Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,173 members, 7,818,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League (38193 Views)

2023 Ballon D’or: Who Can Stop Messi From Winning An Eighth Trophy / Messi Names Six Clubs That Can Stop PSG From Winning Champions League / Plateau United Received For N50,000,000 For Winning The NPFL (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by bigdammyj: 10:30am On May 05, 2022
Lol...
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Alwaysready(m): 10:30am On May 05, 2022
So sad too. Everything burst within 2 secs .

2 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Sunnykind(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2022
Rossonero:
Personally, I never wanted this man to win the Champions League with Mancity. He thinks his decisions are always right about everything on and off the pitch. Good he's out. Chased out almost all City's legends when he arrived. Nonsense.
Same thing Arteta is doing in Arsenal, he's not always comfortable with the old players in the team. Ozil, Auba, are good examples, almost cost us top 4 too by leaving Elmeny out fielding that Sambi because he's the one that bought him. Good for Pep.

4 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by zinaunreal(m): 10:31am On May 05, 2022
Eh strike am well
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Bobloco: 10:32am On May 05, 2022
Football is a game, sometimes you win, other time you lose

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by LesbianBoy(m): 10:33am On May 05, 2022
There is no African curse. Anybody who knows football and is observant we know that you can't win everything

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Omotosho1090905(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2022
Sooner or later
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Lamasta(m): 10:36am On May 05, 2022
Rossonero:
Personally, I never wanted this man to win the Champions League with Mancity. He thinks his decisions are always right about everything on and off the pitch. Good he's out. Chased out almost all City's legends when he arrived. Nonsense.
Stop the hate and spread love every manager have the kinds of players they work with tho I believe Pep had a beef with Yaya Toure from Barca to MAN CITY but shit happens anyway...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Jokerman(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2022
paulolee:

yes, simply because he is good and his confidence level is very high...dts how genius are, dey do have dt trait of boldness called pride in them.
...his numbers speaks for him

Same thing you and the clown Donstan, accuse Roanldo of... lol

3 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Lamasta(m): 10:37am On May 05, 2022
Kingjay007:
Man city won't even lift the Premier league this season.
Guardiola is good but he ain't all that. It's nice that this fact is being finally revealed!

#HallaMadrid
Be deceivingly deceiving yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Anfieldboss: 10:40am On May 05, 2022
DoveXlover:
Now that they are out of the champions league, that's impossible.
Liverpool are even in danger of losing both the champions league and the league.
The pressure on them is now very high.

Not pressure man, Liverpool have the momentum. Momentum helps a lot in football, no wonder you will see a team winning consecutive games, the moment they have a devastating defeat and their momentum is lost, they start losing games. Man City was devastated by the loss yesterday, and if they do not recover quickly from that devastating defeat, it will affect their run in the EPL.

Liverpool are not under any form of pressure, they are taking it one game at a time, relishing the moment and looking unto the next game.
All the same, the Premier League is still Man City's to lose.

8 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by minasu190: 10:41am On May 05, 2022
I dont believe in your perspective,there's no curse in football,what would be would be and beside pep dig his grave by himself.in a match like you went and subtitued dbruyne and walker and realmadrid saw a chance and they exploited it.kudos to Anceloti and his players

5 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by OlawaleBammie: 10:41am On May 05, 2022
Reminds me of SL Benfica and her former Hungarian coach

Liverpool and her former Zimbabwean keeper, grobelaar.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Slynation(m): 10:43am On May 05, 2022
paulolee:

simply bcox he didnt like his style...its not a must he must play him, at least he is winning trophies without him..
Let's call a spade a spade...I'm a full time Stuanch Barcelona Fan, Yaya Toure was one of the best DM in Barcelona, what I loved especially was his accurate outside 18 shots which Barcelona is still missing till today after Iniesta left...But the Youngman accepted in good faith and left Barcelona only to become the Talisman in Manchester City that brought about the resurgence and emergence of the City we know today, Guardiola still came to city without trying Yaya Toure and benched him for almost an entire season, what else can you can this other than personal hate on Africans/blacks...

I noticed it was only when intensed questions started pouring in from football journalists about him not making use of blacks that he ran and bought Benjamin Mendy just to subdue the matters...

Can any Coach in the world say Messi/CR-7/Mbappe etc doesn't suit my style of football??

If you say it's because he doesn't like his style of football, As a coach, then make him adpat to your own style then if he doesn't, he can be axed because even fans will turn against him instead of writing a player off completely without giving them a chance...!!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by OkoroBufo: 10:44am On May 05, 2022
vanida6:
its not easy for pep yestrday, i feel so sad for em yestrday night tear even fall down from my eyes sad
Coming from a Madrid fan

-Okoro bufo
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Slynation(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2022
minasu190:
I dont believe in your perspective,there's no curse in football,what would be would be and beside pep dig his grave by himself.in a match like you went and subtitued dbruyne and walker and realmadrid saw a chance and they exploited it.kudos to Anceloti and his players
Perhaps you should read why a curse was placed on Benfica never to win any European league competition...

Some things are coincidentally supernatural...

5 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Angelfrost(m): 10:45am On May 05, 2022
Which yeye curse?!!! Mtchewwww!

His poor tactics cost him yet again!

How can a club and team of City's pedigree not have a top 9?!!

In the absence of Messi, how far can you go with a false 9... SMH!!!

See how Benzema literally pushed a near pathetic Madrid into the Finals!

Just imagine City had a Benzema, Kane, Mbappe, or Haaland... Just imagine! That game would have been over in first half!

You missed out on Kane, there were other decent Strikers you could have gotten!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by FireUpNow(m): 10:46am On May 05, 2022
Gutdiola can't lift the UCL outside Barca and without Lionel Messi. He wasted Arab money in acquiring players but cannot deliver in Europe. Baba tricks are well open now.

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by tfelicityk(m): 10:46am On May 05, 2022
Smiling...
Is lie Johor!
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by chukwuibuipob: 10:47am On May 05, 2022
undecided useless CURSE
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by mmsen: 10:48am On May 05, 2022
I await the day when Africans use their brains instead of hiding behind superstition.

If you really have this kind of power why not use it for good - good health, electricity, bountiful harvests, socio-political stability?

3 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by uchennamani(m): 10:48am On May 05, 2022
DoveXlover:

Source:https://www.en.as.com/soccer/the-african-curse-preventing-guardiola-from-winning-the-champions-league-n/%3foutputType=amp

This is a daft post. Guadiola has won the Champions League. Twice

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Paradigms: 10:49am On May 05, 2022
Pep is a racist coach

3 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by WiszyFraud: 10:51am On May 05, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Bros nor dey make excuses...

Have u not noticed the way he gets eliminated from the competition in the past 10 years..
Most times to teams that are not stronger than his on a normal day

On a normal day, would he have lost to Lyon or Monaco with the kind of squad he has

Even yesterday match sef, na the curse make Madrid equalize because guardiola hardly loses 2 goal lead especially in the champions league..

For someone who has major successes in the domestic scene, his elimination is always surprising

He gats go ivory coast go beg if he wan touch that trophy very soon

Making it to those stages in the UCL means you have worked really hard.
Just because a team is managed by Guardiola doesn’t mean a team that worked hard to get that stage will just bow out cowardly for Guardiola. It’s full 90mins. Bring your best, lemme bring my best.
Football is a game, anything can happen!

Arsenal recently lost to Brighton and one other average team, but managed to beat Chelsea and Man utd in the space of three days.
They(Arsenal) couldn’t even believe it themselves.

There’s no black or white magic there... That is the luck at that time, because if you play that same game again, the result might go the other way round in an even embarrassing way.

Stop believing trashhh ✌️

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by samiabigail: 10:55am On May 05, 2022
Elostar:
Is there still African African player there?
or are there no African players at Liverpool? Think b4 u post
go school you say no, na back of school u like go undecided
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Soulsymbol99: 10:55am On May 05, 2022
And they never sure 4 the league

1 Like

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Bahamas95(m): 10:57am On May 05, 2022
I didn't want Man City to win lastnight but I pitied them after the final whistle.

I said it sometime ago, Madrid are "ancestors" when it comes to UCL. They always find a way to win even if they ain't playing very well.

2 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Angelfrost(m): 10:57am On May 05, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Bros nor dey make excuses...

Have u not noticed the way he gets eliminated from the competition in the past 10 years..
Most times to teams that are not stronger than his on a normal day

On a normal day, would he have lost to Lyon or Monaco with the kind of squad he has

Even yesterday match sef, na the curse make Madrid equalize because guardiola hardly loses 2 goal lead especially in the champions league..

For someone who has major successes in the domestic scene, his elimination is always surprising

He gats go ivory coast go beg if he wan touch that trophy very soon

Guy stop abeg! Don't make me laugh!

Where does Arsenal need to go and beg in order to ever get to final again, not even talk of winning UCL?!!!

Who Juventus offend wey curse them?!!!

Guardiola no dey hear word! Even last season final, his team should have won that game if he had a proper striker! You now started this season the same way, playing the same pattern without top striker....

Predictability is the mother of most failures! Pep is predictable! End of!

I said it to someone earlier yesterday that Pep will adopt the same method he used against Atletico with Real Madrid, and he did just that... It ended up backfiring!!! If not for that Red card, Atletico would have eliminated them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Horlaz(m): 10:58am On May 05, 2022
tweakdude1:

You say curses don't exist in football. Ask Benfica how far.
exactly what on my mind.Benfica is a good example
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Tobichuks08: 11:01am On May 05, 2022
paulolee:

simply bcox he didnt like his style...its not a must he must play him, at least he is winning trophies without him..

The only thing bad about your analysis is always being sentimental..
I have never for once seen you admit to a fact without trying to turn it around with sentiments..

Which trophy has Yaya not won before pep came?
What special trophy has pep given to city that they never had prior to his appointment?

Yaya was axed because of personal hatred..
Same thing he did at Bayern with Toni Kroos,
Mario Mandžukić, Bastian Schweinsteiger

4 Likes

Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by Golan007: 11:03am On May 05, 2022
No jazz just fortune.
Re: The African Curse Preventing Guardiola From Winning The Champions League by kaymart: 11:04am On May 05, 2022
mmsen:
I await the day when Africans use their brains instead of hiding behind superstition.

If you really have this kind of power why not use it for good - good health, electricity, bountiful harvests, socio-political stability?
Perhaps, the power are not meant for anything good/meaningful but for annihilation, chaos and pains

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Footballers Who Rejected Nigeria For Other Countries / Chelsea Players Celebrate UEFA Super Cup Win In Dressing Room (Photos) / Super Falcons Dance Zanku In Cyprus As They Win Match Against Slovakia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.