Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK (61610 Views)

How Is Life Of A Nigerian As An Immigrant To Tunisia / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
Everything you said is reasonable. But you are ignoring the fact that Nigeria is totally controlled and heavily sabotaged by racist caucasian globalists that control the world. This a simple truth.
Our problem is not our population it is this sabotage.

santos247:
Don't speak like Buhari even if you share names.
1. Our self destruct policies I the reason behin d our poverty. Vietnam was in the same position as Nigeria in the 1960s.
2. What have we done with all the Abacha loot returned? Nigeria is what it is, because of the decisions of her leaders.
3. China imposed a one child policy for several decades to bring down population growth rate while exponentially growing their economy. They stopped the policy only recently because they now have an aged population meanwhile birth rate still remain lows despite the relaxation of the law.
4. There is a directnrelarionship between polygamous countries and poverty. The most polygamous countries are sitting bellow the human development index.
It is not a coincidence that Northern Nigeria have a chronic poverty problem and human development index worse than south. We are too many. The only use of that big population is when its amounts to vote for politicians. The voters themselves are left with hospitals without drugs, ratio of doctors to patients is astronomically high, few schools that lack everything a modern school should have etc. Didnt you follow the trends with Zamfarra?
Abeg... Too much to say.

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 8:40pm On Jul 14, 2022
You've apparently decided the narrative you want to believe and communicate about Nigeria's woes.

On one hand you acknowledged and validated Santos247's thought, yet you made swift switch to your conspiracy theory.

I wish you the best.

GenBuhari:
Everything you said is reasonable. But you are ignoring the fact that Nigeria is totally controlled and heavily sabotaged by racist caucasian globalists that control the world. This a simple truth.
Our problem is not our population it is this sabotage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2022
If you're over 25 years, you should know this product.

I doubt it's still in Nigerian markets but I saw it at an Asian store here in the YouKay.

It brought back a lot of childhood memories, mostly of family and community parties. grin

Dem dey take this Maggi spice anything die that year.

Have any memory of this?

10 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by kizonero(m): 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2022
Wow! I am impressed with your write-up. I have really learnt one or two things here. Infact UK don dey hungry me die.

But which way i fit get myself for UK. Education background na just ond in Mass communication. And I really want to travel. I have thot of that other way but I heard a lot about it. I just want genuine way to migrate to UK...

Please gurus in the house, make una help me out o...make I no go jump into lagoon.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2022
Global relevance is more about skills than certificates.

What skills do you have?

YouKay has a Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2) programme which offers you a chance to relocate with your family if your skill is needed here. Search for Occupational Shortage List and read up more about. Tech and Medicine are the two topmost employers of foreigners into the UK at the moment.

There are other means - Global Talent visa, Study visa, etc.

Google is your best friend. There are a couple of relocation threads on Nairaland as well.

kizonero:
Wow! I am impressed with your write-up. I have really learnt one or two things here. Infact UK don dey hungry me die.

But which way i fit get myself for UK. Education background na just ond in Mass communication. And I really want to travel. I have thot of that other way but I heard a lot about it. I just want genuine way to migrate to UK...

Please gurus in the house, make una help me out o...make I no go jump into lagoon.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2022
The Wave Is Here

Western Europe has been experiencing scorching heat wave like never before. The UK isn't spared.

This week, th UK might experience its hottest days ever at 40°C. So, it's really gonna be hot � this week. embarassed

Due to this, some schools and offices have sent notifications that they might be closed for some days so people can chill at their houses to avoid congestion, hydration, suffocation. Some companies don even tell their workers to wear knickers and singlet come. grin

The beaches have been crowded, and more people are walking/driving around without clothes.

For me, the UK sun is more scorching than Naija own. Although Naija's celcious rating is higher. Also, UK's heat comes with little or no air. Humidity (breeze) dey high for Naija despite intense sunshine.

The sun don dey make me black too much sef. cool

How the sun for your side?

*Pictures from Google.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by adubam(m): 6:28pm On Jul 17, 2022
lightnlife:
The Wave Is Here

Western Europe has been experiencing scorching heat wave like never before. The UK isn't spared.

This week, th UK might experience its hottest days ever at 40°C. So, it's really gonna be hot � this week. embarassed

Due to this, some schools and offices have sent notifications that they might be closed for some days so people can chill at their houses to avoid congestion, hydration, suffocation. Some companies don even tell their workers to wear knickers and singlet come. grin

The beaches have been crowded, and more people are walking/driving around without clothes.

For me, the UK sun is more scorching than Naija own. Although Naija's celcious rating is higher. Also, UK's heat comes with little or no air. Humidity (breeze) dey high for Naija despite intense sunshine.

The sun don dey make me black too much sef. cool

How the sun for your side?

*Pictures from Google.

Wow wow. It's preferable to extreme cold in Canada.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by olioxx(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
lightnlife I disagree with your statement, when has Nigeria ever had 40 degree Celsius heat?
I don't think that has happened recently or ever, so Nigeria weather is better than the heatwave in United Kingdom.
lightnlife:
I presume you didn't get my point.

At the moment, the UK has been around 25 to 29° C. It's only sometime this week that it's estimated to reach 35 - 40°C. Average temperature during the day in Northern Nigeria is around 33 - 35 degree Celsius, during night time it falls to 25-28 degree Celsius and sometimes below.

Hasn't Nigeria been more than 25°C on the average?

25°C is a regular in Sub-Saharan Africa but it isn't in Europe.

People were complaining here at 20-25°C. Now imagine what it'd be for them at 30-40 with low humidity?

I understand you better now.

Firefyta:
Jigawa state at some point in this 2022 recorded way beyond 43°C severally
I am sorry to say this, but this is very hard to believe. Can I see the weather forecast of that period in time.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2022

At the moment, the UK has been around 25 to 29° C. It's only sometime this week that it's estimated to reach 35 - 40°C.

People were complaining here at 20-25°C. Now imagine what it'd be for them at 30-40 with low humidity?

olioxx:
lightnlife I disagree with your statement, when has Nigeria ever had 40 degree Celsius heat?
I don't think that has happened recently or ever, so Nigeria weather is better than the heatwave in United Kingdom.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2022
olioxx

See the images below and see the difference between Ikeja, Lagos and Southampton, England.

That should give a better context of my point.

Cheers.

lightnlife:

At the moment, the UK has been around 25 to 29° C. It's only sometime this week that it's estimated to reach 35 - 40°C.

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by Firefyta: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
olioxx:

I understand you better now.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
Really?

What was it like then and how did you guys chop?

The news of a possible 40°C here in the UK has been making Oyinbos panic and build heat wave fortress across the country. grin

We don too suffer for Nigeria.

Firefyta:
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by Firefyta: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2022
lightnlife:
Really?

What was it like then and how did you guys chop?

The news of a possible 40°C here in the UK has been making Oyinbos panic and build heat wave fortress across the country. grin

We don too suffer for Nigeria.

It’s a normal thing in majority of northern states maiduguri get hotter than this
While still schooling in zaria i can remember classes being canceled during Ramadan due to extreme weather conditions
If I don’t forget around 2017 i was in NDA for 69RC selection board I laid down on the bare floor to sleep my knee felt like boiling pot

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2022
Ehnehn.

As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Na just to maximise every situation one finds him/her self.

adubam:

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by Firefox01: 8:59pm On Jul 18, 2022
adubam:

I'll pick cold over heat anyday.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by chimexview: 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2022
Good evening everyone,
Please what’s the way around getting a guarantor for accommodation in Sheffield Hallam university environs? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks�
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by semmyk(m): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2022
Population is a contributory factor, a major one, but not the only one. Corruption (incorporate poor governance) and mgt of population are critical.
Hence, I concur ... "But what is more disturbing is the geometric population growth rate (2.5%) stacked against dwindling resources and economic growth (-1.8%) per annum"
Corruption (which ironically on face value crisscrossed average citizen and obviously leaders whether PDP, or APC or APGA and others) is one that we lack owning up to individually and collectively. Not accepting and taking responsibility is a cancerous killer.
As regarding racist caucasian globalists that control the world, there is no denying that. It just the same way that power plays in the society or price and profit in the (local) market. However, as you'll do in thermodynamics or systems theory, you consciously reinforce intransitivity to engage 'transitively'. Invariably, the internal stands up to the external.
What we have however is that corruption which transfers to mgt of population offers no resistance to external globalists, rather it (corruption in all it facet) is an enabling enabler [like I said corruption is not limited to one 'ruling' party but all parties and collective individuals across the different strata of the society/nation: house, street, community, society, town/city, LG, state, region, nation, even church and mosques]

lightnlife:
The research reinforced my position that Nigeria is overpopulated with limited and mismanaged resources and poor leadership/followership. But what is more disturbing is the geometric population growth rate (2.5%) stacked against dwindling resources and economic growth (-1.8%) per annum.
Yesterday was World Population Day, and the conclusions of that my short research flashed through my mind on the need for population management for economic development.
Overpopulation is a global problem.
The image below shows you the quality of life for a Nigerian vs UK resident.
TNORWAY:
... Population is one of the factor...
lightnlife:
I presented data in my piece.
... Your thoughts are just a perception of what the real issues are, which is typical of African politicians; they take no responsibility for the state of the country, rather they point fingers.
Let's agree that we have a problem as a nation, that way we'll be able to solve the problems effectively.
GenBuhari:
Everything you said is reasonable. But you are ignoring the fact that Nigeria is totally controlled and heavily sabotaged by racist caucasian globalists that control the world...

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by kizonero(m): 12:25pm On Jul 19, 2022
lightnlife:
Global relevance is more about skills than certificates.

What skills do you have?

YouKay has a Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2) programme which offers you a chance to relocate with your family if your skill is needed here. Search for Occupational Shortage List and read up more about. Tech and Medicine are the two topmost employers of foreigners into the UK at the moment.

There are other means - Global Talent visa, Study visa, etc.

Google is your best friend. There are a couple of relocation threads on Nairaland as well.

I do not have any skill for now...What do you advice?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 11:16am On Jul 20, 2022
We no suppose day suffer all these extreme weather conditions for say our country dey work wella. Cc Adubam

If Nigeria was working well as a self-sustaining country, I'm sure Nigerians won't have to go through all these extreme weather conditions in their quest for economic improvement.

We have a good weather pattern back home but no thanks to poor leadership that has limited the economic growth and viability of the continent.

Firefox01:
I'll pick cold over heat anyday.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by adubam(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2022
lightnlife:
We no suppose day suffer all these extreme weather conditions for say our country dey work wella. Cc Adubam

If Nigeria was working well as a self-sustaining country, I'm sure Nigerians won't have to go through all these extreme weather conditions in their quest for economic improvement.

We have a good weather pattern back home but no thanks to poor leadership that has limited the economic growth and viability of the continent.

True talk
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2022
Except you already had/have a personal relationship with someone here, I doubt any random person will stick out his/her neck for you.

Best option will be to reach out to the student support unit of the school for such help.

You can ask on the UK Student Thread on Nairaland sha.

chimexview:
Good evening everyone,
Please what’s the way around getting a guarantor for accommodation in Sheffield Hallam university environs? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks�
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2022
Absolutely!

Corruption is not isolated to political actors, parties or public office holders. It has become a human problem surfacing in homes, organisations, communities, countries and continents in varying degrees.

What is more perplexing about the African form of corruption is impunity and a mind of normalising corrupt acts.

In Africa, it pays more to be corrupt than to be incorruptible.

semmyk:
Population is a contributory factor, a major one, but not the only one. Corruption (incorporate poor governance) and mgt of population are critical.
Hence, I concur ... "But what is more disturbing is the geometric population growth rate (2.5%) stacked against dwindling resources and economic growth (-1.8%) per annum"
Corruption (which ironically on face value crisscrossed average citizen and obviously leaders whether PDP, or APC or APGA and others) is one that we lack owning up to individually and collectively. Not accepting and taking responsibility is a cancerous killer.
As regarding racist caucasian globalists that control the world, there is no denying that. It just the same way that power plays in the society or price and profit in the (local) market. However, as you'll do in thermodynamics or systems theory, you consciously reinforce intransitivity to engage 'transitively'. Invariably, the internal stands up to the external.
What we have however is that corruption which transfers to mgt of population offers no resistance to external globalists, rather it (corruption in all it facet) is an enabling enabler [like I said corruption is not limited to one 'ruling' party but all parties and collective individuals across the different strata of the society/nation: house, street, community, society, town/city, LG, state, region, nation, even church and mosques]

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 10:02pm On Jul 20, 2022
Saw this on my way out and it made me appreciate the availability of jobs in this country.

E no get as e bad reach, person go still get something to do.

You'll only be broke if you're lazy or stupid.

Minimum is enough to help one start out.

If un/under employment can be tackled in Naija, e go better.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2022
Developed countries understand that mental development is key to social development. Hence, they promote reading, intellectual engagements and having a balanced life.

I've been to a couple of libraries here and the resources (on/offline) are quite impressive.

I have picked some books for free at a free book stand in a mall around here. (Picture below).

People come in, look at the collections and pick (up to two) books of their choice for free.

I love the free book idea in a shopping mall. It promotes the reading culture.

How's your weekend going?

10 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by tolajay: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
Hello, we never hear from you in a while.

You sef don enter UK?

Please come and share your story.

aliucity1:
Congratulations.You have carefully concealed your gender for reasons best known to you.It's okay anyway since that's what you want.

I want to appreciate you for the information you have freely disseminated, especially the way things go when one arrives Heathrow.

I was with my partner � at the airport in Lagos in January this year when the UK call came knocking. So I was ardently involved in the process till departure. What happened in Heathrow is what I can't say anything about.

I am also due to relocate and join my partner next week,so the information you shared here has helped a great deal.

Congratulations once again and may we succeed in the Queen's land in Jesus name.
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by lightnlife: 10:43am On Jul 30, 2022
True.

Let's hope he comes back to share his experience.

tolajay:
Hello, we never hear from you in a while.

You sef don enter UK?

Please come and share your story.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by Phelixblaq(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2022
sukkot:
bros i done enter over 100 charity shops for UK and i never see brand new bed inside there oooo. everything is used. and brother to make ends meet is one thing but to save is another thing. the society is structured to where you can make ends meet but you cannot save . alright maybe you can manage to save 200 pounds a month grin grin

I want to believe you were one of the lazy folks while in the uk hence while you sound so discouraging to may folks here about uk

I did my masters in the uk and saved over £ 18k that same year before I relocated. In as much you are not lazy and ready to work. Uk is a good place and I encourage people everyday to go to the uk.

Come off it mr man, because you fail should make you sound negative on a working system. ✌️

8 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by sukkot: 4:41am On Jul 31, 2022
Phelixblaq:

I want to believe you were one of the lazy folks while in the uk hence while you sound so discouraging to may folks here about uk

I did my masters in the uk and save d over £ 18k that same year before I relocated. In as much you are not lazy and ready to work. Uk is a good place and I encourage people everyday to go to the uk.

Come off it mr man, because you fail should make you sound negative on a working system. ✌️
alright so you were a student. being a student is different from being a resident and living there permanently. its like someone coming to naija to do 2 weeks holiday comparing their experience to someone living in naija permanently

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by Phelixblaq(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2022
sukkot:
alright so you were a student. being a student is different from being a resident and living there permanently. its like someone coming to naija to do 2 weeks holiday comparing their experience to someone living in naija permanently

Deep down yourself you know you are Lieing and trying to discourage people with your negativity because you failed.
My uncle who encouraged me to do my masters in the uk has been on the uk for 10 year now a British citizen, he is not into tech nor nursing. Built houses in 3 Nigerian state and almost done paying mortgage on his uk house. Like I said you seems to be the lazy Nigerian!! Hard work pays and very rewarding in the uk if you are focused. stop the deceit

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by sukkot: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2022
Phelixblaq:

Deep down yourself you know you are Lieing and trying to discourage people with your negativity because you failed.
My uncle who encouraged me to do my masters in the uk has been on the uk for 10 year now a British citizen, he is not into tech nor nursing. Built houses in 3 Nigerian state and almost done paying mortgage on his uk house. Like I said you seems to be the lazy Nigerian!! Hard work pays and very rewarding in the uk if you are focused. stop the deceit
alright bro you dont know my net worth so calm down. and tell your FICTIONAL uncle wassup for me grin grin
Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by Phelixblaq(m): 10:41am On Jul 31, 2022
sukkot:
alright bro you dont know my net worth so calm down. and tell your FICTIONAL uncle wassup for me grin grin

I hope you stop the negativity �

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigerian Immigrant To The UK by sukkot: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2022
Phelixblaq:

I hope you stop the negativity �
nigga keep quiet. even chinese people denied you visa. i just read your comments. you must be a stupid failed nigga to get denied visa by china. you must be a stupid mahfuka mayne . chinaa ? wow. you are a sad story bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Lagos Plane Crash: Names Of Victims / Fulani Man Helps A Stranded Lady & Her Friends In Jos (Photos) / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.