Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,792 members, 7,824,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors (23164 Views)

Atiku/Wike Face Off Divides PDP In Cross River State / Zoning Of 2023 Presidency Divides PDP Govs, Federal Lawmakers / Ondo Deputy Governor Divides PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by pharmagba: 9:48am On May 07, 2022
michlins:
Obi will not win the primary even if he has to the CBN. Dude is too frugal with funds and that's what we need in Nigeria unfortunately we're too hungry to make the right decision. Even the rich are too hungry for to use their sense.

Atiku is most likely going to pick up the ticket and that will unsettle APC because they will need a Northerner and a good Moslem to counter whoever PDP will bring.

Anyway I sell iron doors and stuff
That's what I keep telling everybody who care to listen.
Obi has never been givien to spending. His emergence as APGA candidate was simply because Ojukwu lifted his hand as the annoited one. He thought it's is that easy
He should be advised to go and align with a veteran who can spend to achieve the goal. I had thought much before now he should have align with Wike or Kwankwaso of Kano or even one of the great billionaires who will spearhead is candidature.

He is not a strategic thinker as he may make us believe
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by NairaMaster1(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2022
Tonypens48:
From the look of things, the battle line will be drawn between Atiku and Peter Obi.
Obi stands a greater chance if the ticket is given to the south. Atiku on the other end might just be one overrated individual that might not scale through the primaries.
Any other aside these two are only for the publicity. smiley

All the best....

Kindly check my signature for your Academic research.

Kikikikikiki

How do you think abokis and Yoruba muslims will leave Atiku for Obi. I would have loved Obi but the North always go for their own. Obi will ebd up as his Vice.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Chuksmill(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2022
Flesh and bones didn't reveal these things to you, O wise one
adolfHitler1934:
Between the two evils, PDP and APC, there's a lesser one, the PDP.
Ordinarily power should return to the South (South East) but for PDP to gain power at the center and recover this already sunk ship it has to allow someone like Atiku to be it's candidate. It is only him for now because of the large followership he has in the vast population of the North, not that he is more competent than Obi. He and Obi can team up and salvage this country together.
Nyesom Wike is good in some aspect of leadership, he is a fearless politician but lacks the civility and too uncouth for someone to preside over a complex entity like Nigeria.

Whatever the case may be, PDP should try and wrestle power from the evil and wicked APC, return the country to the part of economic growth and prosperity. Let those whose life time ambition is to become president be stopped by fire by force because another 8 years of misrule and medical tourism will finally sink this country to an irrecoverable state.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by frenzzy2(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2022
Tonypens48:
From the look of things, the battle line will be drawn between Atiku and Peter Obi.
Obi stands a greater chance if the ticket is given to the south. Atiku on the other end might just be one overrated individual that might not scale through the primaries.
Any other aside these two are only for the publicity. smiley

All the best....

I swear they are just overrating him I know for sure he won't scale through
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by abobote: 10:03am On May 07, 2022
They should give Atiku the ticket or remain opposition forever
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Chuksmill(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2022
Because Obi was his running mate
MikoB:

He normally bully them in pdp with money, but this time around Wike is ready, my only fear is that, where are we heading to with this, is what I don't know. Atiku only has money structure, his acceptance rate among the electorates is so low, he only did well the last time because of some circumstances.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by eeetuk(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2022
"A source within the party, who spoke with our correspondent, stated that “In a free and fair contest, Obi is the most acceptable candidate. He enjoys nationwide acceptance, even across party lines. His sound economic management and proven integrity is working in his favour."

100 % a lie!
Who is Peter Obi?
Last time he ran as Atiku VP, all the northern Nigeria states abandoned the ticket in favor president Mohammadu Buhari. Peter Obi is a southeast politician and not beyond that. My prediction is former vice president would be elected president of Nigeria in 2023 unless he picks Ibo person as his VP . An Ibo person is seen by many nigerians as too polarized ---making them unacceptable. So, my advice to Mr. Atiku Abubakar is look for VP from south/south or southwest if he is serous to become the next president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by colon(m): 11:25am On May 07, 2022
PDP primaries is not presidential election oooo. Voting does not happen on nairaland, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the likes. Voting takes place at the poling units. How many people here campaigning for candidates can mobilize electorates to come-out on election day and vote!!! Ironically they will sit behind their keypad, shouting election has been rigged, Nigeria is a failed state, marginalization, & those craps.
If PDP want to have a big shot at winning the presidential election, VOTING STRENGTH/NUMBERS, very very important. Forget those rhetorics!!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by forayfleo(m): 11:25am On May 07, 2022
People talk about Atiku and Obi hating Wike who formed the party again

The reason Nigeria kept falling
Obi have a party called APGA and swear with is mouth that without APGA no other party exist and come back to PDP to Aspire for presidency

If Nigerians so love him why not ask him to Aspire with thesame APGA he used to bcame the Governor

Till now is state is still controlled by APGA yet you want my state to give him 70% vote to bcome the President lets see how it will go.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by petrage(m): 11:44am On May 07, 2022
adolfHitler1934:
Between the two evils, PDP and APC, there's a lesser one, the PDP.
Ordinarily power should return to the South (South East) but for PDP to gain power at the center and recover this already sunk ship it has to allow someone like Atiku to be it's candidate. It is only him for now because of the large followership he has in the vast population of the North, not that he is more competent than Obi. He and Obi can team up and salvage this country together.
Nyesom Wike is good in some aspect of leadership, he is a fearless politician but lacks the civility and too uncouth for someone to preside over a complex entity like Nigeria.

Whatever the case may be, PDP should try and wrestle power from the evil and wicked APC, return the country to the part of economic growth and prosperity. Let those whose life time ambition is to become president be stopped by fire by force because another 8 years of misrule and medical tourism will finally sink this country to an irrecoverable state.
I laugh when people say Atiku is popular in the North. The man is overrated and has no electoral value just money to sway party delegates.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Duru009(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2022
If Obi wins although he is good candidate PDP will loss but if Atiku or Saraki wins PDP will have an edge over other candidates.....

But if Atiku pars with Obi, they win the presidential election come 2023....

Another permutation, If TINUBU falls to click APC ticket that will be the end of that PARTY in Nigeria irrespective of whoever Buhari endorses.......

Bookmark this space, and watch out !!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by adolfHitler1934: 11:52am On May 07, 2022
petrage:
Atiku is not popular in the North. The man is overrated and has no electoral value.
Says Tinubu supporter.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Timfreds(m): 11:54am On May 07, 2022
The APC ticket may likely go to Tinubu. And the only person that can withstand him in PDP is Atiku.
I don't care whether South or North, let APC go for the sake of Nigerians wellbeing.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by sheun92(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2022
We are watching.....

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by belcom10(m): 12:01pm On May 07, 2022
grin wrong permutation . Atiku is going no where.

michlins:
Obi will not win the primary even if he has to the CBN. Dude is too frugal with funds and that's what we need in Nigeria unfortunately we're too hungry to make the right decision. Even the rich are too hungry for to use their sense.

Atiku is most likely going to pick up the ticket and that will unsettle APC because they will need a Northerner and a good Moslem to counter whoever PDP will bring.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by yomi531(m): 12:30pm On May 07, 2022
michlins:

So u mean it only takes a Muslim/ Northerner to win Presidential Election in naija?. U must be joking dude

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by michlins(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2022
yomi531:
So u mean it only takes a Muslim/ Northerner to win Presidential Election in naija?. U must be joking dude
the South and Christians aren't yet to drag power. How can you convince SE to register and vote enmasse
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:24pm On May 07, 2022
eziemich:
It's crystal clear that Peter Obi so far is the best candidate in PDP now, but giving Peter Obi ticket is one thing, then Peter Obi winning the presidential election is another thing which is the most important thing. Though I'm an Igbo man but Pdp should give the ticket to a northerner so as to stand a chance of getting back power from these demons in Apc. Wike or Peter Obi cannot get enough votes in the north to win the presidential election but Atiku or Tambuwal can.

A SE/SS man cannot get block votes from the North but you think a Northerner will get from the SE/SS in 2023?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:27pm On May 07, 2022
kelly72:
Peter Obi is the best PDP aspirant going into the 2023 presidential primaries. But if PDP really wants to be sworn in in 2023, they must sacrifice Obi in favour of Atiku Abubakar, that is pragmatism over idealism.

APC is not fielding Buhari again and nobody in that party can boast of Buhari's popularity in the North, so they are praying and fasting that PDP doesn't choose Atiku. They know that in the absence of Buhari on the ballot, the North is a clean sweep for Atiku, so also SE and SS.

Atiku can never win the North West and the North Central. He is nobody there. Only money. The SE/SS will vote PDP only if they give us, precisely the SE the ticket.
Remember again that APC personified themselves as failure for 8 years.

Obi is 61 and needs a little more time to make more political in-road into the North. Being VP between 2023 and 2027 can get the North well attuned to his brand of politics as they stand to benefit even more from his contributions to economic policy.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by MikoB: 1:35pm On May 07, 2022
Chuksmill:
Because Obi was his running mate

One of the reasons.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by JAMO4REAL1(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2022
I dey look, u people are just mention Atiku do u want fulani again another 8years hunnnnm God will save us, even some northern they don't want fulani again, (fulani back to back) 16 years
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by olatuns2017: 2:14pm On May 07, 2022
Kwanza:
…moves to sway non-PDP states to his favour

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/presidency-atiku-divides-pdp-govs/

PDP ticket for Southeast
APC ticket for Southwest
Because you can't work for MTN and expect salary from Glo.
Let's be sincere to ourselves.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by petrage(m): 5:14pm On May 07, 2022
adolfHitler1934:
Says Tinubu supporter.
Rather than counter me with facts, In your very warp and myopic reasoning I am Pro Tinubu because of my assertion on Atiku? Really pathetic...
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Richardonald(m): 6:16pm On May 07, 2022
kelly72:
Peter Obi is the best PDP aspirant going into the 2023 presidential primaries. But if PDP really wants to be sworn in in 2023, they must sacrifice Obi in favour of Atiku Abubakar, that is pragmatism over idealism.

APC is not fielding Buhari again and nobody in that party can boast of Buhari's popularity in the North, so they are praying and fasting that PDP doesn't choose Atiku. They know that in the absence of Buhari on the ballot, the North is a clean sweep for Atiku, so also SE and SS.
Remember again that APC personified themselves as failure for 8 years.

Obi is 61 and needs a little more time to make more political in-road into the North. Being VP between 2023 and 2027 can get the North well attuned to his brand of politics as they stand to benefit even more from his contributions to economic policy.

oga you Sabi politics no be lie....

That's what gave osinbajo edge over the rest Apc aspirant, Obi need to go for vp before aspiring to rule this country
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 07, 2022
I just have a bad feeling that this man could be president after the mannequin in Asorock
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by chijos12: 8:17pm On May 07, 2022
Atiku as president,Peter Obi as vice president.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by nameo: 10:48pm On May 07, 2022
Ibkhaleel:
I laugh at southerners ...you think voting is online? Who is Obi who knows him? The north wil always decide the president! And Obi and his likes in the south are irrelevant here....keep fooling yourselves online..PDP will LOSE if it gives its ticket to any zone with a lower voting strength. Politics is a game of numbers, not sentiments

Did the north determine who won in 207, 2011 and 2015?

Asking for a fwend
Re: 2023 Presidency: Atiku Divides PDP Governors by Ibkhaleel: 11:35pm On May 07, 2022
nameo:

Did the north determine who won in 207, 2011 and 2015?

Asking for a fwend
The north have been patient with you guys and have allowed you enjoyed the benefits of rotation and closed our eyes to the Inec sagas of turning down real winners ...

But

Now we have open our ears your evil nature have become evidently clear to us...we wil never allow you fools smell

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Disowns Security Advisory In Circulation / Tinubu Offers Fresh Appointment To Ganduje’s Son / Peter Obi Misses NEDG Debate As Campaign Blames Hitches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.