Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts (4871 Views)

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down / I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by akhis: 8:10pm On Jul 11, 2011
One of the world‘s leading banks, HSBC, has shut several accounts operated by the Redeemed Christian Church of God in its branch on Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn , New York, United States.

Empowered Newswire reports that the bank branch, which is located in the same area as the RCCG parish, International Chapel, Brooklyn, said its action was based on its decision to stop transacting business with Nigerians.

”HSBC’s recent refusal to continue their banking relationship with our church (International Chapel Brooklyn of The Redeemed Christian Church of God) was on the grounds that we are Nigerians and that they will not ‘deal’ with Nigerians,” said a member and official of the church in New York under condition of anonymity.

The development was confirmed by officials of the bank, who said the financial institution was at liberty to do so.

They did not, however, offer any explanation for the action.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011071119213346

na only God know which kain thing dey go on for there.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by reubby360: 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2011
nah wah sef 4 oyibo peopl o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by tpia5: 6:30am On Jul 12, 2011
shouldnt rccg have it's own bank by now?
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Kc0022000(m): 6:54am On Jul 13, 2011
Thought Rccg bank plc is operational why are they banking with other bank cheesy
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Blazing99: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2011
xenophobia.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by blank(f): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
This reason that was given get k leg.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Epiphany(m): 12:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
tpia@:

Lol, you wan turn Daddy GO to banker now? Lol. Or you wan open another controversial topic again . . . about church turning to a bank? grin
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
good, greedy thieves,their con is catching up with them,exploiting the vulnerable.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by JUO(m): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2011
:-x
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by quadrant4: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
ehie you are right.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by stagger: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2011
ehie:

good, greedy thieves,their con is catching up with them,exploiting the vulnerable.

Better be careful of making false accusations before Jehovah God deletes you from this planet.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by stineb1: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
@ehie and all others that may want to post rubish replies, be very careful in your alterations as this concerns a church after Gods Heart. BEWARE!
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by apoti(m): 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
tpia@:

Kc0022000:

Thought Rccg bank plc is operational why are they banking with other bank  cheesy

You guys just made me spill my coffee on the system  grin grin
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by eherbal(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2011
tpia@:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Dauchman(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
akhis:

One of the world‘s leading banks, HSBC, has shut several accounts operated by the Redeemed Christian Church of God in its branch on Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn , New York, United States.

Empowered Newswire reports that the bank branch, which is located in the same area as the RCCG parish, International Chapel, Brooklyn, said its action was based on its decision to stop transacting business with Nigerians.

”HSBC’s recent refusal to continue their banking relationship with our church (International Chapel Brooklyn of The Redeemed Christian Church of God) was on the grounds that we are Nigerians and that they will not ‘deal’ with Nigerians,” said a member and official of the church in New York under condition of anonymity.

The development was confirmed by officials of the bank, who said the financial institution was at liberty to do so.

They did not, however, offer any explanation for the action.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011071119213346

na only God know which kain thing dey go on for there.

Bullshit, do you know how many Nigerians have accounts in HSBC. I have an account with them and my account is still operational. Do you know how many politicians who have stolen money from Nigeria hide those monies in HSBC.

RCCG should tell us the truth. We have gone beyond telling us baby stories.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by chuckdee4(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2011
Blazing99:

xenophobia.

Exactly
Why don't they hand over all the profits they have made from Nigerians
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by ak47mann(m): 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2011
Nigeria need re branding embarassed embarassed
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
[size=30pt]MAY GOD DELETE DAT BANK IN JESUS NAME!!!!![/size]
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
ehie:

I always have pity on mere mortals who say things that are bigger than them and know nothing about (things that have serious eternal consequences on them which they cannot imagine). @ehie and the like please, BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL. IT IS BETTER YOU KEEP QUIET THAN UTTER ROTS THAT WILL NOT ONLY BRING CURSES ON YOU BUT DESTROY YOU
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by kunlaxo: 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2011
Na wao, this shows the level of hatred the US has towards Nigerians, President Obama should hear this, i wonder what our Government will do concerning this, *what a government we have indeed*,no wonder my friend in the US always complain bitterly on the ways nigerians are treated and the current state of unemployment in the US.this white hardly consider Nigerians in their JOB POSITIONING, we need our Govt and President obama to re-orientate their mind set, not all Nigerians are bad,if a whole RCCG church be denied access to banking then i wonder how they will view the fidelity of an average Nigerian trying to survive their economy.Abeg it is well jare, they should go to Hell with their bank, after all they are the looser.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:28pm On Jul 13, 2011
Well, I don't know what to make of this. The bank must have a better reason for closing the accounts than "just not wanting to deal with Nigerians" which is just plain wrong.As for RCCG, they might as well move to a different bank. Am sure there are banks that would only be too happy to take their money. Like the one i operate in my bedroom.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by begwong: 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2011
Wat a racial hatred! they should be prepared to also remit stolen funds from our past leaders/politicians with immediate alacrity!
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
A Bank can close your bank account due to lack of full disclosure on the part of the customer as regard the purpose of the account or fraud. But never will a bank close your account on the ground of your nationality. That is a very unintelligent lie

The RCCG spokeman should try to be Christlike this once. Tell the truth and ye shall be free.

I am a Nigerian and I have both personal and business account with HSBC  for over 5 years.

However, we should not generalise this matter. It only concerns the International Chapel Brooklyn of The Redeemed Christian Church of God. NY, USA
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by dinggle: 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
HSBC should have seized the balance in the account, I don't know why a church should have a foreigner account when 70% of the members are in grave poverty.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2011
Dauchman:

Bullshit, do you know how many Nigerians have accounts in HSBC. I have an account with them and my account is still operational. Do you know how many politicians who have stolen money from Nigeria hide those monies in HSBC.

RCCG should tell us the truth. We have gone beyond telling us baby stories.

wot are u saying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by DonShark(m): 1:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
THEIR REASON WEIGHS NOTHING.wHO DO THEY WANT TO FOOL.
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY PERHAPS THEY HAVE JUST FALLEN INTO THE DUBIOUS HAND OF A NIGERIAN. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
percipi1:

A Bank can close your bank account due to lack of full disclosure on the part of the customer as regard the purpose of the account or fraud. But never will a bank close your account on the ground of your nationality. That is a very unintelligent lie

The RCCG spokeman should try to be Christlike this once. Tell the truth and ye shall be free.

I am a Nigerian and I have both personal and business account with HSBC  for over 5 years.

However, we should not generalise this matter. It only concerns the International Chapel Brooklyn of The Redeemed Christian Church of God. NY, USA

That answers the question. My Employer does that, they tell you they don't wanna do business with you due to the above reason. Fraud and Risk.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Ournaija: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
Maybe their account was too huge for the bank to keep, hence the need to advise them to go to the next bank. It`s just an advise shouldn`t have attracted all these comments now. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2011
dinggle:

HSBC should have seized the balance in the account, I don't know why a church should have a foreigner account when 70% of the members are in grave poverty.

@dinggle please try to understand the content of a post before you start talking. The said account is for an RCCG parish that is in NY - International Chapel Brooklyn of The Redeemed Christian Church of God. It is not an account the RCCG as a whole. Unless you are the one that is in grave poverty at NY. If you are then, you need to come back home or start working and not waiting for the church to spoon feed you

Moreover a parish is supposed to have an account in the state where it is meets for its regular felloship. So this parish is not in the wrong to have one.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by DeepSoul(f): 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
ehie:

Really, what sense does ur comment make? In what way does it relate to the topic being discussed?

Next time:

Read*  *Pause*   *Digest*  *If not understood, sharrap*

@OP:
The bank has rights to choose who it wants to do business with. RCCG shd simply move to another bank, shikena!
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by OmoTier1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
Does anyone have the e-mail address of this branch of RCCG? I seriously want to e-mail them to ask if truly the account was closed 'cos they were Nigerians. If true, I need to fire a letter to HSBC HQ in the London, seeking clarification and also copy the appropriate obudsman as I am a Nigerian and I have banked with HSBC UK for years and if true, I wouldn't want to bank with them anymore.I had reasons to still put up with them after the revelation that they were massively involved in looting of funds from Nigeria using proxy!

If the reasons given by RCCG's branch is true,then HSBC will probably kiss goodbye to Nigeria, West Africa and like vodefone, they will end up bitting thier fingers as a result of the financial losses innthe very near future.

Maybe thier slogan should read "the world's local bank for whites only"
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Ikeobinna(m): 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
Is this a joke, m nt a banker but i have never heard a bank closing a customers account  on the bases of nationality, was the law not existent when the account was opened, Something iz fishy undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Viable Business Can I Start With About N20 Million In Nigeria / Live On Hand Domain Flipping Training-get To Know How I Did Over 1.5m In October / I Need A Business I Can Do With Little Or No Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.