Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. (464 Views)

Oyebanji: We Didn’t Buy Votes, Ekiti People Supported Us To Win Election / APC Silent On Zoning, Nigerians Condemn ₦100 Million Nomination Form / Malami: I Didn’t Buy ₦300 Million Abuja House For My Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by NwaNimo1(m): 5:01pm On May 07, 2022
Emefiele backtracks, claims he didn’t buy N100 million nomination form despite APC confirmation grin

Godwin Emefiele of the Central Bank of Nigeria has backtracked after facing harsh criticism from Nigerians, saying he didn’t buy presidential form to contest for president despite confirmation from ruling party officials.

Mr Emefiele has come under intense public ridicule since Peoples Gazette broke the news on Friday that he had purchased the nomination form of the ruling All Progressives Congress, a development that confirms his recent moves to run for president.

“I am humbled by the growing interest of those asking that I run for the Office of President in the 2023 general elections: I have not come to that decision,” Mr Emefiele said on Twitter, adding that some farmers bought the form for him.

“I note and salute the sacrifices of those farmers and patriots going as far as raising personal funds and offering me Presidential Nomination Forms.

“I thank them most profusely. However, Should I answer their calls and decide to seek presidential nomination, I will use my own hard earned savings from over 35 years of banking leadership to buy my own Nomination Forms without proxies in an open and transparent manner in full compliance with the laws and Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. And should I not run for elected office

“I will continue to serve and sacrifice for the good people of Nigeria under the able leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari. This is a serious decision that requires God’s Divine intervention: in the next few days The Almighty will so direct,” he said.

Mr Emefiele’s claim contradicts the confirmation from CBN and APC officials that he bought nomination form and will be running for president.

Criticisms flared on Friday that Mr Emefiele’s action could be considered economic sabotage, and national voices including Oby Ezekwesili and Governor Rotimi Akeredolu demanded his immediate resignation.

https://gazettengr.com/emefiele-backtracks-claims-he-didnt-buy-n100-million-nomination-form-despite-apc-confirmation/

Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by successmatters(m): 5:02pm On May 07, 2022
He's not a drug baron.
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by Nbotee(m): 5:04pm On May 07, 2022
But did he at any point in time say he was contesting? If he didnt where is the backtracking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by helinues: 5:04pm On May 07, 2022
Razor gazette news, na dem even break the news

So many useless media in Nigeria
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by MetaPhysical: 5:10pm On May 07, 2022
If no one had asked for his resignation from cbn would this man have denied he bought form. No, never. He would remain head of bank and run for the presidential primaries in violation of constitution and statutory interests. Every act commited in violation of constitution is a felony crime, however little it is.

Emefiele was contemplating crime, and would knowingly commit the crime if whistleblowers had not sounded alarm.
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by NwaNimo1(m): 5:13pm On May 07, 2022
MetaPhysical:
If no one had asked for his resignation from cbn would this man have denied he bought form. No, never. He would remain head of bank and run for the presidential primaries in violation of constitution and statutory interests. Every act commited in violation of constitution is a felony crime, however little it is.

Emefiele was contemplating crime, and would knowingly commit the crime if whistleblowers had not sounded alarm.

I trust Jagaban APC will issue a refund.....

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/pvZLhb.gif[/img]
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by helinues: 5:14pm On May 07, 2022
MetaPhysical:

The same media who broke the news are still the same talking about backtrack...

How is Razor gazette different from Sahara Deserted?
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by Tulsaguy: 5:15pm On May 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by MetaPhysical: 5:43pm On May 07, 2022
helinues:

The same media who broke the news are still the same talking about backtrack...

How is Razor gazette different from Sahara Deserted?

grin
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by MetaPhysical: 5:46pm On May 07, 2022
NwaNimo1:

I trust Jagaban APC will issue a refund.....

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/pvZLhb.gif[/img]

I thought it was non-refundable.

On second thoughts, Yeah, you are right
It was contributions from poor small scale farmers and widows. grin
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by chinjo(m): 5:51pm On May 07, 2022
He has already shown us that he is a dirty Banker. No amount of Hypo can wash him clean again.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by slivertongue: 5:59pm On May 07, 2022
Backtrack? Wrong title

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by Buckeyemedia1: 5:59pm On May 07, 2022
Nbotee:
But did he at any point in time say he was contesting? If he didnt where is the backtracking
Only them ask question, only them answer their question.
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by Buckeyemedia1: 6:02pm On May 07, 2022
chinjo:
He has already shown us that he is a dirty Banker. No amount of Hypo can wash him clean again.
In every 12 there must be a Judas, I knew sooner that later there would encounter an illogical thinker?

What do you know about dirty banking, are you pointing fingers @ Jim Ovia & Zenith Bank?

Be careful Mr Man.
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by 1875fi: 7:21am On May 08, 2022
[s]
helinues:
Razor gazette news, na dem even break the news

So many useless media in Nigeria
[/s]
Re: Emefiele Backtracks, Claims He Didn’t Buy N100 Million Nomination Form. by 1875on: 7:29am On May 08, 2022
[s]
Buckeyemedia1:
In every 12 there must be a Judas, I knew sooner that later there would encounter an illogical thinker?

What do you know about dirty banking, are you pointing fingers @ Jim Ovia & Zenith Bank?

Be careful Mr Man.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

Ukwuani: An Ethnic People And Language / APC Convention: How The Delegates May Vote / APC Announces Revised Electoral Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.