Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

What Exactly Is The Leviathan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Is The Leviathan? (2168 Views)

Theists, What Exactly Makes Your God "Holy"? / Similarities Between Biblical Leviathan And Godzilla (2019 Movie) / Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The Leviathan? by Kayberg: 10:19am On May 06, 2022
I've been wondering for years what exactly the creature described by GOD in the Book of Job chapter 41 is. Someone said it's a great crocodile. But on making my searches, crocodiles have scutes and not scales, this which we can say does not match the description of the leviathan.

In my findings, it was described to be a monstrous sea serpent, as the Bible also describes that it stays in the sea.

Psalms 104 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁴ O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
²⁵ So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
²⁶ There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.
²⁷ These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season.

Now, could it be that them of those days had encounters with this dreadful sea monster that they know what GOD described in Job 41?
And also, the Bible compares the Leviathan to a dreadful enemy that GOD alone can control, punish or kill.

“In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.”
— Isaiah 27:1 (KJV)

For this indeed, makes us realize that this leviathan is a dreadful creature which scares or/and snaps the life out of humans, so GOD asked, if no man could stand before the leviathan, then who can stand before Him?

“None is so fierce that dare stir him up: who then is able to stand before me?”
— Job 41:10 (KJV)

Now, what exactly is the Leviathan?
Re: What Exactly Is The Leviathan? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 06, 2022
Kayberg:

In my findings, it was described to be a monstrous sea serpent.

This.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Leviathan? by Kayberg: 10:40am On May 06, 2022
PastorMIsBack:

This.
Yea... but any specific shape of it?
Re: What Exactly Is The Leviathan? by Kayberg: 10:44am On May 06, 2022
Could this had matched its description?
(Having issues uploading the said image.)

Re: What Exactly Is The Leviathan? by Maynman: 11:22am On May 06, 2022
so artistic grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Leviathan? by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:49pm On May 06, 2022
There is nothing wrong with the Bible describing Leviathan as a serpent eventhough it is like a crocodile. It is still a crawling monster. Most deliverance ministers will tell you that Leviathan is a crocodile. In verse 14 of the scriptures you gave, you will see a description of it's teeth, it's usually crocodiles that have such dentition. Check the description of the scales in same chapter, that's exactly how crocodile scales are arranged. The image is the description.
Re: What Exactly Is The Leviathan? by Kayberg: 7:21am On May 09, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
There is nothing wrong with the Bible describing Leviathan as a serpent eventhough it is like a crocodile. It is still a crawling monster. Most deliverance ministers will tell you that Leviathan is a crocodile. In verse 14 of the scriptures you gave, you will see a description of it's teeth, it's usually crocodiles that have such dentition. Check the description of the scales in same chapter, that's exactly how crocodile scales are arranged. The image is the description.

Do you have any image of an exact one?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know God Called Me / Mysterious Alignment Of Ancient Sites Of The World / "Why Does The OT Show A God Of Wrath And The NT A God Of Mercy?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.