Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Advice!... Which Glasses Should I Buy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advice!... Which Glasses Should I Buy? (707 Views)

How To Know If You Need Glasses / Are You Still Using Eye Glasses? See This / Where Can I Sell Reading Glasses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice!... Which Glasses Should I Buy? by Quim2: 8:35pm On May 06, 2022
Hi

Please i need some advice on buying a Photochromic computer reading glasses Online as I'm confused by it's many variants.

Please understand why I am bringing this here and not to a doctor..

Nigerian Opticians/doctors are mostly overrated thus if your health condition gets complicated they get confused, misdiagnose and eventually abandon you after charging exorbitant fees. This has been my predicament for 2 years with my painful dry eyes and blurry vision which is worsening slowly.

I'm so tired of useless eye drops and expensive glasses that never last. I quit after one told me to bring 100k for eye investigation after paying over 60k for advanced check up.

One thing I have noticed is that the same glasses these doctors are selling so expensively are ridiculously cheap on the open market and that's where i go now to find what i need since i know the nature of my problem.

The problem is my digital devices!

My business is online and I can be on my Laptop and tablet phone for over 16 hours everyday so what i really needs is a glasses that can cut out both the brightness of the screens and the blue rays/gamma rays emitted

Simply put, a photochromic blue Ray blocking lens with a very dark tint that darkens even more (80%) outdoors which seems so hard to get.
I think i have finally found one online but my confusion is with the variants.

Clara Vida Photochromic Grey Reading Glasses Anti Blue Ray +0.75 To +4

https://www./clara-vida-photochromic-grey-reading-glasses-anti-blue-ray0.75to4-69705590.html

That glasses has numbered variations ranging from +0.75 to +4.00

Please what does this mean? Is this an indication of an increase in the Photochromic (darkening) capability of the lens?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: Advice!... Which Glasses Should I Buy? by Quim2: 11:33am On May 07, 2022
Help
Re: Advice!... Which Glasses Should I Buy? by Healthyway15: 8:08am On May 26, 2022
Quim2:
Hi

Please i need some advice on buying a Photochromic computer reading glasses Online as I'm confused by it's many variants.

Please understand why I am bringing this here and not to a doctor..

Nigerian Opticians/doctors are mostly overrated thus if your health condition gets complicated they get confused, misdiagnose and eventually abandon you after charging exorbitant fees. This has been my predicament for 2 years with my painful dry eyes and blurry vision which is worsening slowly.

I'm so tired of useless eye drops and expensive glasses that never last. I quit after one told me to bring 100k for eye investigation after paying over 60k for advanced check up.

One thing I have noticed is that the same glasses these doctors are selling so expensively are ridiculously cheap on the open market and that's where i go now to find what i need since i know the nature of my problem.

The problem is my digital devices!

My business is online and I can be on my Laptop and tablet phone for over 16 hours everyday so what i really needs is a glasses that can cut out both the brightness of the screens and the blue rays/gamma rays emitted

Simply put, a photochromic blue Ray blocking lens with a very dark tint that darkens even more (80%) outdoors which seems so hard to get.
I think i have finally found one online but my confusion is with the variants.

Clara Vida Photochromic Grey Reading Glasses Anti Blue Ray +0.75 To +4

https://www./clara-vida-photochromic-grey-reading-glasses-anti-blue-ray0.75to4-69705590.html

That glasses has numbered variations ranging from +0.75 to +4.00

Please what does this mean? Is this an indication of an increase in the Photochromic (darkening) capability of the lens?

Thanks in advance for your response.

As tears help to maintain a nourishing and moisturizing cover over your eyes, dry eye syndrome occurs when there's not enough good tears to lubricate the eyes sufficiently. And blurry vision is one of the primary symptoms of dry eyes, as too dry eyes due to poor tear production, can cause blurry vision.

Avoiding smoking, reducing screen time if possible, taking some certain essential vitamins in case you're having dietary insufficiency, and drinking more water may all contribute to keeping your eyes hydrated and healthy.

In moderate or severe case, eye drops and glasses don't treat dry eyes. And the overall health of your eyes is at risk for serious complications such as vision loss, decreased quality of life if it's left untreated properly over a particular period of time.

However, chronic dry eye is treatable; once the dry eye is treated, the blurred vision will go away, and you should be able to see clearly once again. Proper treatment for dry eyes causing blurry vision is targeted towards improving healthy tear production or stop your tears from quickly draining away, and treating inflammation that is leading to dry eyes and blurry vision.

For enquiry, you can check my signature.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

15 Commonest Drugs Nigerians Abuse: Their Side Effects And Dangers / Loss 10 Kg In 30 Days Or Money Back / How To Lose Pregnancy Weight Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.