Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. (3546 Views)

Is It Normal For Police To Enter A Street & Arrest People Without Offense? / Thief Stuck On The Roof Top While Trying To Enter A Shop To Steal / Baggers Kill Eiye Cultist In Delta After "Bullets Refused To Enter His Body" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by MideMrPossible: 1:15pm On May 03, 2022
Good day forum mates and happy eid fitri to our Muslim brethren.

What do you know about palm fronts install in a property like this? What does it signifies in your region?

Here in south west especially in Ibadan, we call it Igaa, which makes it a taboo for anyone to enter into such farm sites or property where it has been installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMJmy1RTaak

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by Mbataku96(m): 1:48pm On May 03, 2022
This act can be traced back to the ancients NRI kingdom, it is a form of spiritual protection or restrictions, done with palm fronds, which is a symbol of the ancients NRI kingdom.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by illicit(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2022
It is a warning to keep off

There's nothing spectacular nor spiritual about it, it's just a primitive way of communicating

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by gulfer: 3:00pm On May 03, 2022
Ol' boy, Fulani herdsmen and their cows can never obey this o o or can it stop them getting into a farm undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by Deo1986(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2022
My place, it means the land is in dispute.
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by Owologbo(m): 4:26pm On May 03, 2022
MideMrPossible:

What do you know about palm fronts install in a property like this? What does it signifies in your region?

Here in south west especially in Ibadan, we call it Igaa, which makes it a taboo for anyone to enter into such farm sites or property where it has been installed.

In my place, you can enter, but don't take anything from the land (it's to prevent stealing)
Most times, it inhibit the farm produce.
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by realstars: 4:56pm On May 03, 2022
MideMrPossible:

It is a sighn of no escavation, you don't have the right to do any work in that farm.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by SeekerOfPekus: 5:06pm On May 03, 2022
MideMrPossible:

I have destroyed things like this and nothing happened but what I read on Nairaland about jazz today made me actually rethink
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by OGwales(m): 5:09pm On May 03, 2022
It only a means of communication

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by Conner44: 5:44pm On May 03, 2022
It means a piece of land is under dispute and nobody (even the alleged owners) is supposed to be performing any kind of activity on it.
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by MideMrPossible: 7:30pm On May 03, 2022
SeekerOfPekus:
I have destroyed things like this and nothing happened but what I read on Nairaland about jazz today made me actually rethink

Can you please share your experience about what transpires and actions taken by the people put the stuff their
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by SeekerOfPekus: 8:40pm On May 03, 2022
MideMrPossible:

Can you please share your experience about what transpires and actions taken by the people put the stuff their
there was a land my mom bought, after paying they started trying to play some games. It's a long story, but as regards something like this jazz stuff, we woke up the next day to see something like what u posted and they said if any of us enters the land, the person will ago mad or something like that, my elder bro, mom and uncles became scared. I just allowd them to go back then I came back to destroy everything there and dumbed it on the road. Nothing happen. After that we settled. Another one was in a shop I rented , they I came one morning to see similar stuff like that. I didn't waste time to destroy it. I won't advice you to do such but some of us , our sprit strong pass all those things, that's even if it works as they believe

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by MideMrPossible: 9:47pm On May 03, 2022
realstars:
It is a sighn of no escavation, you don't have the right to do any work in that farm.

You're very correct
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by Danmboss(m): 10:58pm On May 03, 2022
Na sakamaje touch and die
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by utibe1995(m): 11:18pm On May 03, 2022
In my place, you don't dare to enter a property with this symbol put on it. If you dare, you join your ancestors that very week. If Fulani men enter a land that the symbol is put in, there will never go out with complete cow. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by MideMrPossible: 11:30pm On May 03, 2022
Danmboss:
Na sakamaje touch and die

Bros, this is not sakamanje o, its best you don't enter any property with such stuff
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by MideMrPossible: 11:31pm On May 03, 2022
SeekerOfPekus:
there was a land my mom bought, after paying they started trying to play some games. It's a long story, but as regards something like this jazz stuff, we woke up the next day to see something like what u posted and they said if any of us enters the land, the person will ago mad or something like that, my elder bro, mom and uncles became scared. I just allowd them to go back then I came back to destroy everything there and dumbed it on the road. Nothing happen. After that we settled. Another one was in a shop I rented , they I came one morning to see similar stuff like that. I didn't waste time to destroy it. I won't advice you to do such but some of us , our sprit strong pass all those things, that's even if it works as they believe

I like your spirit already.
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by phemmyfour: 5:40am On May 04, 2022
SeekerOfPekus:
Those things no dey work. So many red cloth tied around farm wey we destroyed growing up
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by SeekerOfPekus: 8:34am On May 04, 2022
phemmyfour:
Those things no dey work. So many red cloth tied around farm wey we destroyed growing up
yeah but yesterday a nairalander was narrating first hand experience of his cultism activities and talked about how he did something that when they shot him it didn't penetrate . That kept me pondering
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by DontBullshitMe: 9:37am On May 04, 2022
But somehow white men were able to ransack thousands of these farmlands when charms were believed to be very potent.

You and those who agreed with this post lack sense.
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by MideMrPossible: 10:34am On May 04, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
But somehow whiten were able to ransack thousands of these farmlands when charms were believed to be very potent.

[s]You and those who agreed with this post lack sense.[/s]
What if white have some supernatural power that doesn't bow to this things. I've seen this stuff work and I've asked the same question, "how come the white were able to conquer our land, rape our women and enslaved us against our wish" not answer found.
Re: Yoruba Science: It is forbidden To Enter A Farm-site With Symbol Like This. by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:17am On May 04, 2022
SeekerOfPekus:

Please, paste the link to the jazz thread.

(1) (Reply)

Couple Kidnapped And Killed After Paying Ransom In Anambra State (PHOTOS) / Help: Paycom Nigeria Limited Debit From My Account / EXPOSED!!! 17yrs Old Boy Caught Masturbating In A Cyber Cafe On CCTV.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.