Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt (35224 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos) / Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by lomprico(m): 8:31pm On May 05, 2022
lexy2014:

I am still yet to see how everything u typed above negates the following:

"This is what happens when people give priority to flyovers, dashing people cars and money that they don't need instead of providing simple basic services which are needed in the everyday life of the people"
Loco

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by lomprico(m): 8:32pm On May 05, 2022
frankson1:

Could you please list the "infrastructure" in the state built by the governor?

Seriously?

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Starships4u(m): 8:53pm On May 05, 2022
Sageez:
St. John's at Iwofe us terribly and we have a governor

That St John's is an eyesore...
Rumuodomaya is another mess...ADP junction to be precise..

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by 2kurupt(m): 8:56pm On May 05, 2022
agitator:
Nice strategy, it is said dig up dirt to smear your opponent, but your have been spared the digging task, because the dirt is right before you.

So who is your candidate?

Is Port Harcourt currently filled with dirt or not?

You're canvassing for your principal doesn't mean you shut off your conscience & eyes too.

Go and advise Wike to get the place cleaned up, it's really disgusting seeing refuse take over major roads.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Concience55: 9:05pm On May 05, 2022
Instead of Wike to finish strong he went on a wild goose chase.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by ogmask: 9:06pm On May 05, 2022
Hector09:
All of u shouting wike...this project was awarded to some companies.... what's riwama doing

Who is the head of riwama?
Felix Obuah. Wike just bought him form to act like he wants to contest inorder to 0ave the way for wike's anointed. Can u now see that wike himself is enjoying the show.
Felix Obuah was pdp chairman/riwama oga when wike had his first stint. If you live in PHC you'd condemn this because the previous admin tried in this respect.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by ogmask: 9:09pm On May 05, 2022
lomprico:

Stop being petty! Wike has been the best when it comes to infrastructure in the state since 1999. He brought back the 'garden' into the state.
Yes he dint try at all in creating jobs.

How? Where? When?
Travel Una nor gree travel ... Na so one guy say wike don turn PHC to Dubai.
Only the obirujwere flyover wey ameachi build don swallow all the cross overs littered in PHC by wike. What is the difference between wike bridge and odili bridge for rumuola and CFC?
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by frankson1(m): 9:09pm On May 05, 2022
lexy2014:

Let me help him: Flyover

cheesy cheesy don't mind that moniker. Some people throw words around without understanding the meaning.

I only needed to understand what he meant by "infrastructure" by listing them.

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by frankson1(m): 9:10pm On May 05, 2022
lomprico:

Seriously?

Yeah, I'm very serious.

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by ogmask: 9:10pm On May 05, 2022
lomprico:

Stop being petty! Wike has been the best when it comes to infrastructure in the state since 1999. He brought back the 'garden' into the state.
Yes he dint try at all in creating jobs.

How? Where? When?
Only the obirikwere flyover wey ameachi build don swallow all the cross overs littered in PHC by wike. What is the difference between wike bridge and odili bridge for rumuola and CFC?
The kind traffic I enter for rumuokoro yesterday na die... Plus cross over bridge oooo. ABI make we talk of the port holes (man holes) on the bridge. Sometimes I dey think weda na 2 different Julius begged dey sef

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by ogmask: 9:12pm On May 05, 2022
frankson1:

Could you please list the "infrastructure" in the state built by the governor?

You dey mind that guy... Pple just throw words around anyhow. Na so one tell me for airport say PHC don turn Dubai. I weak for the guy
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by ogmask: 9:22pm On May 05, 2022
cyril10:

If not that Wike has started misbehaving, there is no basis for comparison between Wike and Amaechi, Wike out parformed when it comes to projects.

Name wike's legacy projects make I name some of ameachi own.
ABI na the school's or na the well situated flyovers or make we talk of how he opened up roads from nta to rumuola to trans Amado to odili road to Ada George? Even okporo and and the JDP stretch... How many roads wike tear open? Nor be to lay asphalt in the guise of govt is a continuum oooo... Apart from elelewon/akpajo road tell me one road wike open I will name 5 ameachi did from craddle to grave.
Here's is the challenge;
For every 1 project you can tag wike's project I will give you 2 of ameachi.
ABI na health centres or farms. What about the greater port Harcourt dream with a sports village already completed. Name just one bro.
It's like we forget so often. Thank God you restricted your talk to infrastructure becos you know say for human capacity development your guy score -1

2 Likes

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by frankson1(m): 9:27pm On May 05, 2022
ogmask:

You dey mind that guy... Pple just throw words around anyhow. Na so one tell me for airport say[b] PHC don turn Dubai.[/b] I weak for the guy

The same Port Harcourt that is very dirty almost every where

cheesy cheesy cheesy are you sure he wasn't on something that made him see extraterrestrial beings grin

2 Likes

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by HighWITCH: 9:49pm On May 05, 2022
cyril10:

If not that Wike has started misbehaving, there is no basis for comparison between Wike and Amaechi, Wike out parformed when it comes to projects.
And who is this dunce comparing Wike with Amaechi!
How many direct or indirect employment has your Wike provided? Task force abi?
Tell me one Agric project Wike has done in 7years.
Has he paid pensioners?
How about RSSD? RTC? Pls just shut it!
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Mrpojj(m): 9:51pm On May 05, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
I live in Port Harcourt, and I can confirm this is true ,even after government provided place to throw dirt ,yet people still choose to lazy and dump diet by the road expecting their boy boy to come and clean it up, if I am a government agency anybody caught will be severally punished and pack everything, no civil servant should touch it, stupid people
Provide were?
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by dbonks(m): 9:53pm On May 05, 2022
Starships4u:

That St John's is an eyesore...
Rumuodomaya is another mess...ADP junction to be precise..

Mr complainer mentioning ADP dump site, is the Dump site too full? Is that how the site use to be? I was discussing with someone this morning when I was driving through Rumuokoro Round about that, these dirts don't usually stay on the road like this, especially since 2015 Wike became Governor, is it that the contractors are not involved again or what? But I have read a post here that confirmed the fact that, the Governor terminated the contracts of the contractors and ordered LGAs to take over. Well let's see how it goes, but I know for sure that, it hasn't happened like this since 2015, and I know something will be done about it, very very soon, this is just barely a week it began. Because I littered Garbage on the ADP dump site just on Sunday and the refuse hip wasn't that much just between Sunday and Thursday that it increased like that.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Ballzproblemm: 9:54pm On May 05, 2022
Mrpojj:
Provide were?
wetin you wan use my location do?
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by dbonks(m): 10:10pm On May 05, 2022
For Those of you referring to the previous Governor's Tenure and the Incumbent in terms of Sanitation, let non of you think that, we have short memory, we know how long dirts stayed on the streets of PortHarcourt especially after the 2015 General elections untill May 29th when the new Government was inaugurated because, contracts were not paid. Any one in doubt, should cross check the facts, in my Rivers State why I don't usually discuss on issues like this is that, everything is highly politicized. And the person that posted this simply did it just to snear the image of the Governor even when he knew it hasn't been like this before, and that the Agency in charge was undergoing a transition. On this issue of receptacles been constructed or not, my brothers and sisters let's always maintain truth, some good number of receptacles were constructed between 2019 and 2020 in Rivers State, anyone who doubts should come I would take you round at least 10 within Rumuokoro, Rumuodomaya, Rukpokwu and Eliozu, but the problem is that some Nigerians for reasons best known to them refuse to throw garbage into them, rather drop them on the roads, or the demarcations.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Starships4u(m): 10:12pm On May 05, 2022
dbonks:

Mr complainer mentioning ADP dump site, is the Dump site too full? Is that how the site use to be? I was discussing with someone this morning when I was driving through Rumuokoro Round about that, these dirts don't usually stay on the road like this, especially since 2015 Wike became Governor, is it that the contractors are not involved again or what? But I have read a post here that confirmed the fact that, the Governor terminated the contracts of the contractors and ordered LGAs to take over. Well let's see how it goes, but I know for sure that, it hasn't happened like this since 2015, and I know something will be done about it, very very soon, this is just barely a week it began. Because I littered Garbage on the ADP dump site just on Sunday and the refuse hip wasn't that much just between Sunday and Thursday that it increased like that.

Pls what exactly are yhu saying
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by dbonks(m): 10:16pm On May 05, 2022
Starships4u:

Pls what exactly are yhu saying

What am saying is that it hasn't been this bad before under Wike's tenure, and I know that, shortly, these would be cleared, no need for this snear campaign, almost all cities in Nigeria experiences something like this at one point or the other.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by InvertedHammer: 10:47pm On May 05, 2022
/
It is very disheartening. I thought that I was the only one that noticed.

Meanwhile we must commend Lagos for cleaning up well. It was very impressive to behold.

/
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by haggai247: 11:05pm On May 05, 2022
op If you want to campaign please campaign but this is not the way.

is wike the one throwing these all these dirty around pH.

Blame yourself and your local government chairmen.

Trying to give a dog a bad name.

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by frenzzy2(m): 4:29am On May 06, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
I live in Port Harcourt, and I can confirm this is true ,even after government provided place to throw dirt ,yet people still choose to lazy and dump diet by the road expecting their boy boy to come and clean it up, if I am a government agency anybody caught will be severally punished and pack everything, no civil servant should touch it, stupid people
yet foolish people here keep blaming the governor cos of d hatred they have towards him but am sure wike will pepper dem
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Demdem(m): 6:29am On May 06, 2022
christejames:
And Wike is running around like headless chicken looking for support where there is none?

His commissioner of environment is obviously on leave also since Wike embarked on his consultancy leave grin

Joke is on u.
U dont even know that Wike has not reappointed another commissioner of environment close to a year now after sacking the former for frivolous reason.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by lomprico(m): 6:56am On May 06, 2022
ogmask:

How? Where? When?
Only the obirikwere flyover wey ameachi build don swallow all the cross overs littered in PHC by wike. What is the difference between wike bridge and odili bridge for rumuola and CFC?
The kind traffic I enter for rumuokoro yesterday na die... Plus cross over bridge oooo. ABI make we talk of the port holes (man holes) on the bridge. Sometimes I dey think weda na 2 different Julius begged dey sef

It's not only about the flyovers oga. Weather u admit it or not traffic has been eased compared to before at rumokoro, rumola, artillery. The only place that did not need flyover was garrison. I'm sure you have taken your girlfriend severally to pleasure park. Apart from shell gate to oil mill, where else do you see pot holes on the roads in pH. I'm not a fan of the man, neither am I from Rivers state but since 2003 I came to the town this is the first time I'm seeing some major facelift in the state.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by subcbouy: 9:38am On May 06, 2022
Sageez:
I am apolitical. I am from Rivers but if Apc files a credible candidate, I will give them my vote. I don't do party voting, I vote for the best candidate.
Aren't you APC before now?
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Sageez(m): 9:49am On May 06, 2022
subcbouy:
Aren't you APC before now?
No sir. I supported Amaechi as a governor but I can't say same for Wike.
To me, it is not about the party but the individual. You do well, I give my support.

1 Like

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by nairamaniac: 9:54am On May 06, 2022
Op sageez nice pics.

But how can we tell if you are not one of Wike's political enemies or not?

That this may be a smear campaign from you to tarnish his image.

That you are not the one dropping all these piles of dirts and snapping pictures of them on every corner of the streets of Port Harcourt?

Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Gavel(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2022
Sageez:
St. John's at Iwofe us terribly and we have a governor
I passed through Saint John's by Iwofe this morning and I was alarmed at the heap of filth. This is shameful
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by ogmask: 10:21am On May 06, 2022
lomprico:

It's not only about the flyovers oga. Weather u admit it or not traffic has been eased compared to before at rumokoro, rumola, artillery. The only place that did not need flyover was garrison. I'm sure you have taken your girlfriend severally to pleasure park. Apart from shell gate to oil mill, where else do you see pot holes on the roads in pH. I'm not a fan of the man, neither am I from Rivers state but since 2003 I came to the town this is the first time I'm seeing some major facelift in the state.

Le us start with the potholes.
Iwofe by st johns/welcome U supermarket
The whole of Ogbpgoro is littered with port holes
Oginigba by michelin
abuloma by fimie junctio and also by okuru junction
okuru stretch... almost the entire stretch
Azikiwe road by NPA
Make i stop here for this item because they are too numerous to mention.
Back to the matter for hand. You do not need to ne his fan to know what is right and wrong. If you have travelled far and wide you should be able to tell if something is sustainable or not. What i hear you say is even if he does the minimum it is ok and , according to you, that should be the standard.
You are right with the Garison flyover however, he should have built an inter change instead. what i wont agree with you is thatt we do not need an overhead bridge there.
As for the pleasure park he did well, at least bigger than the spar built by ameachi but for u to say you didnt see a major facelift with the 6lane Ada George road get as e be my guy. more like the obirikwere flyover doesnt look like a facelift right? wha about the expansion of trans amadi to 4lanes for a single lane? what about the creation of odili road and JDP road?abi na the NTA Choba road nor be facelift?
maybe i nor knw wetin facelift mean again. you may have to tell me. abi na to build bridges 50mtrs apart you dey call facelift? even the obirikwere to airport it was ameachi that initially did it. Instead of opening the town wike dey busy dey congest portharcourt and obioakpo.
Re: Dirt Takes Over Port Harcourt by Asine: 10:22am On May 06, 2022
For some days now I observed the people that clear up the dirt every evening from the middle of the road where the public place them, have not been working, obviously they haven’t been paid by the company in charge of clearing up the dirt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Passengers From Owerri To Onitsha Involved In Accident, 5 Dead (Graphic Photos) / A Nairalander's Tale On His West African Tour / Photos From Motor Accident At Ikeja Along, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.