Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,844 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? (6185 Views)

Flood Submerges Over 150 Houses In Markurdi- Vanguard / Owner Of Mansion Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Threatens To Kill Himself (Photo / The Flood Has Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
Buy Garden of Eden Estate Simawa,  Behind RCCG Camp just 30 minutes drive from Berger @ N780, 000 per plot, N32,500 per month for 24 months installment OR pay N585,000 per plot out right purchase.

for information call 08183082289 or visit http://www.wix.com/gardenofedenestates/gardenofedenestatesimawa
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by kenkruse: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2011
I never fancied staying in Lagos since my last visit in 1999 when i went for a school holiday. Then i was about entering secondary school. The whole place is just too noisy and congested for my liking. Any way, i sympathize with Fashola and good pple of lagosians expecially those that lost their love ones and properties.
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Kalman(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2011
Can we please revisit that topic again?

Which is the most well placed city in Nigeria in terms of Neatness and structural planning?

Lagosians Eyaaaah!!!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Funkymallam(m): 5:43pm On Jul 12, 2011
how was iba @ ojo and oworoshoki?
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Nija4Life(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2011
The problem is not much to do with the flooding which unfortunately is a natural disaster but the real issue is how we react when things like this happen.
Do we go back to the drawing board and plan to combat future occurence or do we in typical Nigerian fashion go to sleep until another heavy rainfall that inevitably leads to flooding is here with us again. But time and time again our collective short memory has been our greatest undoing.

http://apenandaheart..com
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Donmeca(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
Lagos flood. . .it comes yearly, destroys property, kills humans. . . .d govt consoles d victims, laments poor drainage system and promises better one soon. . .after d flood, everyone goes back home (govt house) to wait for the next round of flooding, destruction of property, loss of lives, lamentations and promises, That's what I call d African Cycle!

When they fail, they tell us they are going back to d drawing board. . .dat board no dey full? I guess there shud be no space left to draw on d board.
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by mychaella(f): 6:31pm On Jul 12, 2011
To all those who keep calling on government; did y'all take a good, long look at those pictures? Did you see the blocked drainages? Pray, tell, what has government got to do with nigerians' inability to maintain public property? Those drainages were spilling over with garbage! It's one thing for the government to build. It's up to us to maintain what has been given to us. Nearly everywhere that was flooded had a drainage system of some sort ( a gutter, a canal, something) but they were all blocked by something or the other (some had garbage, some had been sandfilled to be developed!). We keep talking about other countries. Those countries do not give their government so much extra work to do because their citizens know how to maintain whatever it is the government does for them no matter how little it is. Our governments (past and present) may not have done much, but how much have we done with regards to maintenance
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Wendyslims(f): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2011
Yeah it has!!! embarassed
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by clothiers(f): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2011
The hole of my street @ Akilo road was seriously flooded : thank God no life was LOST. cry
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by iluvnet(m): 7:13pm On Jul 12, 2011
slverspoon:

2 Bedroom flat to let in mushin.  No flooding.  N2.5m per annum smiley

2 Bedroom Flats to let in Lekki.  N50,000 for 4yrs.

Serious tenants only pls. grin

I just love Mushin.  grin Proud to be a MUSHINE. But please don't let real estate people send us away with your ads, especially during this period. Anyway, accomodation is going up in mushin these days as a single room is going for as high as 4k per month!  shocked especially if it comes with good enviroment and amenities. May God deliver us.
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by executinal(m): 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2011
See Lagos see fashola. His Excellency well done sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Yinkay: 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2011
My Gaari ijebu don soak patapata,
 shocked
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by amor4ce(m): 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2011
Yinkay:

My Gaari ijebu don soak patapata,

O ga o! Dat one na serious mata. Don't worry, it is well.
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 13, 2011

Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by lastpage: 2:48am On Jul 13, 2011
I sympathize with those who lost peeps and property, may God recompense them.

Having said that,
No Shaking, l no dey go anywhere!

Born and bred Omo-eko upper grade!

Na today? If the rain like, it should rain like Noah's day, I will then build or buy my own Noah's Ark! grin grin

Really, how can you live in Lagos and not have a "small canoe"? .,.,.,just in-case of emergency! At least you dont have to allow your kids swim in that leech infested water!

I remember some years past when l went sleeping over in a friends house.
All of a sudden in the middle of the night (l was actually enjoying the sound of the rain on the roofing sheet), l felt wet on the bed and taught l was dreaming, l cant be wetting bed at this age naah!

Only to discover its the useless "flood-waters" that was running high enough to play tricks on me.

I hope one day, l will be able to "start my own FLOOD-WATER-BASED-OKADA Business", using some really nice Canoes!
You know, street-to-street transport in this kind of weather!
(Yeah, go ahead and do it but remember it was my original idea and l deserve royalty!)
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by MMM2(m): 4:37am On Jul 13, 2011
May d soul of d people dat dying dat day rest in peace.
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by agitator: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2011
Donmeca:

Lagos flood. . .it comes yearly, destroys property, kills humans. . . .d govt consoles d victims, laments poor drainage system and promises better one soon. . .after d flood, everyone goes back home (govt house) to wait for the next round of flooding, destruction of property, loss of lives, lamentations and promises, That's what I call d African Cycle!

When they fail, they tell us they are going back to d drawing board. . .dat board no dey full? I guess there shud be no space left to draw on d board.

It is a natural disaster!!! If there is no space left on the drawing board we look for attachment  undecided
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 13, 2011
Donmeca:

What rub.bish!! "African cycle" indeed!! Is this Africa?        For your information, that is Melbourne, Australia, in 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2011
Melbourne, Australia 2010, Poo in the streets

Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by agitator: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2011
^^ no mind dem abegi na bad belle dey worry dem

the thing happen for melbourne

1980 - 1989
1990 - 1999
2000 - 2009
2010 - and we siddon dey wait for 2011 own

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by eros(m): 8:41am On Jul 14, 2011
Lagos!!! Lagos!!! Lagos!!!
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by basking4me: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
Gentlemen and |Ladies, 5.42PM 14ht Jluy, 2011

I just got a BB Ping from a Friend in the UK telling me the following: Pl those with access to live Aljazera should confirm before the news is spread:

""NASA reports tsunami alert on the west African Coast (Gulf of Guinea) following a Quake off shores Malabo (equitoria guinea).

20meter tides reportedly heading towards the coasts of Lagos, Lome and ACCRA,.

Pl be on the alert! God is our defense."""

Pl confirm before you spread this News, I fear the worse is yet to occur of this floods.
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by lastpage: 1:01am On Jul 15, 2011
^^^^^You kidding, right?

Please provide links to the story.

Thanks.
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by tpia5: 3:45am On Jul 15, 2011
in fact, all these pictures everyone is posting, are of nice areas sef.

if photos of some other regions outside the west were to be displayed here, some folks will run away from the thread. undecided
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 15, 2011
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by sley4life(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2011
lag is lag it wont change my mind
Re: Has The Flood From Sunday's Rain Changed Your Mind About Where To Live In Lagos? by monblaze(f): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2011
Lagos 4 Life jor,
luckily for me ive been in Ota so i didnt see the Lagos flood

Yes some houses have that problem of being water lodged n water seeping in 4rm the floor
sucks 4 u if u had a carpet
thats why its best to go house hunting in the rainy season,

Then u n ur street association should come 2geda n repair the roads or at least clear d gutters
we cleared d gutters n mended d major potholes on d street
n during rainy season d flood is little, if it floods at all,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lekki Precious Garden buy 5 and get 1 fee / Various Drawings Needed For Building Approval In Nigeria Well Explained. / Renovation Process Of 2 Flats In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.