Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,776 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? (26418 Views)

MTN Welcome Back! Can I Get Recover My Lost Sim Of 2yrs +? / Can A Lost Or Stolen Phone Be Tracked While Switched Off / Whats The Procedure/documents Required To Retrieve A Lost 9mobile Sim Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by ChooseOne(m): 8:41pm On May 04, 2022
One pre-registered SIM about to go more to follow. NCC needs to block my SIM cards; scammers still reaching out to me.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Tjarabs: 9:07pm On May 04, 2022
Graphiclord:
Looking for a graphics designer? Look no further! Contact me on WhatsApp: 0-8-1_3_0—3—1_8·0-9–9
why u dy suffer to type common phone number? ur keypad get issue?
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Joshuam1(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2022
You don't pay for MTN services in MTN office.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by VirileNelly2420: 9:49pm On May 04, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
So, my phone got stolen last week and inside it is my major sim card that I have been using for over 6years.

The line in question is linked to my NIN but the initial Sim registration was done by someone else. I no longer have the sim pack as well.
Ps: I bought the sim as already registered.

So, i went for a welcome-back last week Saturday in MTN Head-Office at UWANI, ENUGU and the guy at the desk told me that since the initial sim registration was done by someone else, that they will have to contact their Lagos office for approval to welcome-back the sim and the whole process will cost me #10,000.
In that same office, my friend did his welcome back two weeks ago for #1k.
A part of me felt that the guy wants to just make extra cash from be because it was just him and another customer service that is sitted far from him that were working that very day.
But I want to be sure if his claims are true.

Pls if you have had any experience like this, enlighten me.
What I want to know is if it will cost that much to welcome back your sim if it wasn't registered to your name even if it is linked to your NIN.
Have you done any welcome back like that?
I think if ur NIN is linked to d SIM, u have a claim to it.
It shouldn't cost da much. 1,500 is considerate
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by VirileNelly2420: 9:55pm On May 04, 2022
post=112514724:

You bought a SIM CARD that was already registered?!
Wtf! shocked

This is how some people go to jail for something they know nothing they about!!

Shaking our heads undecided
He has used the SIM for 6years, back den, registration of SIM wasn't da serious.
Btw he still linked his NIN to the SIM. It remains he's!
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by kachijack(m): 10:55pm On May 04, 2022
Springboot:

Unfortunately some idiooots will believe this rubbish you wrote here and continue buying registered line. Just so you know, buying an already registered line is illegal

Dear Sir, try to read with an open mind and do not be in a haste to give responses that portray you in a type of way.
Yes, currently to buy a pre-registered SIM is fraudulent and the NCC is doing it's bit with the network providers to stem a trend that had been in existence since way back in the late 2010 till about 4/5 years ago. This involves arrests and prosecution of sellers and buyers of pre-registered and activated SIMs.

However, there are people who own lines from the previous period who have irregular registration.
Now imagine what will happen to the millions of customers who did not register their SIMs themselves (sims bought already activated, OGA sim bought by driver, madams sim bought by house-help, student SIM dashed to him by his uncle, corporate lines given as gifts to VIPs and these lines have been in use for years, etc...)

The NCC and the network providers being customer focused set up processes to allow validated owners with genuine proof to get their lines registration updated and possibly restored if lost or damaged.
Then again, each providers requirement may slightly differ from the other but they are tailored around ownership verification checks and validation before approval for the lines registration to be regularized. (Infact service providers have been initiating request to subscribers for SIM registration update to customer lines that did not meet specific NCC standards for over 4 years now).

So sir, calm down and try to refrain from calling people names or using derogatory words before you fully digest the information being passed.

*Anyone that has a line that was not registered in their name and has been using this line should take necessary steps to update the registration, it gets a lot difficult if the line is lost but is still very possible to retrieve*
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Springboot: 11:24pm On May 04, 2022
kachijack:

Dear Sir, try to read with an open mind and do not be in a haste to give responses that portray you in a type of way.
Yes, currently to buy a pre-registered SIM is fraudulent and the NCC is doing it's bit with the network providers to stem a trend that had been in existence since way back in the late 2010 till about 4/5 years ago. This involves arrests and prosecution of sellers and buyers of pre-registered and activated SIMs.

However, there are people who own lines from the previous period who have irregular registration.
Now imagine what will happen to the millions of customers who did not register their SIMs themselves (sims bought already activated, OGA sim bought by driver, madams sim bought by house-help, student SIM dashed to him by his uncle, corporate lines given as gifts to VIPs and these lines have been in use for years, etc...)

The NCC and the network providers being customer focused set up processes to allow validated owners with genuine proof to get their lines registration updated and possibly restored if lost or damaged.
Then again, each providers requirement may slightly differ from the other but they are tailored around ownership verification checks and validation before approval for the lines registration to be regularized. (Infact service providers have been initiating request to subscribers for SIM registration update to customer lines that did not meet specific NCC standards for over 4 years now).

So sir, calm down and try to refrain from calling people names or using derogatory words before you fully digest the information being passed.

*Anyone that has a line that was not registered in their name and has been using this line should take necessary steps to update the registration, it gets a lot difficult if the line is lost but is still very possible to retrieve*

Good point. Welldone.

1 Like

Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by wadanki: 11:37pm On May 04, 2022
Bros, go to New Haven connect store in Enugu with Ur NIN slip and sworn affidavit of lost of simpack. Since it is a pre- registered line, a mail will be sent by the sop manager or the team lead for approval. When the mail is approved, u will be registered afresh. Note that security questions will be asked such as; last amount recharged and frequently dialled number to confirm if u are the true owner of the line. You will be charged below 500 and recharge card will be given to you. I did mine last week.
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Apeh217(m): 5:22am On May 05, 2022
1Alex:
Simple, tell them you now want to register the sim in your name.

All they want is to link a sim card to a valid identity.
Not easy bro am an agent that's my work the 10k the guy call is even small �� if at all he has the Sim it should have been easy
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by luluosas(m): 6:39am On May 05, 2022
In my opinion, you may not be able to welcome back that Sim card because it is not your own, but if they asked you to pay 10k for it to be done, why not?

I went to upgrade my Glo Sim card 2 weeks ago, and they charged me 3,600. Upgrade oooooo, not that I lost the Sim card in the first place. I went to Airtel office to do the same Sim upgrade. Guess what? Airtel did it free of charge. This country eh!

Anyway, I would have suggested that you go to NIN office to change the phone number on your NIN, then do the same thing if the same number is linked to your BVN and bank alerts. This is my 1 cent advice. Cheers.

Cared to make legit 3 dollars daily? Get back
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by Hustlerconnect: 6:00pm On May 05, 2022
You can retrieved your sim back I had same problem 2 months ago. Got robbed here in Abuja
And my glo sim that I have been using for 4 years got missing. Went to do welcome back and I was told I wasn't the one that registered it.
So they requested for court affidavit which I rushed to the nearest court to get for 1k. Went to the office and security questions were asked and I provided the answers including last recharge amount. I paid 1300 and within 2 days my glo sim is back online.
They have to wiped all the former details of the person that registered it first and re registered me. If glo that is so slow and problematic I could easily retrieved my line then tell me what's stopping mtn from doing it for you? You'll need to go to the main head office of mtn . Don't pay 10k it's too much you'll be charged less if you go to the right place
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by BluntCrazeMan: 5:20am On May 06, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:
So, my phone got stolen last week and inside it is my major sim card that I have been using for over 6years.

The line in question is linked to my NIN but the initial Sim registration was done by someone else. I no longer have the sim pack as well.

So, i went for a welcome-back last week Saturday in MTN Head-Office at UWANI, ENUGU and the guy at the desk told me that since the initial sim registration was done by someone else, that they will have to contact their Lagos office for approval to welcome-back the sim and the whole process will cost me #10,000.
A part of me felt that the guy wants to just make extra cash from be because it was just him and another customer service that is sitted far from him that were working that very day.

What I want to know is if it will cost that much to welcome back your sim if it wasn't registered to your name even if it is linked to your NIN.
Many people who have same problem as yours would abandon that line totally and go for a new line and register it by themselves.
That one na too much wahalla
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by cedricksly: 8:09am On May 06, 2022
AuthoritySpeaks:

by law you can't retrieve sim card not registered by you, except it does it for you using backdoor, which would backfire Las las
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by ikorodureporta: 3:33am On May 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
You dey go cake exhibition?Just enter a but to obalende.Drop at the last bus stop and look for a bus or keke going to Eko hotel.Ask the driver that you are going to landmark event..
This route is better than the other side..
Thanks!
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by stacyadams: 10:48pm On Jan 03

In such case as yours,you need a court affidavit stating that the line belongs to you , with that u go for a welcome back with valid i.d and also answer the security question on ur line ,like the 3 numbers u call often ,last known balance and rest,am sure thats what the guy is still gonna do so he is charging you for the stress ..i have same issue and i will be honest with you,this is ,3 years already and getting the affidavit is a problem for me ,my lawyer is asking for 7k if i don't wanna stress myself

Abeg which branch u do am..I need her services mbok
Re: Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? by stacyadams: 4:12pm On Jan 19
DynasTee:
I was a victim of pre-registered sim as well.

After I have visited about 7 MTN offices, I was directed to a particular one (at VI, Lagos).

The guy I met told me they've been stopped from doing welcome back for such sims.

I was lucky because he said "I'll do it for the last time".

He retrieved the sim using the old customer's name and told me to come back after 3 days for change of name.

I think you're lucky someone agreed to do it for you (I hope it's not a scam)

Abeg u get the guy man phone number?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Borrow Airtime From Airtel Via *500# ? / The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price / Twitter Limits The Number Of Posts Users Can Read Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.