Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Yoruba Documentary 'bigger Than Africa' Set To Debut On Netflix - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Documentary 'bigger Than Africa' Set To Debut On Netflix (412 Views)

Nigerian Strippers Tell Their Story In A Reality TV Show To Debut Soon / Kiddwaya: My Bank Account, Net-Worth Bigger Than All Housemates / BBNaija: I Will be Bigger Than The Winner - Tacha Says, Seyi Mocks Tacha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Documentary 'bigger Than Africa' Set To Debut On Netflix by adefitim(m): 10:04pm On May 07, 2022
Nigerian filmmaker, Toyin Ibrahim Adekeye is set to launch his cultural documentary, 'Bigger than Africa' on global streaming platform, Netflix.

Speaking on the documentary, Adekeye reveals, "I hope it becomes a unifying documentary for all people of African descent irrespective of their countries. It’s a film that uniquely tells the stories of our commonalities rather than our differences.”

The synopsis reads: "When the slave ships docked in North America, Brazil, and the Caribbean, hundreds of cultures, traditions, and religions landed with the Africans on board, one transcended slavery beyond imaginations and remain alive till this day in the New World: the Yoruba culture, "Bigger Than Africa" follows the journey of the Africans from the ports of no return in West Africa to their final destinations."

'Bigger than Africa' was shot in six countries with research and interviews from around the world including Brazil, the United States of America, Cuba, Trinidad & Tobago and back to where it all began, West Africa.

Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Documentary 'bigger Than Africa' Set To Debut On Netflix by Menance: 10:51pm On May 07, 2022
Chestbeat
Re: Yoruba Documentary 'bigger Than Africa' Set To Debut On Netflix by Islandlady(f): 11:12pm On May 07, 2022
Nice I love movies like this grin
Yoruba to the world!
Nigeria to the world!!
Africa to the world!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Tittle To Describe The Current Situation In Nigeria / Please Anyone Who Can Give Me Movies/series In Ibadan / 18+ Make Love To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.