Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? (845 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / If God Doesn't Want Human Sacrifice Why Does He Allow Christian Martyrdom? / If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by BSdetective: 12:27pm On May 08, 2022
I've been thinking deep about religion, Christianity and other Abrahamic religions promoted by the Jews. These religions made us to believe that God is all loving, kind and forgiving and all powerful. But why does this benevolent supreme being allow for evil to exist? God is all powerful why doesn't he remove evil from the world? Why didn't he destroy the devil once and for all instead allowing him to pollute mankind? If he's so powerful and can see the future why does he create or allow evil people to be born?. Why would someone create a population just to watch them destroy each other while he sits looking down at the havoc. I've read the Bible and on a logical level I have found inconsistencies. My brain tells me that all these isn't logical but my heart tells me that it's deeper than I can understand.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Jashub: 12:33pm On May 08, 2022
Freewill is the answer
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by cornelboy(f): 12:33pm On May 08, 2022
God is doing everything to restore peace to earth. In the new world, there won't be any form of evil, sickness, pain, struggle and death.

The righteous then will all live in abundance of peace.

God never intended to create the world the way it's today.
May you have peace bro.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:34pm On May 08, 2022
I'm here for your answers

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by LordIsaac(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2022
Logic and true Christianity are two distinct opposites.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by BSdetective: 12:34pm On May 08, 2022
And why does religion depend so much in using fear on people? Fear the Lord your God, The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, Those without the fear of God shall burn in the lake of fire for eternity......like WTF, why don't you just not create those who won't fear you than creating fearless folks who would burn in hell for eternity... what's the point
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by BSdetective: 12:38pm On May 08, 2022
cornelboy:
God is doing everything to restore peace to earth. In the new world, there won't be any form of evil, sickness, pain, struggle and death.

The righteous then will all live in abundance of peace.

God never intended to create the world the way it's today.
May you have peace bro.

Why doesn't God just create the righteous alone instead of creating the righteous and evil together then doing some twisted audition for who wins a ticket to the new world and who ends up in hell.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by EngrchidiG25(m): 12:43pm On May 08, 2022
Because the time is short read ur Bible Matthew 24
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by cornelboy(f): 12:56pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:

Why doesn't God just create the righteous alone instead of creating the righteous and evil together then doing some twisted audition for who wins a ticket to the new world and who ends up in hell.

No one will end in hellfire bro. Hell fire was invented by Roman Catholic church to coerce people into converting to Christianity.

God never said that he created hellfire or he would burn people in hell.

God directly created just one man, Adam. He was living a perfect life in the garden before Satan tricked him and he sinned. He was meant to live forever initially. Like God created everything to be perfect.

Satan is our greatest enemy. He disrupt everything.

God has promised to restore everything according to his plan from the beginning. He will destroy Satan and wicked people in the future and the world will become peaceful once again.
The big thing is, the righteous will live on the new world forever smiley
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by cornelboy(f): 12:58pm On May 08, 2022
LordIsaac:

What do you know about TRUE CHRISTIANITY?
Maybe you wanted to say false Christianity.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
I've been thinking deep about religion, Christianity and other Abrahamic religions promoted by the Jews. These religions made us to believe that God is all loving, kind and forgiving and all powerful. But why does this benevolent supreme being allow for evil to exist? God is all powerful why doesn't he remove evil from the world? Why didn't he destroy the devil once and for all instead allowing him to pollute mankind? If he's so powerful and can see the future why does he create or allow evil people to be born?. Why would someone create a population just to watch them destroy each other while he sits looking down at the havoc. I've read the Bible and on a logical level I have found inconsistencies. My brain tells me that all these isn't logical but my heart tells me that it's deeper than I can understand.

The short answer is a god with the omnibenevolent attribute doesn't exist.

A longer answer is the omnibenevolent attribute for a god is not compatible with reality so the Christian conception of a god cannot be correct but neither can any other religion's conception since none of the standout attributes have any corroborating evidence. For example if you define the god as the universe then that is where your description ends because any other attribute you try to tack on fails to have any discernable evidence, like saying the god is beyond the universe. It might be true that there is a god beyond the universe but we cannot know that since the universe is a conglomeration of all that exists so how can we know something of what exists outside of all that exists? The most honest conclusion therefore is we do not know if a god exists but an omnibenevolent one definitely doesn't exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
1. But why does this benevolent supreme being allow for evil to exist? God is all powerful why doesn't he remove evil from the world? Why didn't he destroy the devil once and for all instead allowing him to pollute mankind?

2. If he's so powerful and can see the future why does he create or allow evil people to be born?. Why would someone create a population just to watch them destroy each other while he sits looking down at the havoc.

3. I've read the Bible and on a logical level I have found inconsistencies. My brain tells me that all these isn't logical but my heart tells me that it's deeper than I can understand.
1. If you have ever tried to read the Bible, at least, you would have maybe learnt from their that man chose evil over God in the beginning and God had no choice, being God of His Word, to give man over to that which he, man, desired. The choice was between God and the devil and man choose with his own heart, the devil. undecided

2. All men are born with the propensity to do evil. So the choice to have a child or not belongs to the parents who chose to have these kids you prefer to have eliminated, not God's. undecided

God didn't create your population. From scripture, you are all called 'sons or men" meaning you were born of the decisions of men, not God. undecided

3. I seriously doubt you have because your questions betray your claim. undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Kobojunkie: 1:25pm On May 08, 2022
LordIsaac:
That is a damn lie fed to you by your lying Pastors and Mogs. undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Kobojunkie: 1:26pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
1. Why doesn't God just create the righteous alone instead of creating the righteous and evil together then doing some twisted audition for who wins a ticket to the new world and who ends up in hell.
Why should He? undecided

He created this earth so He could mine for Himself Sons of God from among men. Men chose to go it alone when they chose evil over God and God gave them over to their desires. undecided

And God has made it so that those who wish to turn back to Him from among men can do so whenever they have a change of mind. undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Kobojunkie: 1:32pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
1..And why does religion depend so much in using fear on people?

2. Fear the Lord your God, The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, Those without the fear of God shall burn in the lake of fire for eternity......like WTF, why don't you just not create those who won't fear you than creating fearless folks who would burn in hell for eternity... what's the point
1. What you know as religion is of men, and as I explained earlier, men are born with the propensity for good and for evil so it is ignorance on your part when you put your trust in men. undecided

Where God says to fear Him, He means to place Him and His Word above those or men. undecided

2. That's another lie fed you by men. According to God's Law, Jesus Christ, the one whose Kingdom it is that men are called to, only those who are born-again but refuse to submit to and obey His teachings(and commandments) make the choice to spend the eternal life He gifts them with in Hell. Essentially, Hell is a choice made by those who claim to believe in Jesus Christ but have no fear of God and His Law. undecided

Open your mind and that book is front of you so you can better comprehend the contents at a level higher than that of the gullible religious folks out there abeg. undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by BSdetective: 2:14pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. If you have ever tried to read the Bible, at least, you would have maybe learnt from their that man chose evil over God in the beginning and God had no choice, being God of His Word, to give man over to that which he, man, desired. The choice was between God and the devil and man choose with his own heart, the devil. undecided

2. All men are born with the propensity to do evil. So the choice to have a child or not belongs to the parents who chose to have these kids you prefer to have eliminated, not God's. undecided

God didn't create your population. From scripture, you are all called 'sons or men" meaning you were born of the decisions of men, not God. undecided

3. I seriously doubt you have because your questions betray your claim. undecided

1. God had no choice but based on the Bible God once destroyed the world with flood because of the wickedness in it and let's even go along with what you're saying, why does God allow evil to happen to those who follow him? Why does he allow the evil of another man to affect the righteous man? Why didn't he protect Abel(the righteous one who offered the best sacrifice) from the evil of Cain? Does he also doesn't have a choice in that?

2. What are you even saying? Did you miss the part of the Bible were it says that we're all created in his likeness?

3. It's left for you to doubt but your responses hasn't done anything to address those questions.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Image123(m): 2:21pm On May 08, 2022
LordReed:

The short answer is a god with the omnibenevolent attribute doesn't exist.

A longer answer is the omnibenevolent attribute for a god is not compatible with reality so the Christian conception of a god cannot be correct but neither can any other religion's conception since none of the standout attributes have any corroborating evidence. For example if you define the god as the universe then that is where your description ends because any other attribute you try to tack on fails to have any discernable evidence, like saying the god is beyond the universe. It might be true that there is a god beyond the universe but we cannot know that since the universe is a conglomeration of all that exists so how can we know something of what exists outside of all that exists? The most honest conclusion therefore is we do not know if a god exists but an omnibenevolent one definitely doesn't exist.

Proverbs 2:1 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 2:2 So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:25pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
God is all powerful why doesn't he remove evil from the world? Why didn't he destroy the devil once and for all instead allowing him to pollute mankind? If he's so powerful and can see the future why does he create or allow evil people to be born?. Why would someone create a population just to watch them destroy each other while he sits looking down at the havoc. I've read the Bible and on a logical level I have found inconsistencies. My brain tells me that all these isn't logical but my heart tells me that it's deeper than I can understand.

If you have 2 right legs shall you walk properly? Or if there is only up or forward motion, shall you be able to correct errors?

Balance is The Law!

You will never buy a car that only goes right nor would you employ an athlete with one leg.

And you have used these balances very well and they were no problems to you so you are talking rubbish!
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:32pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
And why does religion depend so much in using fear on people? Fear the Lord your God, The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, Those without the fear of God shall burn in the lake of fire for eternity......like WTF, why don't you just not create those who won't fear you than creating fearless folks who would burn in hell for eternity... what's the point

Why not fear Him and avoid burning rather than being stupid to defy Who can destroy you?

Common your bosses and parents who can only cause pain to you in there presence, you fear and respect and obey them. But because God is too patient, you think Him stupid.

His Wisdom is that He has gone in front to wait for you people. Shebi, you have done your own, why then should He not do His own?

Is The Law not "an eye for an eye?"
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by BSdetective: 2:33pm On May 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

If you have 2 right legs shall you walk properly? Or if there is only up or forward motion, shall you be able to correct errors?

Balance is The Law!

You will never buy a car that only goes right nor would you employ an athlete with one leg.

And you have used these balances very well and they were no problems to you so you are talking rubbish!

What are you saying?
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Image123(m): 2:35pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:

Psa 115:3 KJV But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Your idea and definition of love is not the Bible's full definition of love BTW.
To help summarize the answers you need, not want. Let me say to you to stop overrating yourself or any human being. Humans are actually less than a speck of dust before the Almighty. We think our actions, fists/fits and deeds are very big, God doesn't. He has condescended to choose of us whom He will, according to His requirements for His Heavenly project.
He will in reality thrash the rest in hell, like we all thrash thrash(what we don't need).
Know this crude reality and know life and peace. Our beggar has no choice, humble yourself and "be a good boy".
This my friend is the summary of human life. Thanks be to Jesus for giving us a chance out of misery.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:39pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:

What are you saying?

It is in English language O.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by BSdetective: 2:41pm On May 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Why not fear Him and avoid burning rather than being stupid to defy Who can destroy you?

You lack the ability to make a point without sounding condescending and insultive, a big sign of mental disability. Don't you think insultive and condescending people have a place in hell? Run along.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by BSdetective: 2:41pm On May 08, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

It is in English language O.

I know, but you sound incoherent
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:
1a.. God had no choice but based on the Bible God once destroyed the world with flood because of the wickedness in it and let's even go along with what you're saying, why does God allow evil to happen to those who follow him?

1b. Why does he allow the evil of another man to affect the righteous man? Why didn't he protect Abel(the righteous one who offered the best sacrifice) from the evil of Cain? Does he also doesn't have a choice in that?

2. What are you even saying? Did you miss the part of the Bible were it says that we're all created in his likeness?

3. It's left for you to doubt but your responses hasn't done anything to address those questions.
1a. God made no bargains with men thar He couldn't destroy the world which He created. undecided

1b. God didn't promise those who belong to Him a life without suffering. In fact He uses the suffering to mold them into that which He desires, Sons of Men aka Righteous men. undecided

2. We are, all of us, created in the likeness of God? Or Adam,the first man, was created in the image of God, an image obviously lost when he was eventually cursed in Genesis 3 vs 16 ? undecided

3. You need to open your eyes and mind to what is in fact written in that book verses the lies and delusions you have been fed by other men. undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by LordIsaac(m): 3:36pm On May 08, 2022
cornelboy:

What do you know about TRUE CHRISTIANITY?
Maybe you wanted to say false Christianity.
If only you attended a University, you would have learnt under Philosophy and Logic in 100 level, that faith and facts are mutually exclusive. You see why school no be scam... grin
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by LordIsaac(m): 3:38pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That is a damn lie fed to you by your lying Pastors and Mogs. undecided
If only you attended a University, you would have been taught in Philosophy and Logic (a general 100 level course) that faith and facts are mutually exclusive. You see why school no be scam... grin
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On May 08, 2022
LordIsaac:

If only you attended a University, you would have been taught in Philosophy and Logic (a general 100 level course) that faith and facts are mutually exclusive. You see why school no be scam... grin
What in the world are you yammering about now? undecided

The Logic course that I took in college did not even attempt to dissect faith nor pretend full understanding of it. undecided
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by LordIsaac(m): 4:42pm On May 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What in the world are you yammering about now? undecided

The Logic course that I took in college did not even attempt to dissect faith nor pretend full understanding of it. undecided
I see.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Maynman: 4:43pm On May 08, 2022
Which God?
God is a title not a person.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:12pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:

I know, but you sound incoherent

This just tells me how little you know such that, without it broken down like baby food, you would not get it.

Left balances the right, up balances down, Good balances evil.

That is what God knows! And evil is good in His Hands like acid to a battery maker. But it is not good in the hands of wicked people.
Re: Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:16pm On May 08, 2022
BSdetective:

You lack the ability to make a point without sounding condescending and insultive, a big sign of mental disability. Don't you think insultive and condescending people have a place in hell? Run along.

"Truth is attacked so that stupid people can be comfortable" Okey Bakassi.

You see me as condescending because I pointed out that what you were thinking, was not correct.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Do You Interpret This Dream / Paying Your Dowry And Traditional Wedding Doesn't Make You A Wife - DK Olukoya / Question Of The Day!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.