Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs (30728 Views)

Abuja & Lagos Airports To Resume Domestic Flight Operations On July 8 / COVID-19: Air Peace To Suspend Operations On Friday / Uber Drivers May Go On Strike In Lagos On Monday Over VIO Clampdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Tzar(m): 5:54am On May 07, 2022
I doubt if evil Nigerian politicians & civil servants can allow this happen. They can’t dare ply Nigerian roads.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:47am On May 07, 2022
decub:

Looks like it's just Arik that will enforce this afterall because I just checked about 4 airlines and it's only Arik that doesn't have flight on Monday.

On your friends passport, she can only wait; it will come out eventually. A friend's was delayed for almost 8 months before it came out.
This country needs to be sold to slavery once and for all.

The end time seems to begin in Nigeria. Very few people like you are sane. The rest have long sold their sanity for salt and tea leaves.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:48am On May 07, 2022
nedekid:

Ahhh, don't bother yourself trying to..
That's the irony of naija, things are hard to make sense of. undecided
How hard are things for you? I mean, rate it on a scale of 1 to 10.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Psoul(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2022
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Nobody: 6:59am On May 07, 2022
Meeenah:

WHY CAN'T THEY REFINE THEIR OWN FUEL. Aviation fuel that you know is very important for your business, they should have been producing it locally by themselves since.

The cost would still be high because the local refineries would still have to buy crude at international prices...which are high due to the global situation.....

(Yes, crude produced here would still be sold at or close to international prices...)
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Baselm: 7:24am On May 07, 2022
What is the shut down expected to address? Should the government subsidize the aviation fuel for them to use for their business or is the FG the one fixing the international oil prices?

They are already charging abnormally high prices and are looking for further opportunities to increase price.

Flight prices increased after the COVID, they refused to return it only to increase it about 2 months ago, now they are shutting down. Let's see how long they can sustain a shut down.
#Nonsense, Greedy capitalists.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by nedekid: 8:05am On May 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
How hard are things for you? I mean, rate it on a scale of 1 to 10.
Maybe 2.
And you?
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Harrisonwo(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2022
2saviourfriday9:
That's Very nice then call that buhari to come fly to another kontry make i see

Even if A1 fuel is #2000/litre, e go still fly. Highest na to borrow money use for fuel

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Harrisonwo(m): 8:32am On May 07, 2022
ufotunang:
It's good so the politicians will not travel out of the country for foreign medical treatment and their children cannot go to abroad to school...they school here in nigeria

It doesn't affect international airlines
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2022
Honestly, I am blessed, bro. I do not lack any material things at the moment. It is just by his grace. I am totally fine. All that I lack is my family around me. I would love to see them more often.
Free from senile love stories too. I do not mingle, so no tingle. Just me and my God.

Though 2 isn't so bad a place to be especially in this country, I pray that you be free of it pretty soon.
nedekid:

Maybe 2.
And you?
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Buckeyemedia1: 9:29am On May 07, 2022
spartan50:
Mehn this country is really going from top to bottom in just 7 years. And people are still wanting apc to rule this country. We as a nation will never learn until it’s too late. But we must fight to put the right people in power
Stop deceiving yourself, What is the difference between APC & PDP, more than half of the criminals that paid 100 million Naira for presidential form were former pdp members.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Tundex911: 9:29am On May 07, 2022
I no dey surprise tho

Shey no be bubu administration?

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Cognitivereason: 9:29am On May 07, 2022
lexy2014:

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 buckeyemedia1 Nigerialabalaba blackpanda vedaxcool NGpatriot presidency lovenorth officialgarri seunmsg helineus leodeking splitmind princemajestic heebrahim2....

We can all see where buhari and osinbajo have led us to. Pls continue singing their praises as they keep surpassing their failures

and I thought u were wiser than this
you of all people should know dat the price of aviation fuel or any fuel aside petrol has little to nothing to do with govt. as it is an imported product whose price is determined by where ever marketers get the product from(international price)

if the prices soar to N1,000 the airlines will have to adjust their air ticket prices in respect to the price of their fuel.
or are u indirectly saying FG should now subsidize aviation fuel for airlines to operate.
of all the 200 million folks in nigeria , how many people fly that Govt should intervene with subsidies.

The only thing u can use to bash government is on forex not aviation price fuel price.
it is also unwise for u to use the excuse of not producing the product locally through our refineries as a reason for the soar in, as it is obvious it will still sell close to that price. cuz refineries will buy crude at the international price and sell it derivatives at the same inter national price.except u want govt to spend more and subsidize just like the way 3 trillion is spent to subsidize petrol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Cognitivereason: 9:31am On May 07, 2022
spartan50:
Mehn this country is really going from top to bottom in just 7 years. And people are still wanting apc to rule this country. We as a nation will never learn until it’s too late. But we must fight to put the right people in power

so when PDP take over ..u expect thing to be much better
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Chicastle: 9:32am On May 07, 2022
kennethfranc:
What happens to those that have booked already?
F**k Nigeria

If you have booked a ticket, it still remains valid until the Airline starts its operation with free of day change charges
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by nedekid: 10:34am On May 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Honestly, I am blessed, bro. I do not lack any material things at the moment. It is just by his grace. I am totally fine. All that I lack is my family around me. I would love to see them more often.
Free from senile love stories too. I do not mingle, so no tingle. Just me and my God.

Though 2 isn't so bad a place to be especially in this country, I pray that you be free of it pretty soon.
Thanks for your kind words and prayer.
May almighty grant your wishes to bring your family closer to you.
Family is everything.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by BigBashiru: 11:06am On May 07, 2022
openmine:

Lets even assume without conceding that an airplane can accommodate such number...
Will the company not pay the workers who include the engineers,the pilots,the servicing of the planes,and also the multiple taxations they pay to the FG?
Why not tackle the issue at hand that caused the increment instead of trying to look for a way whereby passengers are parked like sardine inside an airplane!
Your illogical suggestion is tantamount to asking a bus driver to congest his bus with more passengers as a way of reducing the transport fare despite a humongous hike in the price of PMS!
Just incase you dont know which i have corrected in your statement,an airplane uses aviation fuel or jet fuel not PMS!

They should go on strike. No one will fly again. Most people aren't flying again sef.... soon dem go dey fly empty plane. Hahahaha
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Sixfiguresmart(m): 11:20am On May 07, 2022
Thank you, bro.
Sad that as we get older, activities of life take us different directions. I recently visited my sister, and all I got was 2 weeks. We last saw way before the covid-19. I have four more trips to make to complete the cycle. Have to see my mom this year by all means. Hope to get my visa in time. My aunties, and cousins etc I miss them all.
As one ages, some things matter more than money. I would love to axe the pedal in this plantation at 45.
nedekid:

Thanks for your kind words and prayer.
May almighty grant your wishes to bring your family closer to you.
Family is everything.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by openmine(m): 11:29am On May 07, 2022
BigBashiru:

They should go on strike. No one will fly again. Most people aren't flying again sef.... soon dem go dey fly empty plane. Hahahaha
Is that your solution to the problem of over hiked aviation fuel?
U are not an employer or business inclined so i doubt if you will ever understand what the airline companies are going through!
When they stop flying and there are no changes or intervention from government,other countries with better prospects will take them!
You now wonder why multibillionaire companies will overlook Nigeria to other developing countries like Ghana and Rwanda...Keep supporting terrible government policies that have driven companies away from the shores of the country! smh
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by BigBashiru: 11:51am On May 07, 2022
openmine:

U are not an employer or business inclined so i doubt if you will ever understand what the airline companies are going through!
When they stop flying and there are no changes or intervention from government,other countries with better prospects will take them!
You now wonder why multibillionaire companies will overlook Nigeria to other developing countries like Ghana and Rwanda...Keep supporting terrible government policies that have driven companies away from the shores of the country! smh

All airlines should be grounded so that people will be forced to use the road so that the menaces on the road would be cleared.
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by lexy2014: 12:05pm On May 07, 2022
Cognitivereason:

and I thought u were wiser than this
you of all people should know dat the price of aviation fuel or any fuel aside petrol has little to nothing to do with govt. as it is an imported product whose price is determined by where ever marketers get the product from(international price)

if the prices soar to N1,000 the airlines will have to adjust their air ticket prices in respect to the price of their fuel.
or are u indirectly saying FG should now subsidize aviation fuel for airlines to operate.
of all the 200 million folks in nigeria , how many people fly that Govt should intervene with subsidies.

The only thing u can use to bash government is on forex not aviation price fuel price.
it is also unwise for u to use the excuse of not producing the product locally through our refineries as a reason for the soar in, as it is obvious it will still sell close to that price. cuz refineries will buy crude at the international price and sell it derivatives at the same inter national price.except u want govt to spend more and subsidize just like the way 3 trillion is spent to subsidize petrol

Wiseman, which fuel subsidy are u talking about? Is it the same one that buhari said is a fraud or is there another one?

Can u pls use your wisdom to explain how forex is connected to all of this?
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by openmine(m): 12:10pm On May 07, 2022
BigBashiru:

All airlines should be grounded so that people will be forced to use the road so that the menaces on the road would be cleared.
Prevarication at its peak! smh
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Funkybabee(f): 12:27pm On May 07, 2022
lebete3000:

Go cook with Petrol na.
Shebi that one na #250/L

grin
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by spartan50(m): 12:32pm On May 07, 2022
Cognitivereason:

so when PDP take over ..u expect thing to be much better
my statement right people not party
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by spartan50(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Stop deceiving yourself, What is the difference between APC & PDP, more than half of the criminals that paid 100 million Naira for presidential form were former pdp members.
I said people not party
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by spartan50(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2022
ufotunang:
..abi.. nigerians never learn.. majority of nigerins still supporting and want to vote for APC in this 2023 election
they are hungry looking for 5k to eat
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by UCHIHAmask: 12:34pm On May 07, 2022
haconjy:
UN does not see this APC/ Buhari dictatorship and people sufferings but they can call IPOB terrorist.

The UN are worst than Buhari.
Check again! They didn't call IPOB "terrorists",it was just a twist and misinterpretation, they've now officially made a clarification
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by UCHIHAmask: 12:37pm On May 07, 2022
spartan50:
God! I hate Nigerian youths..
There is no right person or party,the system of government/constitution has to be changed..

ISN'T IT FU*KING CLEAR ALREADY??
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by BigBashiru: 12:49pm On May 07, 2022
openmine:

Ghana and Rwanda are developed first world countries while Britain and France are 3rd world countries.....
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Cognitivereason: 1:19pm On May 07, 2022
lexy2014:

Wiseman, which fuel subsidy are u talking about? Is it the same one that buhari said is a fraud or is there another one?

dont be cynical .. petrol is being subsidized.. and it a day light fraud as politicians secretely benefit.. but NNPC has no choice

read to understand

i said u can only bash government on forex issues not aviation fuel prices which they have no control over through subsidies..

..and u want me to seriously explain how forex is connected to a commodity dat is imported and isnt paid with naira? undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs by Cognitivereason: 1:20pm On May 07, 2022
lexy2014:

dont be cynical .. petrol is being subsidized.. and it a day light fraud as politicians secretely benefit.. but NNPC has no choice

always read to understand
i said u can only bash government on forex issues not aviation fuel prices which they have no control over through subsidies..

..and u want me to seriously explain how forex is connected to a commodity dat is imported and isnt paid with naira? undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash / 11 Mistakes To Avoid When Boarding A Taxicab / Terrible Car Accident Around National Theatre, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.