Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,135 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) (33526 Views)

How To Make Banga Rice. Step-by-step Guide / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by ACRI: 9:29pm On Jun 28, 2022
I love this menu

Modified

The one I bought in one restaurant in Asaba is a mixture of rice and beans. Like porridge rice and beans. It was so delicious
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Do only thing wey dey their na banga grin you can use ugwu leaf and tell us how to cook ugwu jollof rice grin or bitter leaf jollof rice grin
Abeg post waterleaf jollof rice grin I want to see something
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by dimensional(m): 9:39pm On Jun 28, 2022
ACRI:
I love this menu

Modified

The one I bought in one restaurant in Asaba is a mixture of rice and beans. Like porridge rice and beans. It was so delicious

You ate the real banga rice...

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by dimensional(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oghene1st:
https://guardian.ng/life/food/how-to-make-banga-rice/

HOW TO MAKE BANGA RICE

Just picture it as palm oil rice that looks like jolof rice but very different in taste, traceable to the Edoid tribes in Delta (Urhobo and Isoko). It is an easy, refreshing change to your palette that your taste buds will surely thank you for.

INGREDIENTS:

700g (1 De Rica or 4 cups) long grain parboiled rice.
400g palm fruit extract, canned or made from scratch
Beef Stock
2 medium smoked fish – deboned and broken into small pieces
Orunbebe stick (optional)
1 red onion – chopped
1 tsp banga spices
1 tbsp crayfish (optional)
1 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
2 seasoning cubes
Salt (to taste)
Dry or fresh habanero pepper (atarodo) (to taste) – diced
Scent leaves (to taste) – rinsed

HOW TO PREPARE:

Wash out the starch in your rice with hot water. Drain, pour cold water over it. Drain again and set aside.

Mix the banga concentrate in a pot of hot water so that all the sand and particles can sink to the bottom.

Decant slowly into another pot for cooking your rice. Make sure no sand transfers to the new pot.

Add beef stock if you have, onion, banga spices, orunbebe stick, smoked fish, crayfish, crushed seasoning cubes, salt and pepper to your taste.

Make sure the liquid is enough to cook the rice you need. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to boil.

Add the washed rice and cook on low heat until it softens. Then turn up the heat and let it boil.

When the rice has absorbed almost all the liquid, stir with a wooden spoon and lower the heat. Add your shredded scent leaves.

If the rice is still too hard, seal the rice in with foil paper or a plastic bag and cover the pot for a few minutes until the rice is properly cooked and has absorbed all the water.

Stir properly and take off the heat.

Serve hot or sprinkle a little banga soup on top if you have any.

You get the sweetest local banga rice from madam banga rice
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by RPG2020(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
Let's clap for her she passed the vibe
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oghene1st:

HOW TO MAKE BANGA RICE

Just picture it as palm oil rice that looks like jolof rice but very different in taste, traceable to the Edoid tribes in Delta (Urhobo and Isoko). It is an easy, refreshing change to your palette that your taste buds will surely thank you for.

INGREDIENTS:

Beef Stock
1 red onion – chopped
1 tsp banga spices
2 seasoning cubes
Salt (to taste)

HOW TO PREPARE:

Wash out the starch in your rice with hot water. Drain, pour cold water over it. Drain again and set aside.

Mix the banga concentrate in a pot of hot water so that all the sand and particles can sink to the bottom.

Decant slowly into another pot for cooking your rice. Make sure no sand transfers to the new pot.

Add beef stock if you have, onion, banga spices, orunbebe stick, smoked fish, crayfish, crushed seasoning cubes, salt and pepper to your taste.

Make sure the liquid is enough to cook the rice you need. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to boil.

Add the washed rice and cook on low heat until it softens. Then turn up the heat and let it boil.

When the rice has absorbed almost all the liquid, stir with a wooden spoon and lower the heat. Add your shredded scent leaves.

If the rice is still too hard, seal the rice in with foil paper or a plastic bag and cover the pot for a few minutes until the rice is properly cooked and has absorbed all the water.

Omoto
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by LOVEGINO(m): 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
ekukeku:
May God provide for some people who can't afford to get something to eat tonight but came online with free operamini & met dis kind meal
Amen

lol. U wicked

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Memberclub(m): 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Banga soup wey I eat for warri almost burst my brain that year. The ones in Lagos taste different, I don’t understand why
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by gozie186(m): 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nice meal
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Sureblack47: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
SweetDipBenny:
oga you nor better food

Ewwww! I want to vomit lipsrsealed
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Sureblack47: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Highest of all rice , then use beans to plaster am .. Oghene na

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Uchman00: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2022
Why has kenad not commented on dis forum 4 over 16 years
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by fombi: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
Banga rice is originally from the Urhobo/Isoko.
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 10:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Urhobo wadoooo!!!
Isoko wadoooo!!!

Oniovo eguono.
One love!

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Preciousppearl(f): 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
I like my Banga rice very soft, a little over cooked.
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Camfoodsinhouse(f): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Chiaaaaaa imagine cooking this Banga rice with our Zero MSG, No preservatives ❌ No addictive healthy spices and seasonings,oh my goodness your health will thank you for using healthy Natural spices.
Oya rush and check my signature

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Omoslim26: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
The snail combo is dope.
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
A traditiona dish cooked with a foreign LONG rice specie..

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by SoapQueen(f): 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oghene1st:

HOW TO MAKE BANGA RICE

INGREDIENTS:

Beef Stock
1 red onion – chopped
1 tsp banga spices
2 seasoning cubes
Salt (to taste)

HOW TO PREPARE:

The third picture is the real deal.

I miss banga rice sha
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by fynex(m): 11:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Oghene1st:

HOW TO MAKE BANGA RICE

INGREDIENTS:

Beef Stock
1 red onion – chopped
1 tsp banga spices
2 seasoning cubes
Salt (to taste)

HOW TO PREPARE:

Well the one I know is that....

You cook the rice first until it's soft (normal way you boil rice to eat with stew), and then you pour your Banga concentrate into it with all of everything you're using to cook it.

Cooking the rice straight up with the Banga concentrate after washing the rice with hot water wouldn't give you Banga rice.... instead it will look like oil rice

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by sageb: 2:30am On Jun 29, 2022
Oghene1st:

HOW TO MAKE BANGA RICE

INGREDIENTS:

Beef Stock
1 red onion – chopped
1 tsp banga spices
2 seasoning cubes
Salt (to taste)

HOW TO PREPARE:

Using warri accent:
"where @ahnie and Chairwoman? Correct food don't land with ojolojolo meat".
Banga rice is the preferred morning delicacy back then in Delta.
Nostalgia
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Oturatetuala(m): 2:49am On Jun 29, 2022
My mom side of people with diff kind of food. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Efewestern: 6:08am On Jun 29, 2022
dragnet001:
OP this your version of banga is ajebuter type. The realest banga rice with lots of palm oil garnish with fresh pepper is the one sold by the road side in most rural areas in Delta. Those one's are yummy yummy.

You don't use palm oil in cooking Banger rice. You only use the juice/water you extract from the nuts and some ingredients.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Igholize(m): 6:11am On Jun 29, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
Urhobo wadoooo!!!
Isoko wadoooo!!!

Oniovo eguono.
One love!
.... Hey, oniovo... Eguono ovi ufuoma . one love and peace. Mamurhioke from warri side. Smiles

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by merits(m): 6:17am On Jun 29, 2022
Oghene1st:

HOW TO MAKE BANGA RICE

INGREDIENTS:

Beef Stock
1 red onion – chopped
1 tsp banga spices
2 seasoning cubes
Salt (to taste)

HOW TO PREPARE:

They said it is a taboo to date people's wife but their wife's keep tempting us with food and recipes.

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 29, 2022
Which one is habenero pepper? You re not in Nigeria abi?
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by gloryhomemaker(f): 8:14am On Jun 29, 2022
The shrimp in the first picture and the snail in the last picture is calling my name. Looks sumptuous!
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Bimbilla(m): 8:14am On Jun 29, 2022
What is nice about it?
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Dave0116(m): 8:38am On Jun 29, 2022
Nice
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Owologbo(m): 10:21am On Jun 29, 2022
dragnet001:
OP this your version of banga is ajebuter type. The realest banga rice with lots of palm oil garnish with fresh pepper is the one sold by the road side in most rural areas in Delta. Those one's are yummy yummy.

He tried.
You don't use oil in cooking Banga rice.
But those canned banga, I don't think I'll ever go for them as long as I access the real unprocessed Banga.
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by HeyHey(f): 11:29am On Jun 29, 2022
dragnet001:

Abi o. And that banga stick no dey, how the real smell go take enter. The rice Dey soft petepete

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! / Man Catches Big Python In Delta, Butchers It For Pepper Soup (Photos) / My Neighbours Ate Sallah Ram Meat Without Inviting Me - Young Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.