Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division (1062 Views)

Reason Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (picture) / Why Are Yorubas No Longer Talking About Seccession In Constitution? / Seccession: Africa will loose respect if Nigeria breaks__/Gov Abdulahi Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 04, 2022
Do you know that 90% of the threads on Nairaland promotes hateful tribalism and division? What is the essence of this platform if it can't control a discourse and national issues without sliding into tribal wars and ethnic slurs? Can you point out any post on Nairaland without tribal and hateful coloration? While it says no to seccession, it directly and indirectly promotes bitter hate and tribalism which feed seccession. A new Nigeria doesn't need this type of social media to grow. If the owners can't control it, I recommend it's shut down for a peaceful and better Nigeria to emerge. You can simply join Nairaland to help build a better society but you get corrupt by the bashing you receive from wayward members.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 04, 2022
FREE SPEECH. DON'T LIKE IT, START YA OWN FORUM!!!

6 Likes

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 04, 2022
Free speech should be true speech.

4 Likes

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 04, 2022
We can't build a country of hate and lies.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 04, 2022
jerseyboy:
FREE SPEECH. DON'T LIKE IT, START YA OWN FORUM!!!
Mr man there is a big difference between free speech and open display of tribal bigotry and insult.
I agree with the op, nairaland promote and support division and insults all because of the traffic.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 04, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

Mr man there is a big difference between free speech and open display of tribal bigotry and insult.
I agree with the op, nairaland promote and support division and insults all because of the traffic.
DON'T LIKE IT? START YOUR OWN. QUIT WHINNING.

1 Like

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Vincyman: 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
I like Nairaland bc it is made in naija
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
We want the owner of this platform to sit up so that the enemies like the one ranting free speech here doesn't destroy it.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 04, 2022
Zikojukwu:
We can't build a country of hate and lies.
The first lie is that you believe Nigeria is a country. That's a lie. You buy into it because you are no longer living in your region. The nationalities that own your place of tenancy want to leave fulani slave farm and you call it hate speech. Love your self, love your region, Nigeria has expired. All that is left is HATE.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 04, 2022
This Jersey guy is really funny.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 04, 2022
jerseyboy:

DON'T LIKE IT? START YOUR OWN. QUIT WHINNING.
And if you couldn't understand the guy's point quit whining and get a life.

3 Likes

Zikojukwu:
We want to the owner of this platform to sit up so that the enemies like the one ranting free speech here doesn't destroy it.
You go get rid of Seun be that na. Igboman want something that doesn't belong to him. Fool-ani.

1 Like

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 04, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

And if you couldn't understand the guy's point quit whining and get a life.
Take you own advise
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 04, 2022
jerseyboy:

Take you own advise
Take your own advise by shutting up,and get the point.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:15pm On May 04, 2022
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 04, 2022
@OP.

It is secession not succession.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 04, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

Take your own advise by shutting up,and get the point.
We are leaving Nigeria because we do not want to carry the same passport as Ibo global developers. Igbo get pride. Leave Yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 04, 2022
jerseyboy:

We are leaving Nigeria because we do not want to carry the same passport as Ibo global developers. Igbo get pride. Leave Yoruba land.
If only wishes came true,haha.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 04, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

If only wishes came true,haha.
Oh boy Nigeria don cast. Na only landlocked mind no fit see am.
Yoruba no wan stay with you crabs in the bucket.

1 Like

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 04, 2022
jerseyboy:

Oh boy Nigeria don cast. Na only landlocked mind no fit see am.
Yoruba no wan stay with you crabs in the bucket.
Everybody know say naija don cast but una come worsen am with una vile words against other tribes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by duro4chang(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2022
You who made this post are one of the Tribal jingoists. People should check all his past comments on nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 04, 2022
Also read the part where I mentioned that an honest person can't join this platform because he will be corrupt by the tribal bashings he can't resist.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 04, 2022
It is the work of the owner to direct discourse end the membership of an erring member. People don't join Nairaland to insult the tribes they may not know, they start defending their people from what they meet already existing on Nairaland.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by SteveDGreat: 1:46pm On May 04, 2022
That's the reason why most intelligent folks have left Nairaland.
The tribal bigotry here is nauseating.

Many people downplay on the importance of Nairaland because of this tribal war going on here

1 Like

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 04, 2022
Chiefbutcher007:

Everybody know say naija don cast but una come worsen am with una vile words against other tribes.
We are all good people, Nigerians. In the condition that the colonials placed us, we cannot but not get to this level. What ever has happened to us is the the fault of Nigeria. Igos, Yorubas, Hausas and even some Fulanis are good people. As Nigeria, we just won't get along for progress. Respect and appreciation for each other will start after the break up of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 04, 2022
Do you know how beautiful Nigeria can be if we really love ourselves and uphold true unity?

1 Like

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by LottiOk: 2:46pm On May 04, 2022
4 sum1 who is among d Chief propagators of hate & bigotry here on nairaland.Dis is d only sensible comments I've seen u make.
I won't turn a blind eye 2 most of d oda ethinic groups fellow tribal bigots like u, but as much as I wld call Dem out, I'll also call u out 4 promoting such disunity & u've d nerve 2 even call seun 2 purge nairaland of ur likes cheesy grin cheesy

I really hope u've got a changed heart/mind & start trying 2 tone down ur hate filled posts/comments as we all hope 2 rebuild 9ja. But I won't b surprised if u attack me as kanu has taught u guys 2 run his broadcasts.

Zikojukwu:
Do you know how beautiful Nigeria can be if we really love ourselves and uphold true unity?

2 Likes

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 04, 2022
I don't promote hate or tribalism. My posts are responses to what mods fail to address. I don't attack a tribe, I don't have such right but when you draw the attention of mods and they ignore you, then it becomes bad. I call out individuals not a tribe. Come to think of it, were you insulting other tribes before you joined Nairaland?
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Tinubuadvocate: 3:09pm On May 04, 2022
Zikojukwu:
Do you know that 90% of the threads on Nairaland promotes hateful tribalism and division? What is the essence of this platform if it can't control a discourse and national issues without sliding into tribal wars and ethnic slurs? Can you point out any post on Nairaland without tribal and hateful coloration? While it says no to Seccession, it directly and indirectly promotes bitter hate and tribalism which feed seccession. A new Nigeria doesn't need this type of social media to grow. If the owners can't control it, I recommend it's shutdown for a peaceful and better Nigeria to emerge. You can simply join Nairaland to help build a better society but you get corrupt by the bashing you receive from wayward members.

Blame your igbos brother.

2 Likes

Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 04, 2022
Now it's igbo brothers?
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 04, 2022
Zikojukwu:
Nigeria will be great and beautiful if, if, if. Impossible ifs. Nigeria will never be a good place. It is a clash of cultures and civilizations.
Re: Shutdown, Nairaland Says No To Seccession But Promotes Tribalism & Division by duro4chang(m): 3:17pm On May 04, 2022
Zikojukwu:
I don't promote hate or tribalism. My posts are responses to what mods fail to address. I don't attack a tribe, I don't have such right but when you draw the attention of mods and they ignore you, then it becomes bad. I call out individuals not a tribe. Come to think of it, were you insulting other tribes before you joined Nairaland?
Did you bother to check all the posts you have made in the past? You are one of the people promoting ethnicity on nairaland. You called people skullminers and all other derogatory names. You demonised presidentials aspirants who are not igbo and you still came here to cry foul.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG And It's War Of Propaganda Against South East. / Saw Youths Mobilizing For Peter Obi In Taraba / Who Even started referring to Tinubu supporters as Urchins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.