Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,632 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion (634 Views)

Sanwo-Olu To APC SW Leaders: Please Don't Betray Tinubu / APC SW Aspirants Make Progress, Narrow Consensus To Fayemi, Tinubu, Osinbajo / Atiku Attacks Tinubu Over Support For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by gistsmill04: 11:27am On May 08, 2022
Abike Dabiri-Erewa, a former senator and chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, has voiced concern with the APC’s South-West elders summit’s exclusion of women (APC).

“Hmmm! Elders/leaders of the APC South-West meet. Not a single female! “There is God ooo.. from the entire South-West,” Ms Abike Dabiri-Erewa tweeted.

On Friday, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Lagos governor Bola Tinubu, and other APC officials co-hosted a meeting of elders’ with Bisi Akande, the party’s founding chairman, and Olusegun Osoba, the former governor of Ogun State.

https://www.ngtimes.net/2022/05/apc-sw-summit-abike-dabiri-attacks-tinubu-osinbajo-for-women-exclusion.html

The APC-led presidency’s systemic disrespect for women in politics is exemplified by the absence of women from the leaders meeting.

The presidency has continued to ignore the National Gender Policy, which stipulates that women should be appointed to 35% of political positions.

Only seven of Nigeria’s thirty-six ministers are female, and only four of the Federal Character Commission’s thirty-seven members are female.

https://www.ngtimes.net/2022/05/apc-sw-summit-abike-dabiri-attacks-tinubu-osinbajo-for-women-exclusion.html

Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Islandlady(f): 11:32am On May 08, 2022
That's very good! Ms Abike stay blessed!

Women voice needs to be heard in the society, especially in the political sector! Enough of this segregation, just imagine some guys challenging me in the political section of this forum calling me a man behind a female moniker, saying I should go back to the romance section undecided because I love to participate and contribute my own opinions and ideas in the politics of our dear country!

Pathetic, it makes me feel bad, but nevertheless I can't be intimidated because I am a strong woman!

Our voice needs to be heard too cry EQUALITY

Seun
Mynd44

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Tolupe: 11:33am On May 08, 2022
Is it not too early?
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Nobody: 11:46am On May 08, 2022
Yes. No woman was among that last supper pic sef. Wetin naa. And no woman in APC is contesting for president.
Buhari relegated Aisha to the kitchen. I swear if I m Aisha, Buhari ll smell hell it's either he allow me do my first lady or we scatter everything.
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Transcriber: 11:58am On May 08, 2022
Islandlady:

Women voice needs to be heard in the society, especially in the political sector! Enough of this segregation, just imagine some guys challenging me in the political section of this forum calling me a man behind a female moniker, saying I should go back to the romance section undecided because I love to participate and contribute my own opinions and ideas in the politics of our dear country!

Pathetic, it makes me feel bad, but nevertheless I can't be intimidated because I am a strong women!

Our voice needs to be heard too cry EQUILITY

Seun
Mynd44
you are a strong women?

There's no word like "equility"
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by juman(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2022
If we have women constituted sixty percent of our leaders, I tell you we will certainly have far better Nigeria.
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Islandlady(f): 12:07pm On May 08, 2022
Transcriber:
you are a strong women?

Fixed!

Did you got the message or you just busy picking on my typo error undecided

1 Like

Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Transcriber: 12:08pm On May 08, 2022
Islandlady:
Fixed!

Did you got the message or you just busy picking on my typo error undecided

just pulling legs cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 08, 2022
Islandlady:

Pathetic, it makes me feel bad, but nevertheless I can't be intimidated because I am a strong woman!

Our voice needs to be heard too cry EQUALITY

Seun
Mynd44

This makes a lot of sense. If there are women genuinely interested in politics and active in that political sphere then they should be given the opportunity based on what they can do and not based on their gender.

Most female are not that very active, they just want people to come to their room to make them governors or reps and if you ask why, they claim because they are female.

1 Like

Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by Realist12: 12:59pm On May 08, 2022
Let's be honest , is there any woman qualified to be there ? Name one . A lot of strong men aren't there and we didn't hear complaints. The table is filled with past governors has there been a female past/present governor in the Southwest. Asides Gbajabiamila i don't see any other person who wasn't an elected governor. Not everytime should we allow politicians tickle our sentiments
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by muhyeenisce(m): 1:02pm On May 08, 2022
IGBO need mental revolution to play politics
If you start hating tinubu for no reason when he’s yet to become the president, I wonder how miserable your lives will be when he emerged….
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by 1875sh: 6:58am On May 09, 2022
[s]
Transcriber:
you are a strong women?

[/s]
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by 1875pitak: 7:04am On May 09, 2022
[s]
Transcriber:
just pulling legs cheesy
[/s]
Re: APC SW Summit: Abike Dabiri Attacks Tinubu, Osinbajo For Women Exclusion by omowolewa: 7:07am On May 09, 2022
Like they should bring their wives?

(1) (Reply)

Mass Defection Looms In Niger APC / Breaking. President Buhari Appoints New Accountant General / Who Is Afraid Of Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.