Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,347 members, 7,815,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike (1022 Views)

Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina / Masari To Buhari: Your Promised 3m Votes Intact Despite Postponed Elections / Buhari Has Cut Deal With Yari, Masari To Capture Zamfara, Katsina —atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by MyopicMods: 8:12am On May 04, 2022
We are Happy for your actions against Igbos: Gov Masari to Wike

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, and his Katsina State counterpart, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari has enjoined Nigerians, irrespective of political leanings, to work cohesively together for the development of the country.

The governors, who met at the Government House, Katsina, Katsina State on Tuesday, maintained that the sustenance of the unity in diversity of Nigeria over the years has played a vital role in the growth and development of the country.

Wike, who is also a Presidential aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said he was in Katsina State to meet with the party’s leaders and delegates ahead of the PDP national convention this month. And as a mark of respect, he also deemed it proper to personally visit Governor Masari, to formally notify him of his presidential ambition.

“I am formally informing you that I am making myself available to run for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and I am here today to talk to the delegates who will make it possible on the 28th and 29th of this month, which is our national convention.”

“We cannot say because you don’t belong to our party and therefore we must not give you that respect, no, is not allowed. By our tradition, the party cannot divide us. Party is a vehicle that conveys you to the point of destination.”

Governor Wike insisted that irrespective of political leanings, politicians must cultivate the virtue of prioritizing national unity above their political interests at all times.

In his response, the Governor of Katsina State, Rt. Hon. Aminu Bello Masari said it was gratifying that the Governor of Rivers State is aspiring to be the next president of Nigeria. According to him, that shows that the country is becoming one united nation.

“I believe you have contributed in your own way immensely to the development of the political process in Nigeria. Really, we thank God that people like you come from that part of the country. It shows confidence in the oneness of Nigeria and the political process.

He explained that he will remain eternally grateful to the people of Rivers State for the immense support given to him while he was the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“During my days as Speaker of the House of Representatives, if there is anyone State that you can count 100 per cent support, it was Rivers State and we remain friendly up till this moment. So anybody coming from Rivers State to wherever I am, he is welcome into my personal house or official residence.”

The Katsina State governor also commended Governor Wike for effectively curtailing the activities of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Rivers State.

He observed that if Governor Wike had not acted decisively, the nation would have been in a more precarious situation.

“I know what you did as a committed Nigerian. If you had allowed the situation to penetrate Rivers, only God knows where the situation would have been today.”

Governor Masari used the occasion to condemn the advocates of interim government in the country. According to him, “anybody calling for an interim government is simply calling for a coup against the Constitution.”

The Katsina State governor implored politicians to play politics in such a way that the nation and the political process will survive because without the political process surviving, nobody will survive.

“So, I think it is important that we play according to the rules that we set for ourselves. And we should not do anything that should injure or endanger the process because it can consume all of us.”

Governor Wike, also visited Hajia Aya Dada Yar’Adua, the mother of late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, who was also an ex-Governor of Katsina.

https://theportcitynews.com/2022/05/04/gov-masari-lauds-wike-for-actions-against-ipob-harps-on-unity/?fbclid=IwAR364RGqWV16yzKL_UO6Zgaq-jBtpnFZhzIPsxsE8f0Q44NqmpC6nbznJHE
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Ndibunna: 8:13am On May 04, 2022
Wonderful
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by OyigboUpdate: 8:14am On May 04, 2022
When it comes to handling security challenges I will give it up to Wike

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Newton2024: 8:15am On May 04, 2022
Sad News You Can Read Only From South-East

29 07 2021 · The attack resulted in loss of properties worth millions of naira while the affected victims were left in a state of hopelessness. https://www.google.com/url?q=http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/29/how-nigerian-soldiers-killed-one-razed-houses-ab

13 10 2021 · According to them, soldiers who were on a reprisal attack burnt no fewer than 80 houses, many cars and economic trees. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://saharareporters.com/2021/10/13/nigerian-soldiers-burnt-over-80-houses-our-community-%25E2%2580%2594-imo-residents&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjeldW2k8X3AhWJbsAKHbgsCRgQFnoECAIQAg&usg=AOvVaw3kL8gVjlupnUku-LG6apVk

20 01 2022 · Angered by the killing of their colleagues, the soldiers stormed the community setting fire to houses, shops and any structure on sight. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/soldiers-raze-buildings-in-abia-community-over-death-of-colleagues/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjeldW2k8X3AhWJbsAKHbgsCRgQFnoECAcQAg&usg=AOvVaw2CcZLojV7SjpkiT1cxRZRv

19 01 2022 · Soldiers raided 100 Igbo communities, razed 1000 homes and destroyed N40b properties in 14 months – Intersociety. https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.sunnewsonline.com/soldiers-raided-100-igbo-communities-razed-1000-homes-and-destroyed-n40b-properties-in-14-months-intersociety/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjeldW2k8X3AhWJbsAKHbgsCRgQFnoECAEQAg&usg=AOvVaw3qJbprWQJf57mnHna7mEdk

1 Like

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:16am On May 04, 2022
Nice from both parties

While Wike may not be popular as a choice for many individuals in the choice of a president, you can not take away " consistency " from his personality. If you think otherwise, mention ten politicians in recent years that have proven more consistent
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Ndibunna: 8:18am On May 04, 2022
Wike is a typical Ikwerre man. So him fighting Igbos and closing down their business is not new in annals of history.

North must commend him for killing the people they hate most.

7 Likes

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Penguin2: 8:19am On May 04, 2022
If you sell your brother, the buyers will never trust you.

Wike should rejoice that he’s being praised for massacring his people.

PDP should try wasting their ticket on him let’s check something.

Ndi ala!

14 Likes

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Advocate500: 8:21am On May 04, 2022
You are happy he is killing his neighbour's while you granted amnesty to invaders? Wike you can see where your supporters are coming from.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by SwissMass: 8:28am On May 04, 2022
Soludo should talk extramural classes from woke, that guy na bad boy
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Emergingnation3(m): 8:37am On May 04, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
Nice from both parties

While Wike may not be popular as a choice for many individuals in the choice of a president, you can not take away " consistency " from his personality. If you think otherwise, mention ten politicians in recent years that have proven more consistent
OyigboUpdate the Ikwere Marauder is following the foot steps of their fathers of betraying Biafran cause, but they can't succeed time,cos we are not in the 60ths..

4 Likes

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by richiemcgold: 8:39am On May 04, 2022
Thank GOD this is not coming from a southwest governor but a northerner
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Oplomo: 8:40am On May 04, 2022
Penguin2:

Ndi ala!

The party will die completely if they try it. grin

APC yoruba branch are praying for Wike (whom they hated when APC-Amaechi was fighting him with AAC during his election) to pick PDP ticket, so that they can pick Tinubu or Osinbade and kill off the PDP party.
They know the east will rather sit at home if we have a Tinubu (or any yoruba) vs Wike situation on both parties. grin

PDP must wait for APC to pick their own candidate first if they want to survive 2023, I have said it a thousand times.

If APC pick SW, send the PDP ticket north immediately. That's the real sophicated politics. If it must come south it should be SE vs SE as SW have taken their turn. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Tinubuadvocate: 8:41am On May 04, 2022
He has done well in that aspect truly.
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by colorsofrainbow: 8:43am On May 04, 2022
OyigboUpdate:
You were nowhere to be found a day ago when he said he's for the agitation of ipob grin grin
Shame catch you sote you go hide. Now you don come out from hiding grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by chibuike65: 8:48am On May 04, 2022
Wike time it's almost up, he will surely run away from the country, waiting for him to campaign there

1 Like

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Penguin2: 8:54am On May 04, 2022
Oplomo:

The party will die completely if they try it. grin

APC yoruba branch are praying for Wike (whom they hated when APC-Amaechi was fighting him with AAC during his election) to pick PDP ticket, so that they can pick Tinubu or Osinbade and kill off the PDP party.
They know the east will rather sit at home if we have a Tinubu (or any yoruba) vs Wike situation on both parties. grin

PDP must wait for APC to pick their own candidate first if they want to survive 2023, I have said it a thousand times.

If APC pick SW, send the PDP ticket north immediately. That's the real sophicated politics. If it must come south it should be SE vs SE as SW have taken their turn. grin

I’ve said it before that if Wike gets PDP ticket and Tinubu gets APC ticket, I will personally campaign for Tinubu and make sure everyone around me votes for him.

Thunder fire Wike.
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by OyigboUpdate: 8:55am On May 04, 2022
colorsofrainbow:

You were nowhere to be found a day ago when he said he's for the agitation of ipob grin grin
Shame catch you sote you go hide. Now you don come out from hiding grin

Them just dey use una head. Oya go and do IPOB in his state if he is for IPOB. As una be mumu him for even talk say him go pay una 100k a month if una vote am ekuke
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by OyigboUpdate: 8:56am On May 04, 2022
Emergingnation3:
OyigboUpdate the Ikwere Marauder is following the foot steps of their fathers of betraying Biafran cause, but they can't succeed time,cos we are not in the 60ths..

U na robot
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Indispensable85(m): 8:57am On May 04, 2022
And he didn't visit his fellow PDP governor in Edo State.
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by colorsofrainbow: 9:02am On May 04, 2022
OyigboUpdate:

Them just dey use una head. Oya go and do IPOB in his state if he is for IPOB. As una be mumu him for even talk say him go pay una 100k a month if una vote am ekuke
Mumu like you grin
You don dey shift goalpost. If he can't deny ipob publicly when opprtuned on national TV,everyother shit he does or says behind is completely insignificant.
Anuofia like you is so disappointed. If to say em deny ipob or called them terrorists on national TV as you idiot portray,na u for first carry the news. Now you are shifting the goalpost after the disappointment. For him to align with ipob's agitation,ipob is really a force to reckon with in SE and Nigeria as a whole. grin grin
The thing is that you know this truth but pains of deporting your criminal accomplice Ijelespeaks from Turkey will always keep you in denial grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Emergingnation3(m): 9:10am On May 04, 2022
OyigboUpdate:

U na robot
Says Ikwere stunts.... Your Betrayel can't work this time. The earliest you realize that the better for you..

And our mission isn't to annex Ikwere and other tribes into Biafra, but to cause the disintegration of this contraption let everyone answer their fathers name..

1 Like

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by drmuchin: 9:33am On May 04, 2022
Wike presidential ambition is DEAD ON ARRIVAL
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by AsiwajuOfPeePoo: 9:34am On May 04, 2022
One of my worst mistake in life was to campaigned and voted for a tout called wike.
As it stands now wike is a liability to pdp.
In Rivers here only obiakpor will vote for president.
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Reality3080: 9:40am On May 04, 2022
Penguin2:

Ndi ala!
i am pro tinubu but I will gladly vote wike,he can handle security
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by IGBOSON1: 9:42am On May 04, 2022
Advocate500:
You are happy he is killing his neighbour's while you granted amnesty to invaders? Wike you can see where your supporters are coming from.

Wasn’t Masari the governor that went into the forest to have a tête-à-tête with gun-wielding terrorists…responsible for the annihilation of thousands of lives!? I hear the terrorists have upped the ante ever since and latest news coming from their ends says they went and chased the ‘gallant’ Nigerian army out of their base in Chibok!

Southerners are their own biggest problem, and the major reason the region has been subjugated and subservient to the muslim core north since the late 60s to date!
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Emergingnation3(m): 9:45am On May 04, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Wasn’t Masari the governor that went into the forest to have a tête-à-tête with gun-wielding terrorists…responsible for the annihilation of thousands of lives!? I hear the terrorists have upped the ante ever since and latest news coming from their ends says they went and chased the ‘gallant’ Nigerian army out of their base in Chibok!

Southerners are their own biggest problem, and the major reason the region has been subjugated and subservient to the muslim core north since the late 60s to date!
See am here !

1 Like

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Madmohamed123: 10:00am On May 04, 2022
Wike will think this people are happy whit him for killing IPOB they are just trying to remind ndi igbo what wike did to us if we forgot

They are trying to tell us to something

3 Likes

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by Jostoman: 10:32am On May 04, 2022
They are trying their possible best to make Igbo people hate WIKE. Which is not possible
Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by afube: 11:08am On May 04, 2022
OyigboUpdate:

You are just as daft as wike...........Masari jut removed Wike's trousers for public! So which base is wike going to run on.......ikwerre's 1.9 million population? Fulani's are more crafty and deceptive than satan himself!

1 Like

Re: We Are Happy For Your Actions Against Igbos: Gov Masari To Wike by kindlyheart: 11:40am On May 04, 2022
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Can Boko Haram Overrun Abuja? / Panic Grips PDP Over Edeoga's Nsukka Rally / God's Will Akpabio Disqualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.