Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall (76795 Views)

See The HUGE BAT I Killed This Morning / The Strange Snake We Killed This Morning / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Judybash93(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2022
There are no alligators in Africa! So, your assumption of it being an alligator is off
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Larrysung(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2022
Danniedpastor:

What are you saying.
There are alligators in Delta state.
There are villages you will see alligators roaming the streets.
yes o... Even in our street here, we have tigers everywhere. I don even taya for one tiger wey dey always come my door step... Maybe he wants to become my pet.
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Oluwasaudy(m): 12:22pm On May 07, 2022
10k you say This can't be less than 30k.
headbasher96:
Oga that is a waste of a good reptile

If to say u try capture am atall atall this 10k for come board people the buy am put for pond
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by OlujobaSamuel: 12:23pm On May 07, 2022
LUAN1:
alligator full bayelsa
What you see in your village is monitor lizard, not alligator.
Alligator are predators, just like Crocs, and it's not native to Africa

1 Like

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by supereagle(m): 12:24pm On May 07, 2022
Larrysung:

there's a local name for tiger... Do we have one here?

Leopard is Ekun it has been proved by zoologists. No tiger in our environment. Cheetah is Amotekun. No name for tigers because our forefathers didn't come across it.
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by 8stargeneral: 12:24pm On May 07, 2022
illicit:
U could have caught it alive shocked
hmmm...u say wetin..can u caught it alive
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by illicit(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2022
8stargeneral:
hmmm...u say wetin..can u caught it alive

Walahi I will try.... I just know that I may not kill it, it's worth more alive
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by SEGLIZ: 12:26pm On May 07, 2022
CandyOps:
Wow! That's not a crocodile that's a Lacosté wink

The skin go fit produce at least 1 sharp leather belt
lacoste isn't an animal but a fashion line that use a crocodile for its logo.

2 Likes

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Socmillionaire: 12:28pm On May 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
abeg OP, rephrase that to BABY crocodile...(comparable to a giant lizard)

Its a west african dwarf crocodile.

Doesn't grow much bigger than this.
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by NnamdiN: 12:33pm On May 07, 2022
You killed something you could have used to start a mini zoo at your backyard embarassed
5k every day from minimum of 10 persons is over 100k a month cry
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by 8stargeneral: 12:39pm On May 07, 2022
illicit:

Walahi I will try.... I just know that I may not kill it, it's worth more alive
what if it try to harm u
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Aroyjunior(m): 12:41pm On May 07, 2022
CandyOps:
Wow! That's not a crocodile that's a Lacosté wink

The skin go fit produce at least 1 sharp leather belt
Sincerely you are funny,Lacoste��������

1 Like

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by 77up(m): 12:42pm On May 07, 2022
Omihanifa:
The way reptiles they always appear from nowhere during heavy rainfall remains a mystery to me. Does it mean that we are living in danger?

Some years back during a two day rainfall in Lagos. Some estates in ajah and lekki were seeing crocodile and phytons
I heard that (though it sounds primitive) something like snakes , snail, crocks ,worms, fish and the likes normally fall when there is heavy rain.
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by illicit(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2022
8stargeneral:
what if it try to harm u

Haha it's small now

I won't just use hands tho

I will use a forked stick, it can be done

The tail is very sharp
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2022
PlayerMeji:
Good...

I but I alone understandeth thee.

Thy meat hath grown lean and thy bread sour. Thou hath used the leviathan in thy stead.

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Larrysung(m): 12:43pm On May 07, 2022
supereagle:

Leopard is Ekun it has been proved by zoologists. No tiger in our environment. Cheetah is Amotekun. No name for tigers because our forefathers didn't come across it.
you want to tell me about my tribe! Na where you fvckd up be that. Now let me school you and make sure you put it to heart! Leopard is Amootekun; Cheetah is Owawa... And Tiger is called ekun. Do you know why Leopards are called Amo'to'ekun?

1 Like

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Ebdumi: 12:50pm On May 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
abeg OP, rephrase that to BABY crocodile...(comparable to a giant lizard)

Go put your hand for en mouth first

1 Like

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Juanmike(m): 12:52pm On May 07, 2022
duro4chang:
This one na Monitor lizard.
Olodo
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by ProfGday(m): 12:53pm On May 07, 2022
Jakumo:

Wow, you are such a brave warrior. Thank God there were five big stones nearby to kill that terrible one-foot-long living dinosaur. Unless I am mistaken you killed yourself a ferocious man-eating Brontosaurus in that epic battle. If you hadn't been there to save the day, this beast might have gone around the area eating dogs, children, cattle, and even our beloved herdsmen with reckless abandon until the army could be mobilized to end its reign of terror.

After prevailing in this thrilling life-and-death skirmish against such a hideous apparition, I am sure you must be very popular with the young women in your neighborhood. Everybody loves a hero, so please waste no time in impregnating all those adoring female fans as a matter of patriotic duty because our great nation deserves more generations of fearless crocodile destroyers like you.

Jakumo is back with his satirical rhymes...Nwamakpe really did a good job in holding the forth with mad vibes while you're away...

You remind me of how nairaland used to be before all these kids spoilt everything with garbage topics and frivolities.
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by barragan: 12:54pm On May 07, 2022
duro4chang:

Definitely a croc.
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by supereagle(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2022
Larrysung:

you want to tell me about my tribe! Na where you fvckd up be that. Now let me school you and make sure you put it to heart! Leopard is Amootekun; Cheetah is Owawa... And Tiger is called ekun. Do you know why Leopards are called Amo'to'ekun?

You missed it. Cheetah is not owawa. My father and I gunned down Owawa several times back then in in the early 80s- mid 80s. Owawa lived on the tree and it is a herbivore. I laughed at the people who call it cheetah here on nairaland. It barks like dogs in the bush in the night. Cheetah and leopard look alike, but there are different marks on their heads and face you can use to differentiate them. Cheetah is a big cat that live on flesh. Nat Geo wild always gives education on this. One Prof of zoology from OAU even delivered a lecture on this tiger you people wrongly gave Ekun. When Amotekun came up in Yoruba land, some people who knew corrected them, but they didn't listen.
Fauna of Yoruba land, tiger is not there, don't expect our forefathers to give names to animal that is not seen in their region or they did not encounter. I grew up to call tiger, Ekun too. Try and look for the paper on DO Fagunwa: delivered by Prof Badejo, (BSc Biology (Ife); MSc. Zoology (Ife); PhD Zoology, (Ife); Dip Env. Sci. & Tech. (Delft).
What's the English name for Etu then? Don't tell me it is called antelope.

1 Like

Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Gamesmart: 1:05pm On May 07, 2022
Silas6:
I Used a big Stone to kill this crocodile this morning at my work place. I thought that it was alligator or monitor lizard but on a closer examination we discovered that it is a baby crocodile.

That thing has double life oo! I hit it with more that five big stones before it finally died.

I dey fear o! I no fit chop am angry
I don carry am give aboki wink

Which locality/town is this?

I want to know where not to swim.
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by CaptMarvel(m): 1:06pm On May 07, 2022
If you meet the real one, you no go fit wait o grin
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Yello1(m): 1:08pm On May 07, 2022
Larrysung:
I doubt if that's a croc! Meanwhile, you can never find an alligator in Nigeria... Maybe in a zoo.
Hav u been to Brass in bayelsa? U will surely find alligators there
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by ufuosman(m): 1:10pm On May 07, 2022
U go enjoy dis meat inside egusi soup I swr
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by godwon01(m): 1:11pm On May 07, 2022
Obe (soup)
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Nnamaka1: 1:12pm On May 07, 2022
MrBachelor:
It was unnecessary to kill it since it neither posed a threat to you nor were you going to eat it.

It's our Natural instinct. What we don't understand, we must to kill and destroy
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Larrysung(m): 1:13pm On May 07, 2022
supereagle:

You missed it. Cheetah is not owawa. My father and I gunned down Owawa several times back then in in the early 80s- mid 80s. Owawa lived on the tree and it is herbivore. I laughed at the people who call it cheetah here on nairaland. It barks like dogs in the bush in night. One Prof of zoology from OAU even delivered a lecture on this tiger you people wrongly gave Ekun. When Amotekun came up in Yoruba land, some people who knew corrected them, but they didn't listen.
Fauna of Yoruba land, tiger is not there, don't expect our forefathers to give names to animal that is not seen in their region. I grew up to call tiger, Ekun too. Try and look for the paper on DO Fagunwa: delivered by Prof Badejo, (BSc Biology (Ife); MSc. Zoology (Ife); PhD Zoology, (Ife); Dip Env. Sci. & Tech. (Delft).
okay sir.. Maybe your zoologist friends should have proven to you that alligators are not in Nigeria. In fact, some researchers proved they don't exit in africa & parts of europ
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by ceejay80s(m): 1:14pm On May 07, 2022
duro4chang:
No be only monitor lizard, na class captain lizard
Re: See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall by Elidrisy20: 1:15pm On May 07, 2022
Na where you dey work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Monkeys Killed In My Village In Abia (Pictures) / 16th-Century Child Skeletons With Coins In Their Mouths Found In Poland (Graphic / Snakes That Bit Off More Than They Could Chew.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.