Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Why It Is Important To Flush Your Car Engine Regularly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why It Is Important To Flush Your Car Engine Regularly (814 Views)

11 Things You Should Check In Your Car Regularly / 10 Important Things To Check Regularly In Your Car / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Important To Flush Your Car Engine Regularly by perfectbuy(m): 4:41pm On May 07, 2022
The engine is a vehicle’s beating heart, responsible for converting fuel into motion and power. Oil lubrication is critical for smooth functioning because of how the engine functions. However, with time, the oil loses its viscosity and sludge forms. If you want your engine to last, you should change the oil at this point. A flush solution will help to get rid of all traces of sludge before a new oil is applied, as changing the engine oil does not completely free the engine of sludge that could potentially harm its performance. We’ll go through the advantages of engine flushing and why it’s so important for your engine’s health.

Please follow the link below to read more:
https://www.spotdem.com/2022/05/07/why-it-is-important-to-flush-your-car-engine-regularly/

Re: Why It Is Important To Flush Your Car Engine Regularly by sooperrescue(m): 7:08am On May 08, 2022
I have read your blog and I can say that flushing an engine is a one off thing and not the continuous process. If and when you flush an engine, you don't use the same oil that created the sludge in the first place. You change to a higher grade of oil recommended for the car. And if you use a good engine flush, and you use the oil with sludge protection, there will never arise any reason to continue using the flush unless the product is not good enough. The best you can recommend is for prompt service when due even with a mineral oil, every 3 months or 3000 miles or move to a higher grade of oil recommended for the car which will save you money because you will be changing your oil twice a year instead of 4 times with a mineral oil. Mobil Xhp is now 12k for the 20w50 variant and in one year, you will spend 48k for oil alone while with the oil recommended for your car, you will not spend the amount for servicing the car twice a year, and added fuel economy and better performance. That product you are trying to promote, I have told the marketer to desist from telling people to use it at every service. It will corrode all the metals in the long run.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Important To Flush Your Car Engine Regularly by mine85(m): 3:02pm On May 08, 2022
how long should oil last? I use tiny light carmry.i use sea horse oil, 4 litters.
Re: Why It Is Important To Flush Your Car Engine Regularly by sooperrescue(m): 8:00pm On May 08, 2022
mine85:
how long should oil last? I use tiny light carmry.i use sea horse oil, 4 litters.
If you are using mineral oil, let it be API SL for your Camry and every three months or 3000 miles whichever comes first. I don't know what grade is your seahorse but it might be API sf which is obsolete

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Important To Flush Your Car Engine Regularly by aAK1(m): 10:24pm On May 08, 2022
Do this regularly and ur engine will start smoking in no time

(1) (Reply)

After Fixing Your Car Does It Go Haywire Before It Stabilises / I Want To Buy A Car?? 350,000 Is My Budget / I Need A Naija Driving Licence Now - I'm Uk Based. Will Pay!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.