Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions (1053 Views)

How Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Was Killed By Lions At U.I. Zoo In 1991 In Ibadan / Did The Pastors Existed Among The Early Christians? / What Made The Early Christians So Devoted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 9:00am On May 05, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

You have to ask on the Muslim Forum wink

No need to ask, they believe it does, just like you believe Nero's actions validate your faith.

1 Like

Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 9:01am On May 05, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

No worry, one day e go clear for your eye. Seek and you shall find. cool cool

Ok.

1 Like

Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 9:05am On May 05, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

I still believe @LordReed will become one of the greatest Gospel Preachers during our time grin He just doesn't know it yet.

LoLz! OK o!
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by Nobody: 10:09am On May 05, 2022
LordReed:

No need to ask, they believe it does, just like you believe Nero's actions validate your faith.

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by 'validate'.

I think it means prove it's accuracy which is why I told you to ask on the Moslem forum but if you have, and they believe it does, then no wahala. I can't be doing an Islam research grin
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by Nobody: 10:10am On May 05, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! OK o!

Wait and see grin
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 10:21am On May 05, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Maybe I misunderstand what you mean by 'validate'.

I think it means prove it's accuracy which is why I told you to ask on the Moslem forum but if you have, and they believe it does, then no wahala. I can't be doing an Islam research grin

I don't expect you to (which is another problem) but I don't expect you to choose things that are neither unique nor restricted to your favoured religion. Religious persecution is a staple of human existence since the advent of religion itself, it cannot be an indicator of truth or else every religion that has faced persecution is true.

1 Like

Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 10:22am On May 05, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Wait and see grin

I got nothing but time baby.

2 Likes

Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by GloriousGbola: 11:00am On May 05, 2022
LordReed:

China is persecuting Muslims, does that validate Islam?

Hitler genocided jews

Burma also genocided Muslims

So did serbia

Just to name a few more recent incidents of religious persecution.
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by Nobody: 11:24am On May 05, 2022
LordReed:

I got nothing but time baby.

Lol grin Calling an old lady like me 'baby' grin
My husband must see this grin
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by Nobody: 11:27am On May 05, 2022
LordReed:

I don't expect you to (which is another problem) but I don't expect you to choose things that are neither unique nor restricted to your favoured religion. Religious persecution is a staple of human existence since the advent of religion itself, it cannot be an indicator of truth or else every religion that has faced persecution is true.

Omo, my dissertation is due today at 5p.m. I've submitted my first draft to turnitin just in case, but I still need to add to it. I can resubmit 3 times before they say, "no more" grin

One of my modules was 'Contemporary Religion' which I enjoyed - Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, New Age, etc. I even visited a synagogue as part of it and worshipped with them one Saturday. So no. I just don't have time now to do Islam research until my dissertation is done and dusted.

Wish me well grin
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 11:34am On May 05, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Omo, my dissertation is due today at 5p.m. I've submitted my first draft to turnitin just in case, but I still need to add to it. I can resubmit 3 times before they say, "no more" grin

One of my modules was 'Contemporary Religion' which I enjoyed - Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, New Age, etc. I even visited a synagogue as part of it and worshipped with them one Saturday. So no. I just don't have time now to do Islam research until my dissertation is done and dusted.

Wish me well grin

I wish you all the best.
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

Lol grin Calling an old lady like me 'baby' grin
My husband must see this grin

Everybody is baby, my wife calls me baby.

1 Like

Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by LordReed(m): 11:37am On May 05, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Hitler genocided jews

So did serbia

It's abominable. Humans killing humans over whose god has the bigger dick.

1 Like

Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by KnownUnknown: 1:32pm On May 05, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Hitler genocided jews

So did serbia

Forget hitler and the Jews or the Burmese Buddhist savages and their Muslims. European and colonialist Christians take the cake. The ones who justifies their savagery by denigrating the humanity of their victims. Now, there victims are the mourners who wail louder than the bereaved celebrating ignorance in the name of religion.

“Despite some problems with this story—What was so terrible about seeing Noah drunk? Why curse Canaan rather than Ham? How long was the servitude to last? Surely Ham would have been the same color as his brothers?—it eventually became the foundational text for those who wanted to justify slavery on Biblical grounds. In its boiled-down, popular version, known as “The Curse of Ham,” Canaan was dropped from the story, Ham was made black, and his descendants were made Africans.”

Bishop Stephen Elliott, of Georgia, also knew how to look on the bright side. Critics of slavery should “consider whether, by their interference with this institution, they may not be checking and impeding a work which is manifestly Providential. For nearly a hundred years the English and American Churches have been striving to civilize and Christianize Western Africa, and with what result? Around Sierra Leone, and in the neighborhood of Cape Palmas, a few natives have been made Christians, and some nations have been partially civilized; but what a small number in comparison with the thousands, nay, I may say millions, who have learned the way to Heaven and who have been made to know their Savior through the means of African slavery! At this very moment there are from three to four millions of Africans, educating for earth and for Heaven in the so vilified Southern States—learning the very best lessons for a semi-barbarous people—lessons of self-control, of obedience, of perseverance, of adaptation of means to ends; learning, above all, where their weakness lies, and how they may acquire strength for the battle of life. These considerations satisfy me with their condition, and assure me that it is the best relation they can, for the present, be made to occupy.”

https://time.com/5171819/christianity-slavery-book-excerpt/?amp=true

Can you imagine?!! This animal calling people “semi-barbarous” while displaying every characteristic of a uncouth rapacious savage. What do we have left of the African diaspora after centuries of this Christian nonsense? A bunch of slavish people living in pitiful conditions with their minds shackled by superstition and arrant nonsense. Thinking some fucking Jewish version of Zeus is their deity and some dude popularly depicted as white is his son.

The Christians say your skin is the “curse of ham”, and y’all nod along like fucking lemmings.

Christian bigotry is definitely not like the past but the virulent hatred that underlies the religion since it became the tool of conquest is still there. The European wealthy class still operate under Dum Diversas with the help of their myopic and disgustingly ignorant African “leaders”. Perpetual slaves. As for the Arab slaves, the Christians learned some of their animal behavior from your Arab masters.

And the overrated Jesus character can gnash his teeth all the way to his hell.
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by GloriousGbola: 1:35pm On May 05, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Forget hitler and the Jews or the Burmese Buddhist savages and their Muslims. European and colonialist Christians take the cake. The ones who justifies their savagery by denigrating the humanity of their victims. Now, there victims are the mourners who wail louder than the bereaved celebrating ignorance in the name of religion.

“Despite some problems with this story—What was so terrible about seeing Noah drunk? Why curse Canaan rather than Ham? How long was the servitude to last? Surely Ham would have been the same color as his brothers?—it eventually became the foundational text for those who wanted to justify slavery on Biblical grounds. In its boiled-down, popular version, known as “The Curse of Ham,” Canaan was dropped from the story, Ham was made black, and his descendants were made Africans.”

Bishop Stephen Elliott, of Georgia, also knew how to look on the bright side. Critics of slavery should “consider whether, by their interference with this institution, they may not be checking and impeding a work which is manifestly Providential. For nearly a hundred years the English and American Churches have been striving to civilize and Christianize Western Africa, and with what result? Around Sierra Leone, and in the neighborhood of Cape Palmas, a few natives have been made Christians, and some nations have been partially civilized; but what a small number in comparison with the thousands, nay, I may say millions, who have learned the way to Heaven and who have been made to know their Savior through the means of African slavery! At this very moment there are from three to four millions of Africans, educating for earth and for Heaven in the so vilified Southern States—learning the very best lessons for a semi-barbarous people—lessons of self-control, of obedience, of perseverance, of adaptation of means to ends; learning, above all, where their weakness lies, and how they may acquire strength for the battle of life. These considerations satisfy me with their condition, and assure me that it is the best relation they can, for the present, be made to occupy.”

https://time.com/5171819/christianity-slavery-book-excerpt/?amp=true

Can you imagine?!! This animal calling people “semi-barbarous” while displaying every characteristic of a uncouth rapacious savage. What do we have left of the African diaspora after centuries of this Christian nonsense? A bunch of slavish people living in pitiful conditions with their minds shackled by superstition and arrant nonsense. Thinking some fucking Jewish version of Zeus is their deity and some dude popularly depicted as white is his son.

The Christians say your skin is the “curse of ham”, and y’all nod along like fucking lemmings.

Christian bigotry is definitely not like the past but the virulent hatred that underlies the religion since it became the tool of conquest is still there.

And the overrated Jesus character can gnash his teeth all the way to his hell.

Go easy on the hyper aggressive militant atheism. All it does is rub people the wrong way.

Another kind of fanaticism, if you will.
Re: The Early Christians Were Fed To Hungry Lions by KnownUnknown: 1:40pm On May 05, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Go easy on the hyper aggressive militant atheism. All it does is rub people the wrong way.

Another kind of fanaticism, if you will.

I’m not an atheist or militant. I know my prose “can rub people the wrong way” but it’s still the truth. “Catch more flies with honey” but I really wanna kill these flies. Leave seeds on their minds that their gods, who look like other people, are nonsense. Even if the seed doesn’t sprout, there will always be a voice in heads whispering “this is nonsense”.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding / The End Of Days: How Would You Feel If God Forgave All? / Breaking; Pastor Adeboye Deletes The Video Of His Support To Israel On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.