Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,310 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. (953 Views)

Good PC Spec For Programming And Design: Your Advice / Minimum Computer Specs For Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Animegirl(f): 4:40pm On May 06, 2022
Pls, can someone suggest affordable and good quality laptop I can use to practice what I learnt in coding/programming.

I was told to get laptop with core 5-7, 4gig ram, 500gig rom. But when I checked online, most of the laptops with these features are expensive, ranging from 200k above.

Pls, I'm desperately in need of your suggestions.
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Animegirl(f): 5:12pm On May 06, 2022
Anyone cry cry
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by ArcheKit: 6:32pm On May 06, 2022
Animegirl:
Anyone cry cry
Calm down lad for these kind of things you can't really set a specific standard only lowest requirements that the pc has to have, and for me I'd say get something with 4gb ram just to stay on the slightly safer side, space can be anything 200gb above I think you can manage it, as for cores almost anything will work but get something with atleast a 1.5hz(giga or smth I forgot the exact standard used for measurement) like for me I started using my tablet on a cloud IDE when I was just entering programming and the first pc I use was I think had an Intel Atom core it was a mini laptop, also take note programming isn't just web development people get that misconception alot I will make a thread about it soon anyways. Mail me for more clarification and keep on coding
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by thanksjosh005: 6:47pm On May 06, 2022
Most of the laptops with what features? undecided
Please, please, please... Go get yourself those ones at price range of 100k-120k if anyway your budget still meets that price. And yes, NEW ONES, not UK used or whatsoever. However, I actually do not know your budget! Of course, there are laptops that are still very much effective for your programming needs which you can afford on Jumia, at those price I actually called (because I actually saw them there myself). Just make sure you're getting 64bit operating system with a laptop around 1TB and more for HDD. Sincerely speaking, you don't necessarily need a 1TB. You might need less. This is especially true when your laptop is strictly for programming and other programming related-stuffs of which your flashdrive should be able to hold like docs and videos. But exactly why have I said this?

The ones who tell you you need an HDD with very huge capacity like 1TB+ are actually the ones who need them. You really don't if your laptop is strictly for programming and programming.. like I said. Those people actually are the ones who muddle up their laptops with loads and loads of movies and probably other irrelevant stuffs including photos, lol. Frankly, I was like that. I recently started using this new cpu (less than a TB tho), made it strictly for programming, and guess what? Crashing down has never hit nor the moment that showed up that it processed slowly except at very minor, rare occasions.

Sorry for the long pissful talk. Just try afford a common hp core laptop whatsoever on Jumia that works fine for programming at just 100k. Forget nonsensical features and 200k and above
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by sonofthunder: 1:54pm On May 07, 2022
Animegirl:
Pls, can someone suggest affordable and good quality laptop I can use to practice what I learnt in coding/programming.

I was told to get laptop with core 5-7, 4gig ram, 500gig rom. But when I checked online, most of the laptops with these features are expensive, ranging from 200k above.

Pls, I'm desperately in need of your suggestions.

You need to declare your budget range for best recommendations.

It's always recommended to go for a gaming laptop in order to avoid hassles but nevertheless, you can start with a cheap laptop (even mini laptop) depends on the complexity of what you need to do.
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by tollyboy5(m): 5:22pm On May 07, 2022
To code, you don't need high spec laptop. Use poku lowo e like me. grin

My Lapi na 60k
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Animegirl(f): 5:44pm On May 07, 2022
ArcheKit:

Calm down lad for these kind of things you can't really set a specific standard only lowest requirements that the pc has to have, and for me I'd say get something with 4gb ram just to stay on the slightly safer side, space can be anything 200gb above I think you can manage it, as for cores almost anything will work but get something with atleast a 1.5hz(giga or smth I forgot the exact standard used for measurement) like for me I started using my tablet on a cloud IDE when I was just entering programming and the first pc I use was I think had an Intel Atom core it was a mini laptop, also take note programming isn't just web development people get that misconception alot I will make a thread about it soon anyways. Mail me for more clarification and keep on coding

Thanks Sir. I'm a girl actually.
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Animegirl(f): 5:46pm On May 07, 2022
thanksjosh005:
Most of the laptops with what features? undecided
Please, please, please... Go get yourself those ones at price range of 100k-120k if anyway your budget still meets that price. And yes, NEW ONES, not UK used or whatsoever. However, I actually do not know your budget! Of course, there are laptops that are still very much effective for your programming needs which you can afford on Jumia, at those price I actually called (because I actually saw them there myself). Just make sure you're getting 64bit operating system with a laptop around 1TB and more for HDD. Sincerely speaking, you don't necessarily need a 1TB. You might need less. This is especially true when your laptop is strictly for programming and other programming related-stuffs of which your flashdrive should be able to hold like docs and videos. But exactly why have I said this?

The ones who tell you you need an HDD with very huge capacity like 1TB+ are actually the ones who need them. You really don't if your laptop is strictly for programming and programming.. like I said. Those people actually are the ones who muddle up their laptops with loads and loads of movies and probably other irrelevant stuffs including photos, lol. Frankly, I was like that. I recently started using this new cpu (less than a TB tho), made it strictly for programming, and guess what? Crashing down has never hit nor the moment that showed up that it processed slowly except at very minor, rare occasions.

Sorry for the long pissful talk. Just try afford a common hp core laptop whatsoever on Jumia that works fine for programming at just 100k. Forget nonsensical features and 200k and above

Thanks Sir. My budget is 100k

1 Like

Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Animegirl(f): 5:48pm On May 07, 2022
sonofthunder:

You need to declare your budget range for best recommendations.

It's always recommended to go for a gaming laptop in order to avoid hassles but nevertheless, you can start with a cheap laptop (even mini laptop) depends on the complexity of what you need to do.

Budget 100k but is gaming laptop good for programming?
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by sonofthunder: 7:28pm On May 07, 2022
Animegirl:

Budget 100k but is gaming laptop good for programming?

A gaming laptop is basically a good laptop for everything, having great specs all round. That's why they are always expensive.

With that amount, I'll recommend you go for a UK/US used from a trusted source (be careful not to buy stolen goods), then have plans to upgrade later.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Animegirl(f): 7:41pm On May 07, 2022
sonofthunder:

A gaming laptop is basically a good laptop for everything, having great specs all round. That's why they are always expensive.

With that amount, I'll recommend you go for a UK/US used from a trusted source (be careful not to buy stolen goods), then have plans to upgrade later.

Thanks, I really appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by yankeecoder: 7:54pm On May 07, 2022
It depends on what you want to do. If you're doing machine learning or android development, my dear, you'll need a minimum of 8GB RAM and not less than a core i5 to be a little bit comfortable, but if it's just web development you can even use a 2GB RAM laptop with less than 500GB HD just make sure it's 64 bits architecture

1 Like

Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Deicide: 8:02pm On May 07, 2022
Get yourself A Lenovo ThinkPad series.... start looking online from the T400 to T470. Those are enough for programming.

1 Like

Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by Myzubby(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2022
yankeecoder:
It depends on what you want to do. If you're doing machine learning or android development, my dear, you'll need a minimum of 8GB RAM and not less than a core i5 to be a little bit comfortable, but if it's just web development you can even use a 2GB RAM laptop with less than 500GB HD just make sure it's 64 bits architecture
is a 2nd generation laptop with the above specs good for machine learning sir?
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by yankeecoder: 8:17pm On May 07, 2022
Myzubby:
is a 2nd generation laptop with the above specs good for machine learning sir?
RAM and processing speed is very important when it comes to building models, anything less than 8GB and core i5 will frustrate you

2 Likes

Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by temiyato(m): 8:52pm On May 07, 2022
yankeecoder:
RAM and processing speed is very important when it comes to building models, anything less than 8GB and core i5 will frustrate you

I use core i3 , 12gb ddr4 and it runs smoothly .
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by yankeecoder: 9:04pm On May 07, 2022
temiyato:

I use core i3 , 12gb ddr4 and it runs smoothly .
with hyperthreading right ? core i3, what generation ? Try running firefox or google chrome at the same time and see for yourself, you'll notice the lag in most core i3
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by ArcheKit: 9:50pm On May 07, 2022
I find it odd that this thread is suddenly so active but it's nice
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by yusman14(m): 11:12pm On May 07, 2022
yankeecoder:
with hyperthreading right ? core i3, what generation ? Try running firefox or google chrome at the same time and see for yourself, you'll notice the lag in most core i3
Hello sir..can I use something like this for Android dev and machine learning.
Core i3, 5th gen, 8 gig RAM, x64 bits architecture
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by yankeecoder: 8:35am On May 08, 2022
yusman14:
Hello sir..can I use something like this for Android dev and machine learning.
Core i3, 5th gen, 8 gig RAM, x64 bits architecture
yes, it'll run smoothly but some laptops come with 4GB or 6GB RAM with an option to add additional RAM so, you need to be careful when buying because vendors will want to sell it to you as an 8GB RAM laptop meanwhile it comes with 4GB or 6GB and can be upgraded to 8GB RAM
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by yusman14(m): 9:07am On May 08, 2022
yankeecoder:
yes, it'll run smoothly but some laptops come with 4GB or 6GB RAM with an option to add additional RAM so, you need to be careful when buying because vendors will want to sell it to you as an 8GB RAM laptop meanwhile it comes with 4GB or 6GB and can be upgraded to 8GB RAM
Alright sir.. thanks
Re: Suggest Affordable And Quality Laptops I Can Use For Programming. by temiyato(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2022
yankeecoder:

No lag.corei3, 7gen, 12ddr4, 1tb hhd. I run powerbi, excel, tableau, chrome. R programming and it runs smoothly. The most important aspect is the ram.i was experiencing lag when it was 4gb ram , so i upgraded it to 12gb ddr4 and since then. Its been good experience. 12ddr4 is the maximum capacity the board can take else i wud have upgraded it to 24gb ddr4.

(1) (Reply)

Developer Of Fortran Dead At 82 / .. / When Life Throws You CVS [SCM]...make Gits (a NL Exclusive Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.