Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri (8240 Views)

Photos Of Victims Of Maiduguri Bomb Blast / Professor Olayinka Is New VC Of University Of Ibadan / Scene Of Maiduguri Market Bombing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
Obasanjo was a better president.
am relieved atleast cos i never voted for the spineless weakling called Gej
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Ibomade1: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
ola plutolink=topic=711314.msg8703361#msg8703361 date=1310490151:

When BH strikes in Lagos, then things will never be the same in Nigeria.

@ ola pluto
Breaking News !!!
Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for the Lagos flood.
Their spokesman Osama bin Obama said This is just the beginning  cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lets all enjoy the fresh air we voted into power
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by tonitone1(m): 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2011
@cogitoErgo
In 2005 I applied fo an academic job at unimaid and I was denied based on my ethnicity, I was furious then, but Im hapy and I tank [color=#990000][/color]God they denied me. He who laugh last,

Boko H apart, this your English and spelling is enough for any university either B/haram or not to deny you employment as an academic!!!, embarassed shocked sad shocked
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Figger(m): 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2011
no be 4 north? Make them kill themselves nah.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by olapluto(m): 7:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
When the suspects are arrested, how are they interogated?
Answer: they are interogated the NIGERIAN way. Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S0qjW8EWQ8
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by olapluto(m): 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2011
God save anyone 'arrested' by the soldiers. Nigeria we hail thee. On a lighter note, these soldiers arent actually killing these suspects. Just abit of 'lesson'.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by apoti(m): 7:12pm On Jul 12, 2011
amarilo:

I am posted to Bauchi State for my NYSC and i must serve there nothing will happen. Let them try me and see who my papa be.
Nonsensetical !!!!!!!!!!

You are a dead man walking angry
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by tunnytox(m): 7:16pm On Jul 12, 2011
Unfortunately i don't believe the Nigerian police can handle these religion extremists, The Nigerian Police is ill trained. ill equipped and not fit for purpose. If anyone ever have the opportunity to watch programs on crime and Investigation channel you'll be surprised of how advanced the criminal world is. Police and intelligent agencies all over the civilised world make use of sophisticated technology and forensic science to identify, trace and apprehend criminals but Nigerian police is using a stone age method of terrorising, threatning and torturing of suspects. Obvioulsy, these primitive method can not do any harm for boko haram abi please tell me how can you scare a man who's looking for death?

Like it or not we're now paying for the recklessnes of our past leaders and politicians who refused to put proper structure and infrastructure in place to serve as a foundation for the state of Nigeria. imagine Nigerian police cannot even trace a criminal using their mobile phone neither do police station have common equipments to process criminals, if we can get these basic right how on earth do we think that we can combat these religion extremist? there's no hard and fast rule about it as you lay your bed so shall you sleep on it. If care is not taken Nigeria will soon be like Pakistan and people will be so used to bombs like pure water
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by apoti(m): 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lukkym:

As we collectively voted GEJ to government, let's join hands to call on GEJ that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Only those of you that could not see ahead voted for him, so I suggest you lead the rally to tell him enough is enough  undecided
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by ajalaolanr(m): 7:28pm On Jul 12, 2011
Gradually and surely, this will surely extend to adjoining states and other regions of the country, i pray they target the presidents motorcade,Maybe then , just maybe the govt will wake up to their responsibilities.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 12, 2011
Men BH should assault Abuja more,maybe with Rocket launchers this time,with bio-signed missiles seeking anything PDP.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 12, 2011
Men BH should assault Abuja more,maybe with Rocket launchers this time,with bio-signed missiles seeking anything PDP.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by agog: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2011
How on earth can we survive this daily bombings? On d average 3 bombs explode in a week. It will take d special grace of God 4 Nigeria to still remain in existence by 2015. The North ruled for years, dominated us and still dominating yet. But now they are hell-bent in making Nigeria ungovernable for a Southern president. Their religion was imposed on us directly/indirectly - Arabic was written on our naira, and Islamic banking is on d way. GEJ should act and act fastly NOW!
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by aikuda(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2011
Is this the beginning of the end of Nigeria?

You know, maybe these leaders (both from the north and south) secretly want this country to break up and they are happy the way things are going. Otherwise, I see no explanation for their inaction. Maybe they want this country broken up for their greed but no ones wants to be the first to say it. Everyone wants to appear patriotic and. And now they might just allow Boko Haram to do it for them. Just a thought.

I magine what will happen if GEJ (or any important southern politician) is assasinated by Boko HARAM! God help us!
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by shawonlese: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2011
@ all. GEJ is still forming his government, as he said, when he finishes, he'll roll out his agenda. What that means is that, there is no government in place yet to tackle boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by newguy1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2011
we dont negociate with terrorist boko haram u hear?
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by member479760: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2011
it's a game and is on. Boko haram are visible and invisible, the invisible controls the affair and they are part of the government representative. the northern' states created them to actualize their dream of islamic states, since politically the process of having a full islamic states is slow then they go for hard-power. SANUSI activity is one of their agenda.

we are looking! they got to loose the oil money soon.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by phreakabit(m): 8:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
The BBC LIONS OF GBOKO!  grin  grin  grin
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by TimiLewis(f): 9:21pm On Jul 12, 2011
am so concern about the students especially the final year students what will now happen 2 them,are they going 2 start a fresh again?its not easy at all.GOD PLS HELP NIGERIA.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by walaky(m): 9:42pm On Jul 12, 2011
valicious1:

THIS IS THE HEIGHT OF TERRORISM. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE BOKO HARAM MENACE WAS JUST BUT A STORY, THIS MORNING WHEN MY NEPHEW IN UNIMAID CALLED ME TO INFORM ME OF HIS RETURN TO THE EAST I KNEW FOR SURE THAT THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS ISSUE SHOULD NOT BE UNDERESTIMATED. PRESIDENT GEJ SHOULD MAKE AN OPEN SPEECH AS A MATTER OF URGENCY CONCERNING THIS ISSUE, BECAUSE I CAN SEE THIS MATTER GETTING OUT OF HAND. GOD BLESS NIGERIA(that is if God still wants a united Nigeria)

well this is what they really want to be happening and that is good for them at least somebody is getting some recognition here, if you can't take care of your people then somebody somewhere will take the advantage and this what we are seeing. We are Nigerians and we deserve some respect either rich or poor South East or West, we don't want to be fool by all of this, there is no Son of any rich man in This Whole of naija will partake in BH, Arewa, MASSOB, OPC, MEND shit or whatever, if they do then it's for their own personal gain at the expenses of their poor counterpart, which we have seen in many occasion, what I'm i driving at, violence can solve our problem in Naija, let's dialogue, we have one common goal either Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, we're all Nigerians,
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by walaky(m): 9:47pm On Jul 12, 2011
well this is what they really want to be happening and that is good for them at least somebody is getting some recognition here, if you can't take care of your people then somebody somewhere will take the advantage and this what we are seeing. We are Nigerians and we deserve some respect either rich or poor South East or West, we don't want to be fooled by all of this, there is no son of any rich man in This Whole of naija that will partake in BH, Arewa, MASSOB, OPC, MEND or whatever, if they do then it's for their own personal gain at the expenses of their poor counterpart, which we have seen in many occasion, what I'm i driving at, violence can't solve our problem in Naija, let's dialogue, we have one common goal either Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba, we're all Nigerians,
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by executinal(m): 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2011
Thank you BOKO HARAM for the notice giving out to students. Remaining non Abokis should as-well leave or still waiting for quick notice from the BOKO HARAMS? To hell with boko haram who cares go ahead and bomb the whole North, at the end the result will show. But wait a minute, were do they get bomb for their operation?. This should be welcome development to YERIMA tongue tongue
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by sosereal(m): 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2011
way this is goin soon d country called Nigeria will b a thing of d past.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by deadie(m): 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
Blame the paedophile (Piss Be Unto Him)
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:25am On Jul 13, 2011
People who think that seperation will stop this nonsense are not realistic. Even if Nigeria will break up tomorrow, it is in the interest of everybody concerned including southerners to defeat Boko Haram now. They should be summarilly extinguished. If you think that by giving them their 12 states things will be ok, you are making a big mistake. Once they have succeded in taking over the north, their next target will be the south. Since the days of Dan-fodio, these irritants have always visited the south with violence and while i dont mind seperation, i honestly dont think it will ever curtail the northerners penchant for violent aggression against the south. Total Defeat will.

I quite disagree with you on that point because with division of Nigeria comes borders and border patrols. People going in and out of those regions will be checked and verified by Armed border agencies of those regions. As a United Nigeria, it's easier for a Suicide Bomber from Boko Haram to come to the southern region to explode himself than it would have been if we are divided and have our regional Border Agencies ( Provided that they are effective).
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by juman(m): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2011
Compulsory Ramadan Holiday. grin
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by omo9ja1(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2011
I am thinking this issue of boko haram is becoming more serious, I will ask the federal Govt, state Govt and the elders of the state to meet and resolve this issue before it escalate further university shut, then it will be hospital and police station too

na wa 0o00o0
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by sonyvaio(f): 9:17am On Jul 13, 2011
@op

why did u call it boko haram state

Sorry for my indecision, could not make up my mind on typing[i] Borno state or Boko Haram closes University of, [/i]

First it was[b] sharia law[/b] by the elite(Zamfara Governor and co), Now it is scrapping of western education by the masses(Boko Haram), at the same time, technocrats(CBN Governor) want to implement[b] islamic banking[/b]!

Is it right to say northern muslims, both elite, masses, educated, uneducated, want a fully islamic northern Nigeria?

Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by otokx(m): 9:18am On Jul 13, 2011
The National Security Adviser is asking for maximum wage instead of doing his homework.
Re: Boko Haram Forced the Closure of University Of Maiduguri by enomakos(m): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2011
they can destroy their state for all i care

who give a Bleep

but if they try it in my state heaven go fall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ll Consult Wide Before Approving ECOWAS-EU Free Trade Deal—buhari / Richest Local Government Areas In Nigeria: Top 5 / Correction: Its Aniocha Not Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.