Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression (889 Views)

'Game Of Thrones' Star, Kit Harington 'Jon Snow' Checks Into Rehab / Paul Pogba Posed With Game Of Thrones Star, John Snow / MI Abaga Spotted With Jon Snow Of Game Of Thrones (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by qekng40(f): 12:45am On May 03, 2022

Game of Thrones star Rose Leslie opens up on how she and her husband Kit Harington(Jon Snow) have dealt with his past addiction.

Game of Thrones star, Rose Leslie has spoken about how she and her co-star husband, Kit Harington dealt with his past addiction.

In the cover story for Harper's Bazaar UK's June 2022 issue, Leslie said she is "doing well," noting that Harington, 35, suffered from addiction in 2019, "so we're now several years into his sobriety."

The Good Fight alum said; "For Kit, being an addict, it's very important for him to recognise himself as such.

"The AA community has provided such a loving space for him to feel heard, to make sure he's not alone. But if it weren't for rehab, he would be in a very different headspace right now. "I've learnt a lot about addiction and it's something Kit is forever going to be aware of, but it's on him whether he chooses to drink again. No amount of nannying is going to be able to stop him from doing what he decides to do... I don't choose to put that pressure on myself. The responsibility of his behaviour is on him. It's not on me to him from it."

Harrington first opened up about his battle with addiction in August, telling The Sunday Times that he "went through some pretty horrible stuff" after Game of Thrones ended in
He said at the time; "Things that have happened to me since Thrones ended, and that were happening during Thrones , were of a pretty traumatic nature and they did include alcohol.

"You get to a place where you feel like you are a bad person, you feel like you are a shameful person. And you feel that there's no way out, that's just who you are. And getting sober is the process of going, 'No, I can change.'

"One of my favourite things I learnt recently is that the expression 'a leopard doesn't change its spots' is completely false: that a leopard actually does change its spots. I just think that's the most beautiful thing. It really helped. That was something I kind of clung to; the idea that I could make this huge fundamental change in who I was and how I went about my life."

He previously checked into the Privé-Swiss retreat in Connecticut back in May 2019, stating that he was treated for "mainly alcohol" during his stay. "Kit has decided to utilize this break in his schedule as an opportunity to spend some time at a wellness retreat to work on some personal issues," Harington's rep told PEOPLE at the time.

https://www.thenetnaija.co/posts/celebrities/97774-game-thrones-star-rose-leslie-opens-husband-kit-harington-dealt-past

1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by Nbotee(m): 12:46am On May 03, 2022
As Iron throne done melt na

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by qekng40(f): 12:51am On May 03, 2022
Nbotee:
As Iron throne done melt na

Yeah, moving on was quite hard for him sad

What if he didn't marry when the buzz was ongoing?

That would have been pretty disastrous for him

CC;

Lalasticlala
Seun
Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by Ahmed0336(m): 1:15am On May 03, 2022
Eyahhh..... John Snow, kinda like the dude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by superCleanworks(m): 3:02am On May 03, 2022
problems. i wish him well.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by falcon01: 3:03am On May 03, 2022
No sh*t

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by DejiPlug(m): 7:13am On May 03, 2022
Reason why we all need a healthy relationship with Jesus, the Son of Almighty God, who created us.

God is the only source of true purpose. Jesus is the way to Him.

Bankole for President

https://www.nairaland.com/7107205/workers-day-ill-relieve-pains

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by qekng40(f): 7:42am On May 03, 2022
Ahmed0336:
Eyahhh..... John Snow, kinda like the dude.

Yeah, 90% of people who watched the showed liked him because he acted his scenes like a pro and was endeared!
Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by qekng40(f): 7:43am On May 03, 2022
superCleanworks:
problems. i wish him well.
Same here. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by qekng40(f): 7:45am On May 03, 2022
DejiPlug:
Reason why we all need a healthy relationship with Jesus, the Son of Almighty God, who created us.

God is the only source of true purpose. Jesus is the way to Him.

Bankole for President

https://www.nairaland.com/7107205/workers-day-ill-relieve-pains

After Preaching, you campaign!

Why not stay on a particular lane Mr Pastortician ? sad
Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by suffering: 3:14pm On May 03, 2022
The most successful oyibos are the most depressed. There is something wrong about their upbringing. Walai.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Star Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) Battles Severe Depression by qekng40(f): 9:04am On May 05, 2022
suffering:
The most successful oyibos are the most depressed. There is something wrong about their upbringing. Walai.

Too much civilization I guess sad

(1) (Reply)

Jeff Tiedrich Biography: The Monster You Deserve To Know / “i'm Not Ashamed Of Drinking Garri To Raise My Family” Bidemi Kosoko Speaks / Fitness Celebrity Onyiye Vilandra Takes Photo With Fowl To Celebrate Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.