Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed (1608 Views)

Own Goal: INEC Submits Wrong Shettima's Withdrawal Form To Election Tribunal / What Buhari Plans To Do To Obasanjo, Jonathan If Re-elected - Daily Post / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Buhariiswicked: 10:44pm On May 02, 2022
There are speculations that the All Progressives Congress may choose a consensus candidate as its flag bearer for the forthcoming 2023 presidential election.

This follows the manner in which various individuals in the political party are declaring their interest to contest in the presidential election.

Some of the aspirants who have declared interest to contest in the 2023 election include Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo; leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello; Governor of Ebonyi State, Dave Umahi; former governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunke Amosun; former governor of Imo State, Senator Rochas Okorocha; Minister of Transportation, Hon Chibuike Amaechi; Minister of Labour & Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, and Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba, among others.

Although there have been calls by various groups, especially the Igbo socio-cultural, Ohanaeze Ndigbo to zone the presidency to the southeast, political parties are yet to take a stand on that.

Last week Friday, Abdullahi Adamu, national chairman of the APC, said the ruling party is yet to decide on the zone which will produce its 2023 presidential candidate.

According to reports, it was gathered that President Muhammadu Buhari is planning to hold a meeting with the presidential aspirants of the APC to urge them to discuss among themselves to pick a consensus candidate to reduce the number of individuals contesting.

An official withdrawal form has been designed to this effect, and it is only a matter of time before aspirants are being given to fill, and submit to the national chairman of the APC.
https://thestreetjournal.org/apc-to-settle-for-consensus-candidate-as-flag-bearer-for-2023-election/

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Aonkuuse(m): 10:47pm On May 02, 2022
Chai, Tinubu may decamp

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by AntonVince: 11:02pm On May 02, 2022
It's just like a key figure and loyalist of Buhari once asserted:

"We may not know who will be president in 2023 but we certainly know who won't"

grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Peacecore: 11:44pm On May 02, 2022
I can swear that d two OP have no PVC. I'm not a card carrying member of APC but I know what u people are paid for. The game plan is to demarket Tinubu on every available social media and promote a weak candidate,like Osinbajo thereby giving Atiku an easy win.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by yanabasee(m): 11:44pm On May 02, 2022
I know for a fact that Buhari is a dunce.... And I know that because he's a dunce, he will scatter the country come 2023.....

Allow a free and fair primaries.... let whoever that will emerge to come out.... and those who will collect kickbacks to do that to their detriment.... But forcing one person to every party stakeholders to accept is a breach of free-willness in a democratic country like Nigeria....

I hope that his consensus candidate is worth the hype...
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Biafranodogwu55: 11:53pm On May 02, 2022
Thier business...nothing consign meundecided
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Parachoko: 12:34am On May 03, 2022
yanabasee:
I know for a fact that Buhari is a dunce.... And I know that because he's a dunce, he will scatter the country come 2023.....

Allow a free and fair primaries.... let whoever that will emerge to come out.... and those who will collect kickbacks to do that to their detriment.... But forcing one person to every party stakeholders to accept is a breach of free-willness in a democratic country like Nigeria....

Nah fake news you dey take serious
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by PressMyButton: 12:37am On May 03, 2022
I hope the Mods would amend the headline appropriately. Some slow thinking individuals are fond of editing headlines to suit their sentiments. It is fallacious to say Buhari will force consensus. It is a normal practice such that the pretenders will voluntarily step down for the contenders who are strong enough for the contest.
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by qekng40(f): 1:53am On May 03, 2022
Sai Buhari!

The General himself, he go show Tinubu shege cheesy
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Truthisunique2: 2:07am On May 03, 2022
Is consesus not already looming?

That the field is crowded with over 20 aspirants is a pointer to consesus

90% of those contesting are not actually doing any consultation apart from amaechi, tilimbu and a bit of osinbajo

Those 90% would step down at the end on buhari advise and tinubu would be boxed to also shift ground like others
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by lecowas: 3:58am On May 03, 2022
Peacecore:
I can swear that d two OP have no PVC. I'm not a card carrying member of APC but I know what u people are paid for. The game plan is to demarket Tinubu on every available social media and promote a weak candidate,like Osinbajo thereby giving Atiku an easy win.

Osinbajo is not the one with his hands shaking profusely, yet you see him as weak cheesy smh

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Realist12: 5:11am On May 03, 2022
It's interesting that we still looking upto to Buhari to appoint the next president.
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by UselessBuharist: 5:19am On May 03, 2022
This terrorist will be so irrelevant in our political space after 2023.

Buhari is a mistake that should never be allowed to happen to Nigeria again.

His consensus candidate will be worse than him
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:21am On May 03, 2022
lecowas:

Osinbajo is not the one with his hands shaking profusely, yet you see him as weak cheesy smh
Even Osibanjo may not be the concensus candidate
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:21am On May 03, 2022
UselessBuharist:
This terrorist will be so irrelevant in our political space after 2023.

Buhari is a mistake that should never be allowed to happened to Nigeria again.

His consensus candidate will be worse than him
Because he didn't support Tinubu abi

Rubbish
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Ttalk: 5:26am On May 03, 2022
Peacecore:

Your point is weak and thoughtless. What makes Osinbajo weak against Atiku?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by UncleT247(m): 5:31am On May 03, 2022
Help! Is Npower site down for everyone or just me
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by UselessBuharist: 5:32am On May 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Because he didn't support Tinubu abi

Rubbish

Who dey support Tinubu, Is Tinubu not as useless as Buhari already ?

Whoever Buhari anoints, he is doing so to cover his corrupt track and continue his Fulani rule
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:34am On May 03, 2022
UselessBuharist:

Who dey support Tinubu, Is Tinubu not as useless as Buhari already ?

Whoever Buhari anoints, he is doing so to cover his corrupt track and continue his Fulani rule
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by lecowas: 5:42am On May 03, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Even Osibanjo may not be the concensus candidate

No doubt abt that, cos this is politics,however, I will realign with Peter Obi if Osinbajo fails to pick the ticket. I want action not all those old cargoes

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by ruggedtimi(m): 5:45am On May 03, 2022
Aonkuuse:
Chai, Tinubu may decamp
he will decamp
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by ruggedtimi(m): 5:47am On May 03, 2022
Peacecore:
but tinubu has been forcing governorship candidates on his party in Lagos.
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Nobody: 5:52am On May 03, 2022
Aonkuuse:
Chai, Tinubu may decamp

Silly bigot. Will Tinubu, the founding father of APC equally as important as Buhari , if not more so for his grassroot mobilization talent, be the one the APC will dare ask to withdraw?

Some of you are incredible mumus only able to see what your bigoted and limited mind allows you to see and never the complete picture.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Nobody: 5:55am On May 03, 2022
yanabasee:

Exsctly. This is what some Nigerians don't understand.
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Aonkuuse(m): 6:02am On May 03, 2022
I know people like you always come with insult just because of politicians, I would have replied you with constructive analysis but it seems you are not worth having a decent conversation with
Dsalvo:

Silly bigot. Will Tinubu, the founding father of APC equally as important as Buhari , if not more so for his grassroot mobilization talent, be the one the APC will dare ask to withdraw?

Some of you are incredible mumus only able to see what your bigoted and limited mind allows you to see and never the complete picture.
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by mrvitalis(m): 6:17am On May 03, 2022
Peacecore:
Honestly how can someone demarket a candidate as bad as tinubu he did that himself over the years ,same with rochas , kalu
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:20am On May 03, 2022
The handwriting is already on the wall that Osinbajo is the next president and the favourite of Nigerians
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Nobody: 6:21am On May 03, 2022
Aonkuuse:
I know people like you always come with insult just because of politicians, I would have replied you with constructive analysis but it seems you are not worth having a decent conversation with

You're not capable of constructive analysis buddy. I am not interested in what you have to say.
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by Globad(f): 6:31am On May 03, 2022
lecowas:

No doubt abt that, cos this is politics,however, I will realign with Peter Obi if Osinbajo fails to pick the ticket. I want action not all those old cargoes

What if both Osinbajo and Obi don't get the ticket?
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by lecowas: 7:08am On May 03, 2022
Globad:

What if both Osinbajo and Obi don't get the ticket?
it will be bad for Nigerian politics, however I will port to Amaechi if there are no technocrats on the ballot.
Re: Buhari Plans To Force Consensus, Secretly Allows Withdrawal Form To Be Printed by techWriter3: 7:11am On May 03, 2022
politicians is not the two with his fingers rattling profusely, yet you know him as weak smh

(1) (Reply)

1999-2007: The Evils Of The Tinubu Administration / APC Picks Governor Of Kano State As Tinubu's Running Mate In 2023 Election. / Court Unrecognizes Umahi As APC Senatorial Candidate, Orders Fresh Rerun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.