Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? (1801 Views)

Does God Really Exist And If He Does Why Does He Allow For Evil To Happen? / If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? / If God Doesn't Want Human Sacrifice Why Does He Allow Christian Martyrdom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by kingcomet(m): 6:15am On Mar 04, 2018
Good morning and happy Sunday nairalanders.
This question has been bothering me for a while now. if God is all good and powerful as we are told, why is there hardship, evil and suffering everywhere? Let us use Nigeria as a case study. Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world yet the level of suffering in this country is on a high.
Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen are still going round doing evil. Many lives have been lost yet there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

My question now is, why can't God stop all the evil and suffering going on if he is truly all powerful and good?
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Trustme2(m): 6:19am On Mar 04, 2018
Because he's God

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by KendrickAyomide: 6:31am On Mar 04, 2018
Trustme2:
Because he's God
That's a Dumb Reply

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by KendrickAyomide: 6:34am On Mar 04, 2018
we were made to believe in the Bible that the world is Controlled by the devil and his Army.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 04, 2018
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Let look at 1st Peter 5:10

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Let us also look at Romans 8:18

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Remember what Christ said in the book of John,
"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

Our Joy and hope lies in the last bible portion, since our Lord JESUS CHRIST, had overcome the world, then we will surely overcome!

Thank you Jesus!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by EweduAfonja(f): 6:41am On Mar 04, 2018
watch as they come up with dumb Excuses

if i become a mother, no matter what, i cant just fold my arms and watch my kids pass through hell... If its possible to give them the moon i will do exactly just that.

9 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by oyonu(m): 6:42am On Mar 04, 2018
That's a choice made by man. He chosed the path of death and suffering

Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by EweduAfonja(f): 6:43am On Mar 04, 2018
Trustme2:
Because he's God

And thats why he just seats there and be watching humans like he's watching champions league match..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by EweduAfonja(f): 6:44am On Mar 04, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
we were made to believe in the Bible that the world is Controlled by the devil and his Army.

Then people should worship the Controllers of their Dwelling place na...

U cant live in isis controlled evinronment and be chanting GOD bless America..

7 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 6:45am On Mar 04, 2018
kingcomet:
Good morning and happy Sunday nairalanders.
This question has been bothering me for a while now. if God is all good and powerful as we are told, why is there hardship, evil and suffering everywhere? Let us use Nigeria as a case study. Nigeria is one of the most religious countries in the world yet the level of suffering in this country is on a high.
Boko Haram and the Fulani Herdsmen are still going round doing evil. Many lives have been lost yet there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

My question now is, why can't God stop all the evil and suffering going on if he is truly all powerful and good?
You have asked a nice question.

God is all powerful but this world currently lies in the hands of Satan.

1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Man lost control of this world when he rebelled against God and sided with Satan. Since satan doesn't know how God built this world, he will definitely not know how to maintain it in peace. The Bible refers to him as the thief that comes to steal. kill and to destroy. He has stolen this world, so it's only reasonable for us to expect him to kill and to destroy. This aim is being carried out by the Islamic terrorists e.g Fulani herdsmen and boko haram plus the stealth jihadist we do not see.

What I find amazing is how the whole fault of this nation is usually placed on the door of Christianity. Is it Christians that have been rulling the country since inception? We've had tonnes of Muslims at the helm of power far more than any other religion. Go to the ministries, it's always them you will find due to quota system and nepotism. This shows that every effort made by Christians to build this nation is usually scuttled by you know who. Where are the missionary schools Christianity left in the hands of our government? They are all in ruins. Even the ones the government built, where are they today? All ruined.

Brother, I tell you that Nigeria is still a peaceful country if you compare with other nations. Go to Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Sudan etc. You will see worse. Now, who are those depriving us of peace? Are they Christians or Muslims? Then why do people love to pick on Christianity for the many woes of this nation? If Christianity hadn't set foot in Nigeria, we wont have had education, modern medicine, civilization etc. Looking at the part of Nigeria which still kicks against Christianity and its modernization, they are still backward and dressing like and practicing 7th century Arabia, a backward lifestyle.

When there's a semblance of peace, Satan uses his Jihadists to disrupt it. When he realized that Boko Haram, his tool for disruption of peace was only effective in one section of Nigeria, he decided to use the Fulani herdsmen to spread violence to other parts of Nigeria. He is influencing Buhari to push for a cattle colony of bloodshed when we ought to be building industries and schools. Yet the blame is placed on Christianity.

I advice that you hold fast to your belief that Jesus Christ is coming soon to destroy Satan and his works. He is coming to establish the peace he promised. For now, satan has control and he's using it to influence leaders wrongly. It's all for a period. Fear not my brother.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by EweduAfonja(f): 6:48am On Mar 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You have asked a nice question.

God is all powerful but this world currently lies in the hands of Satan.

1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

Man lost control of this world when he rebelled against God and sided with Satan.

typing....

permit me to say God is yet 4give humans for eating his precious fruit...

he's still Angry

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Young03(m): 6:54am On Mar 04, 2018
I don't know
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by KendrickAyomide: 6:57am On Mar 04, 2018
EweduAfonja:

Then people should worship the Controllers of their Dwelling place na...

U cant live in isis controlled evinronment and be chanting GOD bless America..
Lol, am not too Religious even if I believe there is God. Jehovah's witness people made me understand that with Proof.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by jamael(m): 7:12am On Mar 04, 2018
Let's be objective. If you look around you, you will see quite a whole lot of good in this world. From the colour of the sky, to the rising of the sun, the singing of birds to the colour of flowers, we see a bright world. Even in instances of cruel attacks, man's goodness still show forth. Even in you and I, we still try to show forth goodness even in adverse circumstances.

Now to your question sir, the problem of the world is SIN. when man fell, a once perfect world was made imperfect by sin. Genesis 1:31: "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good... "

Genesis 3:17: "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life"
But God didn't leave man alone. He sent his son to taste the suffering which he knew was present and to show him a way out : Faith in Jesus.

Matthew 11:28.

God still heals, saves and provides succour to the sufferings. His heart is touched with our grief. Faith in His son makes all the difference. May God comfort us all with Heavenly comfort and give us a reason to carry on.

Amen.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Samsimple(m): 7:16am On Mar 04, 2018
my brother stop shouting
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by chemystery: 7:24am On Mar 04, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
KendrickAyomide:
That's a Dumb Reply
Why would the world created by god be controlled by Satan? Isn't that evident god isn't all powerful for Satan to be in charge of what belongs to him?
If god willingly gave Satan charge over the world, doesn't that make god Satan's accomplice?

6 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Neurotika: 7:26am On Mar 04, 2018
When something that doesn't exist is been forced into imaginary existence, you get questions like this.

5 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by chemystery: 7:27am On Mar 04, 2018
oyonu:
That's a choice made by man. He chosed the path of death and suffering

Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"
You mean all the 7 billion+ humans on earth today all chose the path of death and suffering? undecided

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 7:28am On Mar 04, 2018
chemystery:

You mean all the 7 billion+ humans on earth today all chose the path of death and suffering? undecided
We have 2 billion People who call themselves Christians. That leaves you with 5 billion people who reject the path of life. Their actions is part of why we are suffering. They chose Satan.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by alBHAGDADI: 7:30am On Mar 04, 2018
chemystery:

Why would the world created by god be controlled by Satan? Isn't that evident god isn't all powerful for Satan to be in charge of what belongs to him?
If god willingly gave Satan charge over the world, doesn't that make god Satan's accomplice?
God didn't give satan charge, man did. The world was in Adam's control until he offered it to satan when he sinned.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by chemystery: 7:43am On Mar 04, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
We have 2 billion People who call themselves Christians. That leaves you with 5 billion people who reject the path of life. Their actions is part of why we are suffering. They chose Satan.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by hopefulLandlord: 7:44am On Mar 04, 2018
Just in case
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Just in case
LOL
I'M GUESSING YOU'RE PREPARED TO RAIN FIRE HERE.
cheesy
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2018
EweduAfonja:

watch as they come up with dumb Excuses

if i become a mother, no matter what, i cant just fold my arms and watch my kids pass through hell... If its possible to give them the moon i will do exactly just that.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR EVERYONE, A MASTER PLAN HE LAID DOWN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD.

GOD DOESN'T JUST WATCH AND ALLOW SUFFERING HAPPEN, ITS ALL PLANNED.

GOD DOESN'T JUST FOLD HIS HANDS AND ALLOW 4 YEAR OLD GIRLS GET RAPED, HE CREATED THEM TO GET RAPED.

GOD DOESN'T JUST ALLOW DISASTERS AND DEATH HAPPEN.
HE ALREADY PLANNED WHO WILL DIE IN AN ACCIDENT TODAY, WHO WILL GET CANCER TODAY, HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE MURDERED BY CULTISTS ACROSS CAMPUS'.

DO YOU KNOW THAT FROM THEIR DAY OF BIRTH, HE HAS DESTINED WHICH GIRL WOULD BECOME A "RUNS GIRL" AND WOULD BE USED FOR RITUALS BEFORE THEY FINISH UNIVERSITY?
AND ALSO WHICH BOY BECOMES A KIDNAPPER OR ARMED ROBBER?

GOD PLANNED THAT PRAYERFUL NATIONS LIKE US, LIVE IN CRIME, DISEASES, AND POVERTY,
WHILE LESS PRAYERFUL NATIONS IN EUROPE LIVE THE BEST LIVES,
SO THAT HE WOULD ALLOW US INTO HEAVEN, AND PUT THEM IN HELL WHEN WE ALL DIE.

YOU ALL JUST ACCUSE GOD FOR JUST SITTING AND WATCHING, WHEN IT'S A FACT THAT HE IS ALL KNOWING, AND HAS THE PLAN OF OUR LIVES.

LET ME REMIND YOU, EVERYTHING IS GOD'S PLAN, AND GOD'S WILL IS BEST.

7 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by hopefulLandlord: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL
cheesy
Yes o!
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by hopefulLandlord: 7:56am On Mar 04, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL
cheesy
wink
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by lekbel09(m): 7:56am On Mar 04, 2018
This is why the good Lord has given you a choice to either follow him or to be for the devil cos God's plan is to destroy evil and only those who are for him will be able to be with him in paradise a place free from all the evil in this present world.
My brother I advise you today to totally surrender to Jesus Christ and accept him as your lord and personal savior .I hope i have answered your question
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by hopefulLandlord: 8:07am On Mar 04, 2018
Okay
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by oyonu(m): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2018
chemystery:

The choices you make today does not only affects you but also those in your sphere of contact.
Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by 007author(m): 8:08am On Mar 04, 2018
No justification to all the suffering in the world at all. is like God doesn't exist after all.

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by Uyi168: 8:12am On Mar 04, 2018
He works in mysterious,inefficient and breathtakingly cruel ways..

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful, Why Does He Allow Evil And Suffering In This World? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:15am On Mar 04, 2018
Originakalokalo:

God is hurt when HIS CHILDREN are being purnished.

But his Righteousness will not allow him IGNORE SIN.

He will purnish it.

Hatred and death fill the Earth... This is a result of disobedience.

Sexual immorality is plenty. Evil follows.

God purnish disobedience BY STEPPING ASIDE.

When he steps aside,

The Devil steps In.

To him is Extreme Faithfulness.... Extreme Humility..... Holiness undescribable.....I don't understand the extend of his Mercy....

He is simply great.

I bow down before HIM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

WIZKID And Apostle Johnson Suleman In Same Cult / The Story Of Noah And The Great Flood Doesn't Make Sense / Is Going To Church A Compulsion For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.