Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,364 members, 7,957,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

I Want To Create A Forum Like This One - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Create A Forum Like This One (865 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Kick Start A Forum Like NL / How To Create A Forum Like Nairaland / Learn How To Create A Chat Forum Like Nairaland And Become A Multimillionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 08, 2022
Pls am considering html, css and javascript and mysql. Will it be possible
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by chatinent: 8:03pm On May 08, 2022
lifeoman:

A forum like Nairaland?
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 08, 2022
Yap smiley
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Vincyman: 8:44pm On May 08, 2022
Goodluck sir, But meanwhile you need a lot of money
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 08, 2022
Vincyman:
Goodluck sir, But meanwhile you need a lot of money
how?
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Light78: 9:17pm On May 08, 2022
Site maintenance and many more.
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by SALVATION30(m): 9:27pm On May 08, 2022
lifeoman:
Will it be possible? Most of the most popular websites(Facebook, Twitter,...) has HTML,CSS, JS and MySQL included in their tech stack.

No type of website is impossible. It's only a matter of if you can afford to hire the right developers that'll build, scale and maintain it.
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by truthCoder: 10:33pm On May 08, 2022
lifeoman:

Nairaland is a dynamic website.

In the olden days when seun built it, he used vanilla HTML and CSS, with i think JQuery plus PHP/perl for backend? or whatever stone and chisel was available then.

Today, you would use frameworks like React or Sveltekit for the frontend and a cloud based Node.js/Python/PHP backend with Database like MySQL/PostgreSQL or MongoDB to store.

One thing with Nairaland though, the code is mostly tables and rows. This makes it look perfectly aligned in the middle of the screen. The disadvantage is that it shows the same view irrespective of screen size. It simply increases or decreases proportion as the case maybe.

Persistence on Nairaland is done with cookies that that ARE NOT secure and subject to Cross-Site Request Forgeries. As long as it is all banter and romance discussions, no ish.
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 08, 2022
truthCoder:

Nairaland is a dynamic website.

In the olden days when seun built it, he used vanilla HTML and CSS, with i think JQuery plus PHP/perl for backend? or whatever stone and chisel was available then.

Today, you would use frameworks like React or Sveltekit for the frontend and a cloud based Node.js/Python/PHP backend with Database like MySQL/PostgreSQL or MongoDB to store.

One thing with Nairaland though, the code is mostly tables and rows. This makes it look perfectly aligned in the middle of the screen. The disadvantage is that it shows the same view irrespective of screen size. It simply increases or decreases proportion as the case maybe.

Persistence on Nairaland is done with cookies that that ARE NOT secure and subject to Cross-Site Request Forgeries. As long as it is all banter and romance discussions, no ish.

i taught php is outdated
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by truthCoder: 11:39pm On May 08, 2022
lifeoman:

i taught php is outdated

PHP has a lot of developers.

Many sites are built with PHP.

Many people know only PHP and its tech stacks…

As long as those people are still Senior Tech Leads in their companies, PHP would still be around.

PHP/Wordpress accounts for more than half of the internet.

PHP would be around for some time
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by ArcheKit: 9:06am On May 09, 2022
truthCoder:

PHP has a lot of developers.

Many sites are built with PHP.

Many people know only PHP and its tech stacks…

As long as those people are still Senior Tech Leads in their companies, PHP would still be around.

PHP/Wordpress accounts for more than half of the internet.

PHP would be around for some time
Yes indeed it's just that PHP is a little bit hard to maintain but the learning curve is very impressive a
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 11:52am On May 09, 2022
What about asp.net
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by ArcheKit: 12:14pm On May 09, 2022
lifeoman:
What about asp.net
Asp.net is very good, has flexibility, powerful tool box especially it's constant monitoring feature it's amazing but it's kinda raw and the documentation is a bit lacking and generally it's not good enough I only advise it for hardened veterans
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by MindHacker9009(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2022
lifeoman:
What about asp.net

asp.net is the best tool for such a forum as it has a very good IDE which is very easy to work with. You just need to understand Java, C Or C++ and you are good to go.
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:

asp.net is the best tool for such a forum as it has a very good IDE which is very easy to work with. You just need to understand Java, C Or C++ and you are good to go.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 09, 2022
ArcheKit:

Asp.net is very good, has flexibility, powerful tool box especially it's constant monitoring feature it's amazing but it's kinda raw and the documentation is a bit lacking and generally it's not good enough I only advise it for hardened veterans
Understood
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by tollyboy5(m): 10:30pm On May 09, 2022
Php is here and going nowhere. grin .

When you think it's over for php they come with new stuff.
Laravel framework will space out many framework trust me grin .

I trying to even use php for embedded system also

1 Like

Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by Nobody: 10:36pm On May 09, 2022
tollyboy5:
Php is here and going nowhere. grin .
When you think it's over for php they come with new stuff. Laravel framework will space out many framework trust me grin .
I trying to even use php for embedded system also
alright
Re: I Want To Create A Forum Like This One by femmix112(m): 10:05am On May 10, 2022
I designed a project similar and a little advanced than this it process videos and documents upload I used php for that.

You can check it out studmit.com

(1) (Reply)

HTML-CSS Tutorial: How To Create A Pricing Page With HTML And CSS / Frontend Or Backend / Information Technology Outsourcing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.