BECAUSE I AM LAZY BUT BECAUSE OF THE REASON BELOW:

I had an accident last year and as a result, one of my leg was broken. I am okay now, I can walk but I can't do heavy duty jobs like site work. If not I for don join guys for some new sites here go do daily job wey go give me cash.

I am an O.LEVEL holder, so getting white collar job is very difficult.

I am doing my best to get my financial freedom. I know all will be well soon.
continue deceiving yourself,i will catch
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by kennygreen(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2022
Onyiiobi7735:
Only God knows the magnitude of depression and frustration that could have pushed him to suicide.

I'm abt to do same. I dnt know if it is a crime to come from a poor home. I didnt choose to be born.

Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by seglabsy(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2022
i went to meet one indian at that area some 4 weeks ago,truely indians plenty for that area
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by kennygreen(m): 12:52pm On May 02, 2022
Asianjollof007:

So what's the best option? It's very easy to say what you just said because most of you don't even know what some people are going through. Pray you don't see problems bigger than you.

I am telling u. I want to do same now.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by kennygreen(m): 12:54pm On May 02, 2022
Channah1:
cry O God!
People are going through a lot they can't share with others because when you share, people will call you a thief, scammer and all sorts of defamatory words and still won't help you. So they prefer to quietly end it.

Now everyone will say, he had a good job bla bla bla.. but they won't know that sometimes it goes beyond your physical/social status and disposition. smh...

People can add to your depression and make you end it all. That must have been this man's case because if he had someone encouraging him, he wouldn't go this way.

Hello Fam, don't be a part of those who push people to take their own lives. I've seen a lot of that here in the shortest time I've been here.

Lord have mercy on the depressed.

Truth.

Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by IJEYdiamond(f): 12:55pm On May 02, 2022
They can be extreme sometimes... An indian in Canada cut himself with razor getting to his veins.. becos.. his girlfriend whom came visiting an Indian too.. reported d dude to the police after giving d babe a dirty slap.. due to misunderstanding and also following "
their women group" in CA... teaching indian women not to take shit from their men!!

The dude almost died in d hospital ... and also he was at the end of losing all in CA..

After every..... d dude just sign say e no go get anything to do with their women..

Maybe this dude case fit be woman matter "family".... or work plus frustration join!!..
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by BigBashiru: 12:56pm On May 02, 2022
GardenOfGod:
Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe

An Indian national, Devendra Singh, has allegedly committed suicide at his private office on Egbeyemi Street, in the Ilupeju area of Lagos State.

Source

These are immigrants to Nigeria not "expatriates"
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by adeolaben(m): 1:06pm On May 02, 2022
siofra:
What's the difference between expatriate and immigrant and refugee??

For any white skinned person, they are called :: expatriate

For Africans:: Immigrants / Refugee

That's another discriminatory stuff there

Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by Asianjollof007: 1:08pm On May 02, 2022
kennygreen:

I am telling u. I want to do same now.

Just hold on a little bro, you may find solution to your problems. I'm facing challenges that's wrecking and weakening my soul too, reasons why i haven't done something crazy is because of my siblings. I pray i pull through this phase.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by TheSociopath(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2022
siofra:

Skin colour
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by fortune1968: 1:20pm On May 02, 2022
siofra:
JAMB things .
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by membranus: 2:05pm On May 02, 2022
wink2015:
He could possibly have been murdered by an assailant that was hiding inside that office.

After killing him the next step was to present the incident as if the expatriate staff committed suicides.

Too much Netflix movies not good for you. It has stretched your imagination beyond limit. This is Nigeria and Lagos is not in Sicily or NYC where that can happen.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by omooba969(m): 2:05pm On May 02, 2022
siofra:

Google is your friend.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by Desusi: 2:10pm On May 02, 2022
They want to be sure whether it is a real suicide or make believe.? Well, nothing is impossible.!
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by GardenOfGod(m): 2:14pm On May 02, 2022
kokomilala:
@GardenOfGod, thanks for setting this straight. At times, I wonder why blacks, or rather, Africans are mentally lazy. Semanticists argue that no two words mean exactly the same thing in English. What stopped them from looking up a dictionary. Dictionaries are now more accessible. I used to have up to four dictionaries some 25 years ago. Now, it's easier to download from Play store.
Some of us are lazy to read!
Someone once said... If you want to hide money where it would be hidden from a typical Nigerian, put it inside a book. Very many people won't open it to read so they won't find the money. Funny tho.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by kokomilala(m): 2:31pm On May 02, 2022
@GardenOfGod, you're absolutely right.

Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:45pm On May 02, 2022
kennygreen:

I'm abt to do same. I dnt know if it is a crime to come from a poor home. I didnt choose to be born.
So sorry for that.Please don't do so.Just trust God,commit your ways to God's Hands,and He will prosper you.
I myself have experienced what you experienced, but trusting and committing everything to Him in prayers did the job.
Today I no longer suffer financial difficulties.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by cl0r0x: 3:29pm On May 02, 2022
I bet that driver is still waiting for bail.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by otomatic(m): 4:19pm On May 02, 2022
siofra:

Expatriate is when they put a foreigner on a high pedestal; immigrant is when they look down on him; refugee is see finish
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by Bbbw: 4:34pm On May 02, 2022
Life
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by mecussey(m): 4:54pm On May 02, 2022
Joshcoli:

The difference is if it's African it's an expatriate
While abroad its an immigrant

Africans need to change the narrative

African success is hidden somewhere, I think God purposely reserved Africa to preserve life after Nuclear war.

The guy man may be depressed and came here to catch cruise which didn't work out eventually
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by fkj950ax(m): 6:06pm On May 02, 2022
Expatriate (Identity)
Field worker (Occupation)
Has driver, private office and car. (Other benefits of employment)

Until Immigration gets serious with these expats coming to work under fictional job title.
Re: Expatriate Hangs Self In Lagos Office, Police Begin Probe by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:20pm On May 02, 2022
kennygreen:

Check mail pls
OK,when I replenish my data,I will.

Sacked Driver Connives With Gang To Kidnap Boss’ Wife - Picture / Benjamin Imeogu Murdered By Gunmen, His Wife And Son In Critical Condition / Five Suspects Arrested With 4 Fresh Human Heads In Ebonyi