Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates (53822 Views)

New UK Visa Exempts Nigerian University Graduates / New UK Visa Exempts Graduates From Nigerian Universities / Nigeria Exempts American Citizens From Paying Biometric Service Charges For VISA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by Aolfooties(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2022
Prophylactic:
I don't expect Nigeria universities to be among for obvious reasons, how can undergraduate be at home for months in the name of ASUU and expect to produce the best of them.

This country is cursed unless the citizens wake up we will continue to be rated below par
I guess most people don't really know why ASUU keep going on strike. It's for a purpose like this, to have a well equipped university environment thereby producing quality graduates and rank high at it

2 Likes

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by BootyliciousBoy(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2022
Desperation at its peak shocked
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by laiperi: 2:26pm On May 07, 2022
Oyinbo think say na only dem get sense. You cannot accuse dem of brain drain raiding Nigerian university talents and they also drive market for their universities at the same time.

When we say make you confront your demons and make your country a beta place, you want readymade food don redi.

When pushed too far to the wall, you melt into the wall and put labels on - no where to run to. D smell na your bodi e dey.
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by shantti(m): 2:27pm On May 07, 2022
manikspears:

Can you see why UK exempted Nigerian graduates ?

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 07, 2022
chronique:
I see comments up there and sadly, I now know why they are exempting people with Nigerian degrees. See people commenting excitedly and not even understanding what they read.
It's so pathetic brother!

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by gulfer: 2:28pm On May 07, 2022
ASUU, see wetin una cause shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by papiilo(m): 2:28pm On May 07, 2022
yankeecoder:
In this age of remote work, you don't really have to migrate to work abroad sha, just find one peaceful state and a location with good internet, earn in dollars and spend in naira.
you must be a real nigga

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by christaddicted: 2:28pm On May 07, 2022
Coly2012:
proof of funding is a sure requirement.
Because man must dey chop before work go come.

See my signature
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by popesco123: 2:29pm On May 07, 2022
Read again

quote author=apexmall post=112586450]Shortcut to move out of Nigeria. I think they might reqest for proof of funding. Start saving [/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by WoundedLamb: 2:30pm On May 07, 2022
manikspears:

Well, it's obviously not about Nigeria. I don't think they specifically exempted Nigerian graduates. They're only picking from schools that are in the top 50 according to two ranking bodies and this already excludes thousands of schools around the world and implies citizens of many countries won't benefit from the new visa program. However, since these rankings change every year, it's up to the schools/countries to upgrade. If Nigerians are feeling specifically targeted, it's because they believe their schools can never make it to those list. Now, that's sad.

4 Likes

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by WoundedLamb: 2:30pm On May 07, 2022
vickydevoka:

The message wasn't clear enough. Buh I understood it immediately I read de heading

I see.

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by asiga(m): 2:31pm On May 07, 2022
Go and get a degree in any African country listed and japa. No long talk
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by Confirm4real(m): 2:32pm On May 07, 2022
Because Nigeria is shithole grin

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by nomenclature(m): 2:32pm On May 07, 2022
apexmall:

https://punchng.com/new-uk-visa-exempts-nigerian-university-graduates/
Those that are always defending the west, look well well,this how how they want your relationship to be like ,just like a master and slave relationship.
Will they still do this kind of condition for Chinese? Singaporeans? Japanese ,even south africans? Answer is NO.
Simply because their universities are top notch.
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by JoeEeL(m): 2:33pm On May 07, 2022
Idiotic nigerian graduates were happy UK was too ban IPOB not knowing that their hope for application to U.K for masters was already being extinguished by their slave masters.

What a life. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by advanceDNA: 2:33pm On May 07, 2022
Nigerians are already enjoying it by studying in the UK....because its the same two years post study visa..

they just decided to extended to some very few schools outside uk..

lets not blow it out of proportion....most schools in top countries did not make the list...

only almighty USA has plenty schools on the list...other few countries on the list have just one or two chools in the whole of the county

even Canada has just three schools on the list

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by BigDawsNet: 2:34pm On May 07, 2022
Dont except any value on our educational system

When mister of Education him flew to the UK to celebrate his kid graduation...

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 07, 2022
Itzteewhy:
When we have bad education system what do you expect

We don't actually. It's the administration that's bad. In terms of academics, you'll learn in the average Nigerian university, what you wouldn't learn in most African and small European countries.

Doing your undergraduate studies in Nigeria could be a miracle in disguise if not for ASUU strike. I write this with my full chest.
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by OgunkeelAllMod: 2:35pm On May 07, 2022
Naija uni na glorified secondary School ...infact the education system bequeathed to us in Africa is grossly substandard ..na wayo education system ..na Ogun go kill those white 'Chump' I no blame Dem Sha.. even black no fit rule themselves! undecided
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by vickydevoka(m): 2:36pm On May 07, 2022
pegix:
They want the best of the brains from some of the richest countries

Simple as abc

they simply mean we want chinese american and european migrants
No african uni Has ever made it to Times ranking top 200

For those that do say school of study doesnot matter in ur career

I just check unijos
E dey thousands behind 50 grin grin

Bet it with me...they go still.issue this visa for our doctors and nurses

Uk na werey wen it comes to stealing health care.plp
UJ de Bleep up

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by Corporate2020: 2:37pm On May 07, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
Lol

Where are the Afonja Oluwole rankings placing OAU, UI, FUTA, & even Redeemers University as top schools.

Afonja stupid die walahi

I dey come help you cure your mental illness.

Here I am.

The 1967 to 1970 lessons that we taught your grandparents are nightmares that have passed from generations to generations. You can never get out of the pains, sorrow, tears and blood that we left behind in your land. But, I don't expect you to develop psychiatric disorders over the pains of yesteryears

2 Likes

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by AjalaDtraveller(f): 2:37pm On May 07, 2022
Prophylactic:
I don't expect Nigeria universities to be among for obvious reasons, how can undergraduate be at home for months in the name of ASUU and expect to produce the best of them.

This country is cursed unless the citizens wake up we will continue to be rated below par
It's not ASUU. It's the low standard of education in Nigeria. This visa is for those whose university rank among the top 50 in the world.

2 Likes

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by SmartyPants(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2022
Pimine:

Aswearugaaad

If they knew the meaning of 'exempt' they wouldn't have to read the entire article to know that this is nothing to celebrate.

Actually exempt is meant to be used positively. It is the writer who erred by using that word.

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by tarantino1: 2:38pm On May 07, 2022
USA, Canada, China, Japan, Singapore, Australia, UK, Switzerland, and France are the only countries with universities in the top 50 positions.

So I don't know why you listed only Nigeria. It should be '... Nigeria and 100+ countries.'

They only want students from like-minded countries shikina.

3 Likes

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by Onyeziokwu(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2022
duduade:
UK the country of grabbers

Exactly, that's the best definition lol

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by SmartyPants(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2022
manikspears:

They didnt exempt Nigerian graduates. The right word is exclude.
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by brightovio007(m): 2:40pm On May 07, 2022
There was a country. Oh who bewitch our motherland. Retrogression is now the national anthem on the lips of her children, those who seek political power are egocentric in nature.
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by UNDFTD: 2:41pm On May 07, 2022
Now, for those of you who love and cherish your one Nigeria, the same UK government that wants you to remain and die in One Nigeria but yet discriminates against you as a Nigerian. No be juju be dat?

This is the statement it released:

"The visa – high potential individual visa, allows applicants to relocate to the UK without a prior job offer or sponsorship. Meanwhile, some of the requirements exempted those who graduated from Nigerian universities. The UK government had said that in order to qualify for the HPI visa, applicants needed to have been awarded a degree from an overseas university. The university has to be one of the top global universities as published in the global universities list by the Home Office."

If your country is that great, why would it make a distinction between graduates of your colleges and universities and those of other countries? Apparently, it knows that your country is a failed state and it continues to make sure that you continue to remain in a failed state. But the sad part about it is that it wants your generation to fail just like you...meaning your country would forever be a failure. Think about it. Wake up folks, the hand writing is on the wall starring you in the face, even Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles could see it. UK government does not care iota about you, your future or your country other than what it benefits from your country.

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by Ashirioluwa: 2:42pm On May 07, 2022
Nigerian graduates not qualified to apply

1 Like

Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by crowther15(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2022
Corporate2020:
Of course nah. They want people who graduate between 3 to 4 years, not people who use 6 years to do 4 years courses because ASUU is permanently on Strike.

You mean permanent strike. You're such a joker.
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by OgunkeelAllMod: 2:43pm On May 07, 2022
emmykk:
UK this UK that...if Nigeria is working fine all this condition will be relax...but here is pit of hell
na naija Satan sited the HELL FIRE!
Re: UK Visa Exempts Nigerian Graduates by BafanaBafana: 2:44pm On May 07, 2022
"Exclude"would have been more appropriate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Explosion In Ibadan (Photos) / Karu Waterfall Abuja: Is This The Most Beautiful Waterfall In Nigeria? (Photos) / These Are The Three Best Seats On An Airplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.