Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,257 members, 7,826,011 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Thief By Chance - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Thief By Chance (3972 Views)

Book Review: I Do Not Come To You By Chance By Adaobi 'tricia Nwaubani / By Chance-short Story / Second Chance (interesting Love Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 8:46am On May 13, 2022
ikotunblog:
Within days of hanging in the cell with all manner of People, the good, the bad, and the ugly, i learnt alot...
... Then Federal stood up and plunged at me, i got up and absorbed his first 3 blows, his fists carried a heavy weight and each hit i absorbed landed well and i felt them.
... Henceforth, na where you go dey siddown be that i told him!!!
Dagger boi is really an OG, certified number 1.
U too, I must say is bold & I'm proud u lived up to the responsibilities of a worthy Number 2 cool.
Still reading through...
Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 8:51am On May 13, 2022
Mods...
@Obinnau
@Divepen1
People out there need to have a feel of this. It's interesting, intriguing and fun-filled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 9:05am On May 13, 2022
Op give us update ooooo @ikotunblog
Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2022
@ikotunblog
Mention me on any update, wudn't want to miss a thing cool
Great writing!
Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 9:34am On May 13, 2022
Omo, shouts of Number two rented the air, daggerboi was grinning sheepishly, and when i returned to my seat, it felt as if something or someone left my body, a feeling I couldn’t explain. I now returned to my normal introverted self. Daggerboi “Look who i thought was weak!!” Then from that point, the bond between me and Daggerboi tightened and the respect for me among the inmates soared. A month in the cell toughned me up somehow as i was now the executor in the cell, every new intake collected woto woto from me. It was in the cell that i learnt how to pick pockets perfectly, it was here that i learnt about cult slangs and meanings. It was here that I understood the theory of pain and how to use your mind to absorb pain. It was here that i learnt how to shoot a gun in theory. In theory means, someone practically explained all the components of a gun and how you could handle it so for me it was theory i guess i now understood how to handle a gun in my head but i would need a practical experience too.

One guy in the cell asides Daggerboi that i got really acquainted to ‘Sparta’ he always spoke about guns and his crime was, he was caught on the back ends for gun running so he had all sort of experiences with guns and gun accessories..

“If you see English now (English was the word for Gun in the cell) you got treat am with respect, when the catridge wey dey hold grammar (grammar was the word for bullet in the cell) you go need respect both the gun and the grammar)

For example now if person give you this 9mm English and 9mm catrige with grammar and you wan show am say you no be novice

If you holl am, e get one button by the side you go feel, that button, if you hold the English e dey for that side where catridge dey enter na that burton dem dey take eject catridge for the English. (He said demonstrating with his hands) if you don press am, the catridge go commot small for under, just use your other hand carefully to commot the catridge casing.

Place the English for one side carefully oooo you go come hold the catridge casing come load the shiny grammer whey you don obtain into the catridge casing carefully one by one until grammar full the cartridge casing

You go come hold the English with one hand, hol the Catridge casing for the other hand you go come push the catridge casing wey grammer full through the gun yansh like say you put prick for toto with force..and you go know if the catridge key if you hear one click sound like ‘paka’ ehn ehn, English don load be that but still dey very careful

If the English get manual safety you go disengage that safety, you go use thumb finger manipulate the safety as you hol the gun and the safety dey always dey near the too of the english.

You go come use your palm to drag the top of the English chamber to the far back of the gun come release am quickly you go hear another sound like ‘kra kra’ ehn ehn, grammar round don enter the gun chamber be that and the English fit fire grammer anytime like that if you press the trigger.

Omo na so the guy dey reason me about gun matter everytime. It got to a point i thought he had lost his mind.

1 Like

Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 9:34am On May 13, 2022
Mrkcee:
@ikotunblog
Mention me on any update, wudn't want to miss a thing cool
Great writing!

Thanks Boss check thread

1 Like

Re: Thief By Chance by Serial48(f): 9:39am On May 13, 2022
Another banger
Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2022
ikotunblog:
"Omo, shouts of Number two rented the air, daggerboi was grinning sheepishly..."

"...Na so the guy dey reason me about gun matter everytime. It got to a point i thought he had lost his mind"
That's the thing, ur experience with Sparta too is just how it happens.
The longer u stay in cell, the more hardened, to the extent that u won't even want to be released anymore. Yes!
Life there is different, no stress, no worries, no need to work... Just wake up & start gisting. It messes with d mind bro.
... & all this while ur Uncle no send. Na wa o
Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 3:44pm On May 13, 2022
Daggerboi went to court but they didn’t sentence him they postponed his trial date and then brought him back from the court to the cell. In my own case, my uncle didn’t even bat an eyelid, i guess he forgot me there so i spent like 2 months there in total. But one Friday in the cell, Daggerboi informed me of an invasion that night and said for whatever it was, he was gonna get out but not without me as, for any reason, his gang on the outside were very loyal to him and he didn’t trust any of them and unknown to him i had been able to show him that i could be trusted and can be his ride or die as the other day, i stood up for him even if he didn’t need it. (Referring to the day i fought the dude that disrespected him in the cell).

“Again, I won’t tell you that it will be successful and I won’t tell you that it won’t be successful but na once man dey die!!”

2 am that night, i was fast asleep with the other inmates when Daggerboi kicked me so hard in a bid to wake me, i woke up with a start.

“Oga wake up, I teey you say Jesus dey come for midnight”

I replied “Jesus”” he was gonna say something when i heard gunshots, gunshots that happened outside the cell. As soon as the shot rang,

Daggerboi blurted out, “brothers, they are here”

Then the gunshots outside became constant and heated and it didn’t take long, we heard footsteps and then a torch flashed into our cell room and a officer and two other guys showed up, an ak47 rifle pointed at the officers head, as the officer tried unlocking the big iron gate, i could see blood trickling down his badly damaged face and as he worked the lock, i could see fear and terror in his eyes. He finished working the lock and the guy that put a gun to the officers head squeezed the trigger. The loud sound that ensued woke up the whole cell and damn it was loud. The guy added three more shots to the one that put the officer down amd blurted out : Smelly Bastard!!!! He then pushed the iron gate open then let his torch pierce the darkness in the room and called out “Dagger Boss, Dagger, Dagger”

Daggerboi answered and walked to the now opened cell gate and dragged me along. The guy that shot the policeman now asked dagger about me, dagger said not here as we had an escape to complete. In no time, we were outside and was soon on the road in a Jeep. The jeep then conveyed us to a hideout.

2 Likes

Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 7:57pm On May 13, 2022
Op @ikotunblog.....ur update bad gan gan nd e come massive join ooooooooo...abeg mention me for ur next update cool
Re: Thief By Chance by Abdulreheem(m): 8:06pm On May 13, 2022
interesting . thanks 4 d update op
Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 8:29am On May 14, 2022
@ikotun blog abeg update us abeggg cry cry cry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 8:31am On May 14, 2022
Chai this thread never die sooooo
Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 8:34am On May 14, 2022
GuyFawkes7:
Chai this thread never die sooooo

No light in my area yesterday. They just restored it now. I’m sorry Sir

1 Like

Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 8:55am On May 14, 2022
No wahala boss... we gather dey,dey anticipate ur hot,sweet nd spicy update boss.....More ink to ur pen..

P.S: even me sef I forgot my power bank at school...nd NEPA don start dey Bleep up

ikotunblog:

No light in my area yesterday. They just restored it now. I’m sorry Sir

1 Like

Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 9:00am On May 14, 2022
But Ofcourse, 6 other guys joined the escape, so myself, Daggerboi and six other inmates including that guy i beat in the cell. I didn’t even know he trooped out with us as getting out wasn’t easy too as the police were not giving up on the gun battle happening outside. What really got me fascinated was how daggerboi’s boys handled their Ak47’s with precision. I can tell because Sparta with his gun stories in the cell was educational enough for me.. i could tell what year or make the gun was. Thank you to Sparta, we almost got outside the police station when i spotted an officer with a revolver and he shot into our group. We all scampered for safety and coincidentally i happened to be in the same place as dagggerboi so in the midst of all that intense action, the officer sent more shots our direction and evrybody laid on the floor as from my experiences with Sparta, if you hear a gunshot, lie on the ground as its the safest place to avoid being hit.

The officer continued shooting and i could tell the officer was frantic and fearful but was determined to stop the escape. Then one of daggerboy’s bous tried making a move, he’d wanted to reply the shots from the officer then i held him into position and he almost didn’t believe it!!

Calm the Bleep down i said to him still pinning him down. That’s a fucking revolver and hold on a minute he’s gonna expend the rounds. Then the dude’s muscle relaxed and he happened to dig what i said then i continued counting..

Gboa!
Gboa!!
Gboa!!!
Gboa!!!!
Gboa!!!!!
Gboa!!!!!!
Gboa!!!!!!!

Then there was a pause at the end of the last shot that rang ‘Gboa’ and i spoke again, he’s out of grammar, now he’s reloading then i tapped on the guy I pinned earlier and as we got up, Me and Daggerboi and the rest of us that didn’t have a gun made our way to the gate and in no time was outside the Prison. I mean completely outside.. but i could here return shots that didn’t come from a revolver.

I guess dagger boy’s boys switched from semi auto to auto and

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! And they joined us outside. We all mounted the truck that waited outside.

The hideout was a four bedroom apartment in the middle of nowhere.. and as soon as we entered, come and see several types of ammunition’s that laid across different area’s of the room. On the dinning table assorted guns and gun accessories laid bare on the table and some girls were watching tv and counting heaps of cash with counting machines everywhere was busy. What is this place damn!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 11:23am On May 14, 2022
Nice one @ikotunblog.....Omo Daggerboi be like crime lord oooo
Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 7:26am On May 15, 2022
Op @ikotunblog....Good morning sir......

Sir any updates for we the great readers of this literature section to read before going to church or during the pastor's sermon ?

Once again Good morning OP @ikotunblog...... Happy Sunday sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 8:55am On May 15, 2022
ikotunblog:

...Then the gunshots outside became constant and heated and it didn’t take long, we heard footsteps and then a torch flashed into our cell room...
Wow! It's getting even more interesting.
Reading through! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 9:06am On May 15, 2022
GuyFawkes7:
Op @ikotunblog....Good morning sir......

Sir any updates for we the great readers of this literature section to read before going to church or during the pastor's sermon ?

Once again Good morning OP @ikotunblog...... Happy Sunday sir

Morning sir
Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 9:07am On May 15, 2022
Daggerboi introduced me to the rest of the team and then the moment they started talking about the last operation they did that got daggerboi arrested, i went and sat at the dinning table where all the assorted guns and ammunition were laid, wow. I picked up a dessert eagle pistol, i examined it and remember what Sparta said about it

“Omo desert eagle na semi auto English, but na gas operated, e different pass 9mm.. dem do this gun 1979 and dem stop the production 1982 and-the firing range na like 201 meter or 220 yards”

Following Sparta’s theory education about guns, i unloaded the gun and even removed that one bullet that’s always in the chamber. Because if you unload a gun, still check the chamber as removing the catrigde casing doesn’t mean its safe and won’t shoot. Everytime a catridge enters the English, a bullet will retain in the chamber and it can still cause casualties if you have no proper education about gin handling..

All the time i spent working the desert eagle, Daggerboi and his boys were observing but I didn’t notice because i was too into loading and unloading the gun.

Impressive!!! Daggerboy retorted, he promised to teach me how to shoot English sometime when-he has some freetime. But in the meantime, he asked me to feel at home and be minding my buisness, that was the only way to get out of trouble in the house. One Saturday, Daggerboi and his crew went for an operation leaving me at home. At first i watched tv amd was minding my buisness, but that got boring quickly. I went to the dinning table again, picked up the desert eagle and that devlish thought creeped in.. and why not?? I went inside, took a mask, took a big coat that laid around in one of the rooms belonging to one of the boys, took the dessert eagle and loaded it up, put the manual safety switch into place and holstered the English in my waistline with the help of my thick leather belt. Grabbed the key to the motorcycle belonging to one of the girls who were on the outside with the crew probably robbing someone at that moment of his or her hard earned cash, i locked the apartment, mounted the bike and headed for town.

I got to town and trodded on the bike to my uncle’s shop. I knew my uncle would have gone home and the boys would be clocking out for the day. I parked the bike in a secluded spot and continued the rest of the journey to my uncle’s shop on foot. My dessert eagle tucked in my waistline and ready to speak.. Uche and his cohorts will not believe whats about to hit them, the storm would arrive, a matter of minutes

1 Like

Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2022
ikotunblog:

...I guess dagger boy’s boys switched from semi auto to auto and Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! And they joined us outside
I love this part, enough vawulence.
Cheeeeeee! grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2022
ikotunblog:
My dessert eagle tucked in my waistline and ready to speak.. Uche and his cohorts will not believe whats about to hit them, the storm would arrive, a matter of minutes
shocked No no no!
The vawulence is getting out of hands.
Oboi! grin
U r good mehn, interesting.
I'm impressed! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 9:23am On May 15, 2022
grin
Mrkcee:

shocked No no no!
The vawulence is getting out of hands.
Oboi! grin
U r good mehn, interesting.
I'm impressed! smiley

Thank you sir

I’m at church more uodates after church or this whinchin whinchi usher will seize my phone

2 Likes

Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 9:25am On May 15, 2022
ikotunblog:
grin I’m at church more uodates after church or this whinchin whinchi usher will seize my phone
grin grin. No wahala boss, we are waiting.
Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 12:49pm On May 15, 2022
Omo OP...u dey burst my headdddddddddd[img][/img]
Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 8:08am On May 16, 2022
UP NEPA OO THERES LIGHT IN MY HOOD!! NIGERIA SHA!!

The guy that I slapped wanted to retaliate immediately and by then, the other boys had spotted my presence.. na so i commot my desert eagle english and everyone in the lot took to the ground.. (hahahahaha) something wey i never shoot shiior.. I understood i could handle the gun by placing and displacing the cartridge, loading and unloading and I understood what the safety on the gun works for) so i kept the manual safety on as a security measure so I won’t go on shooting somebody as I didn’t plan to make a hell of a noise or shoot someone as i still didn’t know how to shoot yet but in my head somehow i thought i could.

Una good evening oo i greeted.. abeg where Uche?? Then they pointed him out.. i found him, pulled him up and gave him several free slaps.. surprise surprise motherfuvker. Then i asked him to seat on the floor, he obliged.. then i asked all the boys to kneel they obliged, then i asked a chair to be brought for me, they brought one from inside the shop. I sat down, this is going to be entertaining i said.. then i told like 6 of the boys to beat Uche for me while i watched the action.. omo Dem beat Uche for me, his own boys. I made sure they bleeped him up good. Then when i finally asked the boys to stop, i asked one of them to check for his phone, and then i asked Uche to call My uncle and put the phone on speaker and he would now relate everything that as been happening before i joined the shop, when i joined the shop amd after i joined it. I asked him to bring his record book, the one he kept personally for their fraud, then i asked the official shop record book to be brought.. Uche had no choice as i put on a mean act something that Portable Omolalomi would say:

Kala, Daju, Marerin, mashey transfer!!! I asumed this stance and they new i meant buisness and also for the gun I wielded, like i said I wasn’t there to shoot but they understood it was a real gun because i was playing with it, I’d eject the catridge at intervals for fun especially that time wey dem dey beat Uche for me.. So admists tears, Uche called Uncle, the phone was on speaker and he related everything that had been happening and how he the boys and oga madam lied and made sure i ended up in Jail.. my uncle was dead silent on the other end and as soon as Uche finished of his last sentence, i got on the phone and thanked my Uncle for being weak! And i also thanked him for keeping me in the cell and i also told him to thank his wife for everything and i told him by the time he got to the shop in the morning, i will now officially rob him and he can go and cry to his Dpo friend.. as what was there to loose? I would have been declared wanted by the police by now already as i jailbroke. So he can go and make a new report. But i wanted him to know that i was innocent and his wife was shortchanging him through the boys and me myself would now join in the shortchanging by robbing him of all the huge funds he kept in the safe.

I ended it by saying..

I am the monster you made.

2 Likes

Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 8:58am On May 16, 2022
Op @ikotunblog....we thank God say NEPA don finally dey give una steady electricity now..

So pls abeg u fit make ur next update long pass this one ? undecided cry cry

Ahbeggggg

P.S: Omo Obi don vexxxx.... hahahahaha Uche own boys gather beat am....Omo I don laugh belle scatter....if na me be Obi ehhn...na to kill my oga, e wife nd Uche Nd e boys..

My two cents tho

GuyFawkes7 out cool
Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 9:10am On May 16, 2022
ikotunblog:
... na so i commot my desert eagle english and everyone in the lot took to the ground.. (hahahahaha)
Cheeeeee! Baddest cool
... Uche had no choice as i put on a mean act something that Portable Omolalomi would say: "Kala, Daju, Marerin, mashey transfer!!!"
Zazuu cool
I ended it by saying... "I am the monster you made"
Wow! Perfect finish!
Serves them right.
But Omo, na now the action and chaos start proper grin.
Pls, spread the vawulence grin.
Re: Thief By Chance by ikotunblog: 9:15am On May 16, 2022
Mrkcee:

Cheeeeee! Baddest cool

Zazuu cool
A little typo error, Uche to Uncle wink.

Wow! Perfect finish!
Serves them right.
But Omo, na now the action and chaos start proper grin.
Pls, spread the vawulence grin.

Thanks Boss, na trenches english i dey take write. Man no complete school sir

1 Like

Re: Thief By Chance by Mrkcee(m): 9:20am On May 16, 2022
ikotunblog:

U don correct am. Make I correct my comment. Good one boss! cool
... Awaiting more update! cheesy
Re: Thief By Chance by GuyFawkes7: 8:17pm On May 16, 2022
Op I swrr u dey burst my head with ur whining....how u go say a whole certified and verified professional writer like u, dey use "trenches English" dey write.....

Ah ah Oti wrong nawww.....kilode grin

Op nor be soooo...u nor show love ooooo @ikotunblog....

Your whining dey burst my head OPPP

ikotunblog:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fantasy Novels / Short, Witty, Freestyle Poems / A Collection Of African Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.