Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts (4875 Views)

Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down / I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by jason2010(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2011
Pure baloney. The bank is not telling us their reasons why they stopped doing business with RCCG. It can't possibly be because of Nigerian origin. If it is infact because the church is owned by Nigerians, then I smell a lawsuit from RCCG. If I remember correctly, one of those civil rights acts specifically state that It is illegal to discriminate against an individual because of birthplace, ancestry, culture, etc etc.

I hope money laundering ain't the true reasons. Shooo   sad , I can't put nothing past these new gen churches these days
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by OmoTier1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2011
Deep Soul:

Really, what sense does your comment make? In what way does it relate to the topic being discussed?

Next time:

Read*  *Pause*   *Digest*  *If not understood, sharrap*

@OP:
The bank has rights to choose who it wants to do business with. RCCG shd simply move to another bank, shikena!

I do not know where you guys get your information from! Can you please show us the US Financial Services regulation where it is stated that Banks can choose whom they so wish as thier customers.However, here in the UK, under the race and equality, if the reasons given by RCCG's branch is true, then HSBC would be preparing themselves for a huge fine.

I still want to be very very sure that the reasons as stated in this article is true. I have my doubts!
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by OmoTier1(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
HSBC is the company that should be blacklisted for money laundering really as reports upon reports have fingered them in several high profile cases of money laundering with several despotic leaders including that of Libya!
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Dauchman(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2011
Imanuelle:

wot are u saying lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

What i am saying is no company be it white owned or black owned would tell u dey wouldn't do bizness with you cos of ur nationality not in this age and time with all the laws against such. You could be sued for that you know.
And i am totally surprised at the level of reasoning of some Nigerians, you buy any story without taking a good look at it. Everything we do is based on sentiments. It has to end if we would get to the promised land.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by UpDated1: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2011
this man again? hand go touch am very soon
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by drekid(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2011
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by soyouzz: 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2011
It's a good idea to cancel all the bank account of this secte, every body know rccg is stealing innocent people money - This secte kill so many families - Other banks should do the same
embarassed
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by Enkidu: 3:51am On Jul 19, 2011
All these poster are acting like they are all brain dead. Wake up. A bank doesn't just wake up and decide to close an account on the basis of Nationality. Nonesense. That seems to be redeemed's explanation to hoodwink u braindead simpletons, and is certainly cannot be the bank's reason. Obviously, there probably has been money laundering or serious fraudulent transactions involved. They bank just got fed up with various rackets. But should that surprise anyone? Daa!
These people feed fat on sweat and blood of the poor. They are seriously involved in all sorts of money laundering in (lawless)Nigeria. Redeem branches are business franchises and operate just like macdonald or any other franchise.They take money from the poor under false religious pretence and then loan the same money to businessmen or their relatives and business fronts to finance LPO's and other businesses and projects at high interest. This is their racket. If U dont know it, then now u know wat they do with ur tithe money. No , they do not remit it to god. This high crime is called SIMONY and bible and the entire christendom condemn it. I hv personally encountered them so I know wat am talking abt.
Re: US Bank Shuts RCCG's Accounts by harakiri(m): 10:44am On Jul 19, 2011
The closure of RCCG accounts in HSBC has nothing to do with the "Nigerian factor". There are irregularities in their transactions with the bank plus no accountability of how the income comes in and goes out (no verifiable paper trail whatsoever). Don't the likes of Adenuga and Dangote have accounts in these banks? Please, this has nothing to do with being black or Nigerian. I know it's impossibly hard to explain this to the brain dead religious zombies who waste no time in jumping into the bandwagon to condemn the US bank/US govt but i appeal to you to make an effort to use your brains for once in your deluded and reetarded lives! ! !

Thank you so very much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Sugar Incurs ₦172 Billion In FOREX Losses, Ends 2023 With ₦108.9 Billion / I Need A Business I Can Do With Little Or No Capital / I Lost Over N1 Billion In One Game —adebutu, Baba Ijebu Promoter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.