Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash (30734 Views)

7 Types Of People You Meet On An Airplane / Dana Airplane Crash With 152 People / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 24, 2014
Came across this Article while checking my email and I believe it will be very useful to those of us who travel by air almost all the time wink

LONDON (AP) — Each day, 8.3 million people around the globe step aboard some 93,500 flights. They almost always land safely.

But in the rare chance of a crash, there are some things passengers can do to improve their odds of surviving. British Airways offers frequent fliers a half-day safety awareness
course. Among the tips offered there:

— During the safety demonstration, count the number of rows to the nearest exit. Then count the number of rows to the second nearest exit, remembering that it might be behind you.

— Next, practice putting on and taking off your seatbelt to build muscle memory. Check where your life vest is and touch it.

— Learn the proper brace position: Bend forward as far as possible, keep your head down. Place your feet flat on the floor and slide them back. Your dominant hand goes on the back of your head. Protect that hand by placing the other hand over it. Do not interlock fingers. The goal is to ensure that the bones in the stronger hand aren't broken so you can eventually unbuckle the seatbelt.

—Red lights always signal an exit because the color cuts through smoke the best.

— Once an evacuation order is given, seconds count. Move quickly to the nearest exit and jump down a slide. If you hesitate, the flight attendants will push you out.

— Always inflate life vests outside the plane. They can limit mobility in a tight space. Or, if water fills the cabin, passengers with inflated vests can be pressed up against the ceiling, unable to swim down to the door.

https://uk.m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/frontpage/news/tips-surviving-airplane-crash-144941161.html?.b=%2Findex&.intl=GB&.lang=en-gb

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Extom(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
The only way to survive plane crash; Don't Board!!!

MODIFIED
I am guessing the good people of this our LAND thought I wouldn't come back to celebrate this epic feat. YOU LIE cheesy
You know that feeling you get when there are thousands of applicants, but you still manage to land the job? gbam!!! That is me right now grin

103 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Baddo101(m): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
tips for surviving a plane crash. Get an african insurance. aka kanako,ofe,gbekude,.....lol..

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 24, 2014
Extom: The only way to survive plane crash; Don't Board!!!

So if US govt decides to offer you a job and need you to be there b4 5 day's time how do you go over there??

Wow!!!! I made FP. Dancing Skelewu mix wit Shoki grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Extom(m): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Stelvin101:

So if US govt decides to offer you a job and need you to be there b4 5 day's time how do you go over there??
Ask those "pilots" in the village!!! grin grin grin

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by shakol91(m): 11:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
@MOD, front page material and let's see what nairalanders have to say. Now my comment: we should keep watching films like Air Force 1,Executive Decision etc.
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 24, 2014
Baddo101: tips for surviving a plane crash. Get an african insurance. aka kanako,ofe,gbekude,.....lol..
Funny but true !! ..... And if you use the one that will just drop you inside Sambisa Forest , OYO is ur case !!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by tdayof(m): 11:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
shakol91: @MOD, front page material and let's see what nairalanders have to say. Now my comment: we should keep watching films like Air Force 1,Executive Decision etc.
looks like u know much about aviation movies! a beg keep listing dem gat to dwnld wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Baddo101(m): 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
donroxy: Funny but true !! ..... And if you use the one that will just drop you inside Sambisa Forest , OYO is ur case !!
u make use of d african insurance to land u in anoda place dat is if it doesnt land u in a zoo or middle of Red sea........Lol..

1 Like

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2014
Extom:
Ask those "pilots" in the village!!! grin grin grin

Lmfao. You be reli Yimu I swear. Hahahahahaha.you go hang one day if don't stop using such flight wink

4 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by balogundayo(m): 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Promising nd educative... Its mostly good for thr knowledge of it nd preparation for anything...
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by reedbam: 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Or drop the plane to 8000ft non stop

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by SlimSkipper(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
for ur mind, easier said than done wink

6 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by sibepoc(m): 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Okay, wait make I tell my people wey dey plane

1 Like

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by QMark: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Funny how everything in this world has "tips".

15 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by igbsam(m): 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2014
IF I hear. OP, you for show us real life demonstration na.

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by calmdude(m): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
Noted! Brace position grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
SlimSkipper: f
Are we learning abc here.

4 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by manny4life(m): 4:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
Good tips, but during a crash, everyone is in such a panic that they forget all these tips. My prayer is that for as long as I live or you live, you will NEVER witness plane crash. Amen..

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by constance500: 4:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
No time.. Just jump out.. grin
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Blackchampion(m): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
What should i comment now?
Ok! nice tips
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by adonbilivit: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
number one tip should be: pray and believe in God first coz when it happens your brain go format. u no go even remember any tip except prayer

15 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Blackchampion(m): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
constance500: No time.. Just jump out.. grin
Then RIP if without Parachute
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by coldsummer: 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
[size=15pt]how nany times thus topic go come fp[/size]

1 Like

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
There's no tip! U wld DIE!!!
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by AriDsexy(f): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hold tight to your parashute...infact,it should be like a second skin grin best tip ever,any kind of danger,jump out!
Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by jmoore(m): 4:53pm On Sep 26, 2014
You are kidding, right

Once an evacuation order is given, seconds count. Move quickly to the nearest exit and jump down a slide. If you hesitate, the flight attendants will push you out
Jump into the ocean, right?

3 Likes

Re: Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash by Ibrowski(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
The only surviving tip is GOD

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs / Terrible Car Accident Around National Theatre, Lagos (photos) / 11 Mistakes To Avoid When Boarding A Taxicab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.