Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play (411 Views)

The Interesting Experiences I Had When I Was A Boy / Interesting Things about Godly Fasting & Vision In "Book of Acts" (2nd added) / Thirty (30) Interesting Things About Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Abiodunspectre(m): 5:19pm On May 06, 2022
The musical play Omemma is a metaphor of every girl child, young woman and the older ones who daily endure abuse and deprivation in the face of what her heart truly craves for.
Omemma continues to adapt or fight a cultural system and even the people closest to her, just so she can live her dream.

The story tackles a number of issues that are still ravaging our society till date. It gives women a voice in an otherwise patriarchal society. It's a story like you've never seen. It is emotional, passionate and romantic.

The play is directed by Kelechukwu Anunibe. Some members of cast include, Irene Chiadika, Chika Agwuike Eze Prince, Riyo David, May Okanigbe, Jennifer Osammur, Emem Silas. Chioma Peters etc
All original songs written and composed by Kehinde Oretimehin. Script written by Patrick Ugele

The play comes alive at the Agip Recital Hall in muson centre on Saturday and Sunday, 7th and 8th of May, at 3pm and 5:30pm daily.

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Zarandah: 5:45pm On May 06, 2022
I would really love to see this play, one that advocates for women.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by DanyelAmeh: 5:48pm On May 06, 2022
The flier and post didn't specify the city where this play will be airing.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by kuljayms1(m): 5:50pm On May 06, 2022
Kudos to the organizers.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by hoilakes(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2022
Na this type of setup i dey love to engage.
Date saved. Thank you @OP
not going to miss this for anything
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by saratackit: 6:04pm On May 06, 2022
This is coming at the right time. Anyone with full details on how to get to the venue (AGIP RECITAL HALL? )

AM a fan of chika from BEAUTIFULTOOL 2021
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by dankwoska: 6:06pm On May 06, 2022
Muson centre / Agip recital hall iss in Lagos Marina around onikan side it's easy to locate nah popular performance hall in Lagos
DanyelAmeh:
The flier and post didn't specify the city where this play will be airing.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Dkdworldwide: 6:31pm On May 06, 2022
I actually studied Theatre and performing arts. This are things I’ll love to be involved in. This is good.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by TEMITOPE190: 6:41pm On May 06, 2022
This really sounds interesting, I would love to watch it. A detailed description of the venue is needed pls.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by lordcrafts: 8:16pm On May 06, 2022
Tackling the burning issues through drama is awesome and I must try my best to be present for this.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Mimiko3: 8:20pm On May 06, 2022
I so much love it already from the brief movie description
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Nuelng: 8:21pm On May 06, 2022
I for like go watch but na to dey find venue for Google maps now as they didn't add where it is located like this
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Jayjerjay: 8:23pm On May 06, 2022
This movie seems like my kind of movie, can't wait to watch it, but where is muson centre
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by mark2020prince: 8:25pm On May 06, 2022
Please where can I get the play text. The name already sounds interesting. I know I can’t make it to the stage play but I’ll love to read the book.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by EinsteinAyo(m): 8:55pm On May 06, 2022
What a beautiful musical movie with a great titled. There should be proper description of the Venue for the play.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Krystalkrown: 9:04pm On May 06, 2022
The shoe is at MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos island, Lagos, Nigeria.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Chomolina: 11:20am On May 07, 2022
mark2020prince:
Please where can I get the play text. The name already sounds interesting. I know I can’t make it to the stage play but I’ll love to read the book.
Eventually that would be released with time.
The gist can't just end like that cheesy
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by OctoberEleven: 11:18am On May 08, 2022
I love when thespians shine the light on social issues. I would love to watch! Is there an entrance fee?
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by AmadorSays: 12:57pm On May 08, 2022
Nice, this sounds very interesting already.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by KingUka: 1:25pm On May 08, 2022
This is really amazing, where can I get tickets for today's show?
At the venue?
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by 0xAaron: 1:28pm On May 08, 2022
It gives women a voice in an otherwise patriarchal society

This line struck me . Sound like my kind of movie addressing social issues through art
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Franktom247(m): 1:36pm On May 08, 2022
Kelechi Anunibe I know that man, he spoke at the story conference 2020.. I look forward to seeing what he does with this. You can tell how passionate he is when you hear him talk
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by KeplersCross: 1:59pm On May 08, 2022
Hmm,A fight and change towards the cultural system of our country limiting women to achieve their full potential....not a bad story though because these days the ancient ways are starting to contract the present,it doesn't just affect women only though,I feel it's towards everyone in general including men

1 Like

Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by IzuKiba77: 2:04pm On May 08, 2022
Honestly speaking using a woman as the main figure to express and educate everyone concerning the effects of our cultural system towards our society these days isn't a bad idea though and I feel men can equally have the chance to see the world of a woman up close
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by PotterJokes44: 2:11pm On May 08, 2022
Kelechukwu Anunibe and Patrick Ugele coming together with the help of other people playing as casts in this play is actually creative, I'll give it to them sha but men are also affected by the cultural systems of our society,I feel after playing a woman's world,they should also give others the chance to see what it's like being a man in that same situation,we also face the trying effects and tribulations of cultural systems
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by OladapoF(m): 2:34pm On May 08, 2022
This is a place to be with one 's loved ones. Kelechi Anunibe has always been an outstanding man . He will deliver again as usual.
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by YangaBabe: 9:21pm On May 08, 2022
There's beauty in art because there's always something to take home with
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Chiemezueajuzie: 9:45pm On May 08, 2022
It is good to look into the life of women and their capabilities, atleast the voice of the women will be heard
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by Freelancerx: 10:03pm On May 08, 2022
Did anyone see this today? And how was it?
Re: Interesting Things You Need To Know About Omemma- A Musical Play by AyodejiFelix(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2022
Every girl child must always be encouraged to always Speak out in the society. There's no limit to what every woman can achieve in life.

This play will surely bring the hope of those ladies out there who have always been silenced.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Falling Inlove With The Guy Who Disflower Me, I Didn't Plan For This Update / The Keys Of The Kingdom / Prophet Muhammad Was Not The First Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.