Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? (597 Views)

How To Calculate Bags Of Feed Needed To Raise 100 Christmas Broilers / How Many Bag Of Feed Do I Need In Rearing 50 Broilers From A Day Old To 6 Weeks / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by Adno: 4:16pm On May 04, 2022
I'm into fish farming. Please how do I cope with the rising cost of feed and other cost of running the farm like buying fuel to pump water in this area because there no light around here. There was really little or no profit from my last sale. Please advice.
Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by RichieMichie: 5:40pm On May 04, 2022
Adno:
I'm into fish farming. Please how do I cope with the rising cost of feed and other cost of running the farm like buying fuel to pump water in this area because there no light around here. There was really little or no profit from my last sale. Please advice.

You should look into Black soldier fly larvae production to complement your feeding. Some farmers are already using it 50% and they're having good results.
Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by Tarnag: 6:11pm On May 04, 2022
Adno:

I will sell the information on how to reduce this by 80% with you for 250k. If you're ready and serious hit me up. We will even meet and do it physically
Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by Internet22: 8:07pm On May 04, 2022
Adno:
My candid advise to you is 'Stop Fish Business' . it's not worth it at all. The only way you can make profit from the business is if you sell directly to consumers and avoid wholesales. Save yourself the stress and stop the business.

2 Likes

Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by SLOVFO(m): 7:52pm On May 05, 2022
Internet22:

My candid advise to you is 'Stop Fish Business' . it's not worth it at all. The only way you can make profit from the business is if you sell directly to consumers and avoid wholesales. Save yourself the stress and stop the business.
Seriously? And I was thinking of going into it.
Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by northbird: 8:10pm On May 08, 2022
Internet22:

VERY true. Sadly, op is raising fish for the middlemen. ( wholesale buyers).

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by northbird: 8:16pm On May 08, 2022
Adno:

Don't buy any info. I'm going to give you this expo.
A lot of fish farmers who make profit, have access to poultry farms. Most times, they buy or source for dead birds, wasted eggs. They get a big pot, dump everything n cook under extremely high temp with firewood . Sterilizng n kill all harmful microbes.

This is what they use in feeding the fishes. This also needs a strategy to ensure acceptability

1 Like

Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by Zico777(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2022
northbird:

A lot of fish farmers who make profit, have access to poultry farms. Most times, they buy or source for dead birds, wasted eggs. They get a big pot, dump everything n cook under extremely high temp with firewood . Sterilizng n kill all harmful microbes.

This is what they use in feeding the fishes. This also needs a strategy to ensure acceptability

Not practical sir!
Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by bizzibodi(m): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2022
northbird:

You praying for birds to die in large numbers abi?
Re: Fish Farming- Rising Cost Of Feed. How Do I Cope? by madgoat(m): 10:11am On Jun 09, 2022
Adno:
You better run from it before it runs you down.

(1) (Reply)

Brahma Fowls / Sales Of Beehives At Discounted Price / Anambra Poultry Farmers To Share Over 5,000 Eggs To Residents On World Egg Day!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.