Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? (1236 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by toluxa1(m): 9:49am On Jul 12, 2011
There has been a whole lot of talk lately with regards to the unfortunate incidence frequent bombings by this boko haram guys. Alot of people have nothing else to do than to criticize the president/ government at every opportunity. Let us know, if you were the president, what will be your response/ action of solution. I am very aware that our politicians and top shots visit this site alot, who knows, your point might reach up there and be duly noted. Lets discuss this. What should be done?
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by MrOhasora: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2011
i will run away wit my family grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by iyandani: 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2011
This issue is not if you are the president or not. Boko haram is nobody compare to the federal mighty but are we doing our things with sincerity of purpose?
are we not employing tribalism, nepotism and favouritism in all our national issues? how libral is the goverment of the day? what of corruption at all level? Nigeria problem is not from the ruled but from the rulers. i stand to be corrected. all those solutions offer to it will not solve it. do you think the millitant's problems have been resolved? what of kidnaping issue in the east? adminisrative corruption and fraud stars in the west? North is the worst hit area in the country. i just wonder what will happen to them if the country divides today. only God can safe them. the south south is in more danger of tribal wars than any other part of the country. the east will continue in their criminal nature and cheating characters. my country is governed by wicked leaders, unpatrotic followers, served by civil servants with divided loyalty, disoriented youths, surrounded by "shyluck" foreign investors, and etc. one will now wondes does it means that there is nothing good in the country? NO! NO! NO! Good people Great nation! yes we have a lot of good people and they are more than the afore mentioned ones in population, is just that the bad ones are in power. Hence, the presence of those afore mentioned vices. it does not requires if i were the president or if you were the president. Everybody needs to stand up to it. we need a leader with that attitude of fearlesness, biasness, non tribalised ones, firmness, doggedness, just above all with fear of GOD.
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by toluxa1(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2011
I indeed totally agree with your point especially on corruption. Can you imagine I was travelling coming from Abuja some days ago and we met some police men doing checking somewhere before Suleja (or after, cant recall). One of them was still asking our driver, "anything for pure water?". Can you imagine! If boko haram guys come with their bomb in boot on their way to one Ministry of something, thats how they'll pass with "pure water money". No wonder they find it so easy to infiltrate all security agencies as they claim.
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by juman(m): 5:13am On Jul 14, 2011
Mr Ohasora:

i will run away wit my family grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
That's Nairaland 4 U.  grin grin grin

Run to where? grin grin grin
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by odumchi: 6:21am On Jul 14, 2011
I would invite the leaders of Boko haram fo peace talks and offer them millions of Naira only if they agree to meet with me. As they walk into the house, I will arrest each of them and send them to Abuja for trial and imprisonment rather than execution since that would make them martyrs.

Secondly, Ill dispatch thousands of Nigeria's reserves into the troubled states.
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by Ekpoma1: 6:47am On Jul 14, 2011
If i were 2 be the president, what i would do 2 put a lastly solution 2 this menace called Boko Haram is 2 bomb the whole Borno state.
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by toluxa1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2011
odumchi:

I would invite the leaders of Boko haram fo peace talks and offer them millions of Naira only if they agree to meet with me. As they walk into the house, I will arrest each of them and send them to Abuja for trial and imprisonment rather than execution since that would make them martyrs.

Secondly, Ill dispatch thousands of Nigeria's reserves into the troubled states.

Something tells me these guys have advanced beyond this trick.

Ekpoma1:

If i were 2 be the president, what i would do 2 put a lastly solution 2 this menace called Boko Haram is 2 bomb the whole Borno state.

Bros, We pray it never gets to that ooo
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by umechuma: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2011
You neither give amnesty nor negotiate with terrorists

The northern Muslim extremists and boko haram sect are terrorists. You do not negotiate, give amnesty or declare state of emergency to keep them out. Jonathan should not contemplate any of these. The Niger Delta militants’ issue that is purely economic cannot be compared with the northern Muslim extremists' violence that is purely religious and politically orientated.

All those involved in the violence and to make the country ungovernable are not actually known. The Muslim extremists and boko haram sect people are operating in the whole Northern States and Niger State in the Middle Belt. State of Emergency in Borno State alone is neither feasible nor it is any solution to the violence. Let the North destroy it self by the violence it created if the people do not want the JTF to solve the violence. The rest of the country has the choice to live with or cut off the North.

History is there for us all. We cannot continue to lose innocent lives. The Northern Muslims’ violence and drawbacks are recurring decimal that will never cease. We cannot continue to live in their state of insecurity, instability and backwardness. The actual enemies in the northern Muslims’ extremism are not known. It is time to take decision. There are two alternatives on offer.

One, Jonathan should seek amendment of the Constitution.

The amendment should state categorically that religion or whatever individual worship is his/her personal affairs and that the secular state of Nigeria stands full and final.

-Religion should not and must not have anything to do with the country officially, at National, State and Local levels, in terms of law making, separate laws, Courts, doing business, sectarian ways of doing business and other things, harassing or violence against people of different belief.

-All the previous preferences in the Constitution that specifically favour the Muslims such as separate Appeal Court, etc. should be expunged. The Constitution should be completely neutral and main fully the principles of secularism.

-Public money should never be used for any religion pilgrimage by any individuals.

-The immunity clause in the Constitution for any public officer should be expunged except that any case or suit that concerns non financial and murder crimes be deferred after the office of the public officer. That is there should not be immunity for financial and murder crimes while in office.

-The structure of the Nigeria Government should be a two tier system of the Federal and Local Governments. The current State Government structure that is a huge drain on the country, which prevents the Federal Government from reaching out to the people and prevents the Local Governments from functioning at the grassroots level, should be scrapped within the next two years.

-Then there should be other desirable amendments that are not stated here such as leadership rotation.

Two, if any region of the country objects to these amendments, in the alternative, there should be a Referendum as whether we want to live together as one country. In my opinion, as I stated before, the country could be split into two as follow:

1) The North West and North East with the Niger and Nassarawa States and Abuja;

2) The South East; South South; South West; and Plateau, Kogi, Kwara, Benue and Taraba States of
the Middle Belt and southern part of Adamawa State to join the rest of the Southern parts of the
country that comprise of the South South, South East and South West for a harmonious new
Nigeria.

For this to be amicably done there should be a plebiscite. We Nigerians should be asked;

Do you want Nigeria to split into two countries of North and South?

Vote YES or NO.

In order not to say they were forced to join either side and for their harmony, the Middle Belt States of Plateau, Kogi, Kwara, Benue, Niger, Nassarawa and Taraba, Abuja, Kaduna South and Adamawa South would each be asked additional question as; Do you as a State area wants to join the North or the South in the split?

Vote YES or NO.

If the majority vote to split the country is NO on both sides, we will stay together and limp on with the handicap of the country and the problems one side inflicts on the other. If the majority vote is YES on both sides or is YES only on one side, we will split into two countries. The majority vote of each State of the Middle Belt as to which part it wants to belong would be respected
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by toluxa1(m): 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2011
Good one there
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
They only have 2b patient cos they are paying for spilling of innocent Biafran blood n committing the largest pogrom n genocide in human history.
Just divide d country to alleviate them,if not the north will b un-liveable.
Stupid country,with useless northerns.
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2011
They only have 2b patient cos they are paying for spilling of innocent Biafran blood n committing the largest pogrom n genocide in human history.
Just divide d country to alleviate them,if not the north will b un-liveable.
Stupid country,with useless northerns.
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by ezeagu(m): 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2011
Declare Alaigbo.
Re: If You Were The President, How Will You Solve The Boko Haram Issue? by tck2000(m): 11:57am On May 31, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Lagos, Entrepreneurism, And Urban Development - Scientific American / Kaduna Community Gives Terms For Return Of Hausa/fulani / Live On Nta! Gej Launching The 1600 Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.