Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,896 members, 7,821,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin (753 Views)

A Man Who Carried People's Sins Before Jesus Christ Did / ❤️ Not Believing In Jesus Is What Keeps Your Sin And Takes You To Hell / Jesus Christ Did Not Resurrect Physically From The Dead - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by bigdammyj: 4:41pm On May 08, 2022
Understand this and know peace:
Jesus Christ didn't die for your sins, He only showed you the way to Salvation.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life".

If you commit any sin, you will be judged & punished.

Do not forget, the greatest law of God for Man according to Jesus Christ is, to love God and neighbor.

Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Maynman: 4:45pm On May 08, 2022
In that same book, didn’t they say y’all are sinners and no one is exempted?
Seems y’all doomed grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by bigdammyj: 4:59pm On May 08, 2022
Maynman:
In that same book, didn’t they say y’all are sinners and no one is exempted?
Seems y’all doomed grin

Read the book with an understanding mind and you will realize that, failure to do the following is what makes you a sinner

Love God and your neighbor.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Maynman: 5:05pm On May 08, 2022
bigdammyj:

Read the book with an understanding mind and you will realize that, failure to do the following is what makes you a sinner

I read all books like that especially mythological books.
I thought it said Romans 3:23
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”

You na boss man oo, you no need grace. Perfect wink
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Maynman: 5:06pm On May 08, 2022
bigdammyj:

Which god are you talking? Because god is a title not a person, Is it Yahweh?
Because even Yahweh doesn’t love his neighbor, His father, Elohim is still a cool guy in the storybook.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On May 08, 2022
bigdammyj:
1. Understand this and know peace:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life".
undecided

1a. Jesus Christ's death was to pay the ransom owed God's Old Covenant by the Jewish sinners who He came to redeem from that Law. So, His Death was for the sins of the Jewish sinners who He came to call. undecided

1b. Jesus Christ also had to have His Blood shed in order for the New Covenant, God's Way to Salvation, to be made finished and ratified, and this happened when Jesus Christ died on the cross. undecided

1c. Jesus Christ also had to die, and then rise, in order to conquer Death on behalf of all those who will follow Him. Salvation as given us by Jesus Christ is after all from the condemnation of sin, which is Death , God's curse and judgment against mankind since man fall - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. undecided

There is more than one reason why Jesus Christ had to die, and dying for the sins of the Jewish sinners who would turn to believe in Him is definitely of them, only that you popular narrative on that is wrong. Jesus Christ did not die for the sins of Gentiles however since Gentiles are not born under Law but instead under condemnation - God's. . undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kayberg: 5:56pm On May 08, 2022
bigdammyj:

Do not forget, the greatest law of God for Man according to Jesus Christ is, to love God and neighbor.

Happy Sunday to you all.

Nothing tires me of you guys than your heresies which you're even so bold of.
The following invalidates your self conceived contorted doctrine:

John 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁹ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

³⁵ Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
³⁶ And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
— John 15:13 (KJV)

“I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”
— John 10:11 (KJV)

Revelation 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
⁶ And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
⁷ Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Isaiah 53 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

⁵ But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
⁶ All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
⁷ He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”
— 1 Corinthians 15:3 (KJV)

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
— 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)

1 Peter 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁸ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
¹⁹ By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
²⁰ Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Let me stop here even…

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kayberg: 5:58pm On May 08, 2022
If you don't understand the Bible, don't just say anything. Rather try learning more.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On May 08, 2022
Kayberg:
If you don't understand the Bible, don't just say anything. Rather try learning more.
But the OP is technically correct. Before the death of Jesus Christ, the Jews were the only people in the world who had sins for Him to die for. undecided

Jesus Christ Himself said He had come to call the sinners and not the righteous, and then He also indicated that He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel and not those outside. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Lucasmuyiwaa: 8:02pm On May 08, 2022
I honestly didn’t read what’s gong on here. Just have a nice day
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Dtruthspeaker: 8:08pm On May 08, 2022
bigdammyj:

Happy Sunday to you all.

He added that too. He did live and die to take away our sins and all other evil things that are upon us.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by bigdammyj: 12:54am On May 09, 2022
Kayberg:

Kayberg:

Nothing tires me of you guys than your heresies which you're even so bold of.
The following invalidates your self conceived contorted doctrine:

John 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁹ The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

³⁵ Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;
³⁶ And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
— John 15:13 (KJV)

“I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.”
— John 10:11 (KJV)

Revelation 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
⁶ And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
⁷ Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Isaiah 53 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

⁵ But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
⁶ All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
⁷ He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;”
— 1 Corinthians 15:3 (KJV)

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
— 1 Peter 2:24 (KJV)

1 Peter 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁸ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
¹⁹ By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
²⁰ Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Let me stop here even…

Dtruthspeaker:

He added that too. He did live and die to take away our sins and all other evil things that are upon us.

If you can show me where Jesus in the bible says He has come to die for your sin.

Jesus Christ came to preach Salvation. His preaching was all about, repentance, forgiveness and doing good etc. in order to gain Salvation.

It was the Pharisees (Priests in the temple) and Sadducees the wealthy upper class, who were involved with the priesthood, who felt threatened with Christ ministry that ganged up to kill him.

He has power to forgive sins but He didn't die for your sin. Rather, He shows the way to repentance, to gain Salvation
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by bigdammyj: 1:20am On May 09, 2022
Thanks bro!
Kobojunkie:
But the OP is technically correct. Before the death of Jesus Christ, the Jews were the only people in the world who had sins for Him to die for. undecided

Jesus Christ Himself said He had come to call the sinners and not the righteous, and then He also indicated that He was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel and not those outside. undecided

It's a fact that many Africans are lazy when it involves deep thinking or to research on religion. That's why we have more Churches than schools in our communities.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kayberg: 5:19am On May 09, 2022
bigdammyj:

If you can show me where Jesus in the bible says He has come to die for your sin.

Jesus Christ came to preach Salvation. His preaching was all about, repentance, forgiveness and doing good etc. in order to gain Salvation.

It was the Pharisees (Priests in the temple) and Sadducees the wealthy upper class, who were involved with the priesthood, who felt threatened with Christ ministry that ganged up to kill him.

He has power to forgive sins but He didn't die for your sin. Rather, He shows the way to repentance, to gain Salvation

It's clear you didn't read any of the quotes in my comment; and yet you're arguing!
When those who walked with CHRIST JESUS, spoke to and interacted with Him on a daily basis confirmed He died to take away the sins of the world, and He also confirming He laid down His life for this cause, while you woke up from nowhere said it's not so, I think I have nothing to discuss with you anymore.

Only the gullible ones, who would pay money to enter heaven will believe you.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Dtruthspeaker: 6:18am On May 09, 2022
bigdammyj:
....If you can show me where Jesus in the bible says He has come to die for your sin.

"I came that ye may have Life, Life, more abundantly'.

The Fulfilment of The Law of Sin offering, trespass offerings and peace offering is also a requirement for obtaining abundant Life, for whosoever has sinned and is not cleansed, is guilty and liable for Judgement.

And the ONLY WAY sin is cleansed is by compliance with The Laws in Leviticus, which Christ put Himself through for our benefit.

"Behold, the Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world"

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kayberg: 7:14am On May 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

You and your doctrines does not surprise me anymore.
So only the Jews had sins?
What about those who died in the flood? They died for being righteous?
When GOD told Abraham the sins of the Amorites is not yet full, was GOD saying they had no sins?
So the Israelites were righteous?
Sadly you do not understand what JESUS CHRIST meant when He said He did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Why didn't the Pharisees who claims to be righteous, prove Him wrong they had no sins when JESUS CHRIST confronted them?
Or you too did not understand the phrase JESUS CHRIST used there?
JESUS CHRIST simply wanted them to admit they're sinners! But that if you think you're righteous, then you can forget about Him, but never forget this that, GOD ounce said these to a righteous man:

Job 40 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶ Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
⁷ Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
⁸ Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?
⁹ Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?
¹⁰ Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.
¹¹ Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.
¹² Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
¹³ Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.
¹⁴ Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by bigdammyj: 8:52am On May 09, 2022
All the scriptures you quoted are what others wrote about Him.

Kayberg:

It's clear you didn't read any of the quotes in my comment; and yet you're arguing!
When those who walked with CHRIST JESUS, spoke to and interacted with Him on a daily basis confirmed He died to take away the sins of the world, and He also confirming He laid down His life for this cause, while you woke up from nowhere said it's not so, I think I have nothing to discuss with you anymore.

Only the gullible ones, who would pay money to enter heaven will believe you.

Open up your heart and mind to understanding.

All those whom Christ healed, the lame, the blinds, the deaf even the adulterous woman that the crowd wanted to stone, He forgave their sins and warned them not to sin again.

He was killed for doing good, forgiving sins and preaching Salvation. He knew He was going to be killed for that and told them, if they kill Him, He will rise again.

Be warned: "JESUS DID NOT DIE FOR YOUR SIN"
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Maynman: 10:37am On May 09, 2022
bigdammyj:
All the scriptures you quoted are what others wrote about Him.

Open up your heart and mind to understanding.

All those whom Christ healed, the lame, the blinds, the deaf even the adulterous woman that the crowd wanted to stone, He forgave their sins and warned them not to sin again.

He was killed for doing good, forgiving sins and preaching Salvation. He knew He was going to be killed for that and told them, if they kill Him, He will rise again.

Be warned: "JESUS DID NOT DIE FOR YOUR SIN"

All what you are saying too are what others wrote about him.
It was hundred of years after a suppose Jesus died that the Christian Bible was created and complied by the Catholic.
All the authors of the Christian Bible are unknown.
Look up Catholic epistle.
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On May 09, 2022
Kayberg:
1. It's clear you didn't read any of the quotes in my comment; and yet you're arguing!

2. When those who walked with CHRIST JESUS, spoke to and interacted with Him on a daily basis confirmed He died to take away the sins of the world, and He also confirming He laid down His life for this cause, while you woke up from nowhere said it's not so, I think I have nothing to discuss with you anymore.

3. Only the gullible ones, who would pay money to enter heaven will believe you.
1. What you are doing amounts to offering up a blind argument. undecided

2. Those who talked to Jesus Christ were the Jews whose sins He came to take away, not the Gentiles which you are of. undecided

Jesus Christ laid down His Life in order that the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God be ratified - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - but the one's whose sins He died for were the Jews and only the Jews, the sinners of this world born bound to God's Old Covenant Law of Moses. undecided

3. Reason this out for yourself. If Jesus Christ indeed died for your sins, why do you ask forgiveness of sin regularly in order that God may forgive you the same sins? undecided

If Jesus Christ indeed died for your own sins, Why does God mandate that you first forgive those who have sinned against you before He, God, will forgive you your sins? undecided

If Jesus Christ died for your own sins, Why does Jesus Christ require that you first Know the Truth and only afterwards will you be set free from slavery to the Sin to become a Son of God - John 8 vs 31 - 32. undecided

It is not OK to simply pick bible verses that seem to agree with what it is you attempt to argue... you need to consider all that is written in the context in which it was given to fully understand God’s message to you and to all. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On May 09, 2022
Kayberg:
1. So only the Jews had sins? What about those who died in the flood? They died for being righteous?

2. When GOD told Abraham the sins of the Amorites is not yet full, was GOD saying they had no sins?

3. So the Israelites were righteous?

4. Sadly you do not understand what JESUS CHRIST meant when He said He did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

5. Why didn't the Pharisees who claims to be righteous, prove Him wrong they had no sins when JESUS CHRIST confronted them?
Or you too did not understand the phrase JESUS CHRIST used there? JESUS CHRIST simply wanted them to admit they're sinners!
1. Sin is as defined by God's Law and God alone gives Law where He chooses. It is those who have God's Law that have sins defined to atone for and a marked way to obtaining righteousness by it. Those who are not under Law do not have any definition as far as sin is concerned. They are like condemned criminals awaiting execution of God's sentence - all of us Gentiles are born under God’s condemnation. We were born dead to God's Law aka already judged and condemned to die. undecided

2. Is there any record of God, in scripture, making a Covenant with the Amorites, the Hittites, the Jebusites, the Sodomites etc., as far as Law of Sin is concerned? The answer is No. However, that doesn't stop God from applying a standard of His own knowing as far as weighing of their unrighteousness/wickedness which we call sin. undecided

3. If the israelites were righteous, God wouldn't have needed to send Jesus Christ to them. undecided

4. Jesus Christ meant exactly what He said there. He came to call the sinners , and not the righteous to God. The sinners were those struggling under the weight of the Law to meet God's standard of righteousness so it was them that Jesus Christ came to die for in order to redeem from the heavy weight on them. undecided

The righteous were made righteous through the following of God's Law - and yes, there were many made righteous by the following of the Law - , so Jesus Christ did not come to call them instead He came to call instead those who were weary and Heavy laden, this from carrying the heavy yoke and burden of God's Law - Matthew 11 vs 28 - 30 - in order to give them rest from it. undecided

5. The Pharisees prove Jesus Christ wrong, how exactly? They were the blind who Jesus Christ described as lacking understanding so how could he have expected them to see if they, according, to Him, were not even aware of their own blindness? undecided

By the way, in the Gospels, you were told of at least 5 individuals who were able to attain righteousness through living under the Old Covenant Law of Moses.
▪︎ Anna, the Prophet
▪︎ John the Baptist
▪︎ Joseph, father of Jesus Christ
▪︎ Joseph of Arimathea
▪︎ Zechariah and Elizabeth his wife, parents of John the Baptist

These were some of the righteous people whom Jesus Christ did not come to call. undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Did Not Come To Die For Your Sin by Kobojunkie: 1:20pm On May 09, 2022
Kayberg:
1. But that if you think you're righteous, then you can forget about Him, but never forget this that, GOD ounce said these to a righteous man:

Job 40 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶ Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
⁷ Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
⁸ Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?
⁹ Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?
¹⁰ Deck thyself now with majesty and excellency; and array thyself with glory and beauty.
¹¹ Cast abroad the rage of thy wrath: and behold every one that is proud, and abase him.
¹² Look on every one that is proud, and bring him low; and tread down the wicked in their place.
¹³ Hide them in the dust together; and bind their faces in secret.
¹⁴ Then will I also confess unto thee that thine own right hand can save thee.
1. Righteousness isn't about what one thinks but about meeting God's own standard as far righteousness is concerned. In Jesus Christ, the righteous are Sons of God (John 8 vs 31 - 32) who are lead to do works of righteousness (Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40). God made it so and His very own Spirit the seal that stamps separate those who are righteous from those who are not. undecided

In Job's case, God Himself gave Job the Righteousness stamp of approval even before He sent Satan out to put Job through the fire, did He not? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Olabowale: I Love You For A'llah's Sake ! / Does The Bible Permits Remarriage After Divource? / Lets Pray For Our Christian Brothers In India!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.