Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange (27720 Views)

#MamadorBreakfastseries: Expert Nutritionists Give Some Healthy Breakfast Recipe / How To Prepare Plantain And Egg Frittata: Nigerian Breakfast Idea / How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by baralatie(m): 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
fasho01:

Thanks, but I'll pass
What about custard
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Johnkay01: 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2022

With all these barrage of problems in Nigeria "nna still dey chop" !

Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by baralatie(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
I think it is the addition of carrot and green peas
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Sambai65(m): 12:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
Iliveforever:
Op why showing us when you won’t give us to taste.
This is oppression
serious oppression, @Lala we will not take this

1 Like

Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
U are stupid. Potatoes is one of the healthiest carb compared to yam, rice and all swallows. Make another point
moshino:

How is potato a "healthy breakfast"? It's full of carbs, and immediately elevates your insulin, how's that "healthy".
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by SoapQueen(f): 12:48pm On Jun 13, 2022
ama19:
This is a wonderful recipe that you can prepare for breakfast. it is very easy to prepare and will no doubt be a household favourite each time you cook it.

You will need the following ingredients:
Sweet potato
Irish Potatoes
Eggs
Green Bell Pepper
Carrots
Green Beans
Tomatoes
Onions
Pepper
Curry Powder
Seasoning
Vegetable oil
Salt

Please see the video below and share your kind comments or questions. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTBmZg2-3ZA

My challenge is that I like to swallow eba in the mornings.

So bad! Chai!

Your meal looks great and healthy!
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by chaseblack(m): 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
moshino:

How is potato a "healthy breakfast"? It's full of carbs, and immediately elevates your insulin, how's that "healthy".

As an alternative to bread/rice it is definitely a better choice.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Josipov: 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Shellsploit:
Makes brain with Akam!
I heard it aids for penial longitudinal section shocked
Please, what is Akam?
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Ezonman(m): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2022
Why not add eggs
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Olatara(f): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2022
Channah1:

Exactly my thoughts.

I'll do mine without the sweet potato. Might substitute it with unripe plantain.
unripe plantain will still burn my chest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Lastborn0074: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
Correct
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by safetyboot: 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
Why using sweet and Irish potatoes together?
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by STEWpid(f): 1:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
Chai
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Shellsploit: 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
Josipov:

Please, what is Akam?

Pap grin
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by baralatie(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
safetyboot:
I now understand why she mixed the two
Sweet potato is vitamin a
Irish potato is an antioxidant

But the flavours are different sha

There has to been another way to use both
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by ama19: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ezonman:
Why not add eggs

Eggs are already included. You can add more as youi see fit, but it's best to do it with moderation.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by ama19: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
safetyboot:

For taste balancing, that is not too sweet (in the case of the sweet potatoes) and not to bland (in the case of the Irish Potatoes).

You can also use only Irish Potatoes if you're not a fan of sweet potatoes
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Lewisalexander(m): 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
baralatie:

You don't like Irish potatoes?

Maybe because I have never had boild ones.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Soylife(m): 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
Tamilore11:
U are stupid. Potatoes is one of the healthiest carb compared to yam, rice and all swallows. Make another point
Oga potato is not an healthy carb,it has a high glycemic index and spikes your blood sugar level,the healthiest carbs out there are fibres such as beans,oats,etc...resistant starch is also a healthy carb such as unripe plantain
You see sugar and starchy carbs,you better stay off them.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Wwwq: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nice
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by GameGod(m): 8:00am On Jun 14, 2022
Nice

Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Ex0rcistt: 8:04am On Jun 14, 2022
Channah1:

Exactly my thoughts.

I'll do mine without the sweet potato. Might substitute it with unripe plantain.
Sweet potato has the same amount of calories as Irish, it's the lowest carb tuber crop (Yam, Cassava, etc). It's has better nutrients than unripe plantain. Try do your research, it's a very moderate breakfast, as it will fill you up quickly preventing you from eating much.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Ex0rcistt: 8:06am On Jun 14, 2022
Soylife:

Oga potato is not an healthy carb,it has a high glycemic index and spikes your blood sugar level,the healthiest carbs out there are fibres such as beans,oats,etc...resistant starch is also a healthy carb such as unripe plantain
You see sugar and starchy carbs,you better stay off them.
Potato is one of the most healthy carb, stop taking advice from all this doctors forming nutritionist. Listen to professional nutritionists, and they will confirm to you how sweet potato is a very good carb source.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Soylife(m): 8:22am On Jun 14, 2022
Ex0rcistt:

Potato is one of the most healthy carb, stop taking advice from all this doctors forming nutritionist. Listen to professional nutritionists, and they will confirm to you how sweet potato is a very good carb source.
I don't take advice from doctors,i read a lot. I gave reasons why potato isn't an healthy carb,it has high gi which spikes your blood sugar same with foods such as rice,garri,bread,etc
I can only advice anyone eating potato to do so with lots and lots of vegetable,as it will help reduce the high gi of potato.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Channah1(f): 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ex0rcistt:

Sweet potato has the same amount of calories as Irish, it's the lowest carb tuber crop (Yam, Cassava, etc). It's has better nutrients than unripe plantain. Try do your research, it's a very moderate breakfast, as it will fill you up quickly preventing you from eating much.

I wasn't talking about the calorie count but the sugary taste. I just wanted something with a plain taste to go with the Irish, reason I mentioned unripe plantain.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by sniperwolf(m): 12:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Wifey tried this today though the ingredients in the house weren't complete but it was nice

2 Likes

Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Reinamaria(f): 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
sniperwolf:
Wifey tried this today though the ingredients in the house weren't complete but it was nive

Looks good, but she used too much oil.
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by ama19: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
sniperwolf:
Wifey tried this today though the ingredients in the house weren't complete but it was nive

Wow! nice attempt smiley Kudos to wifey!
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Bfly: 4:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
Well done
Re: Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange by Kryzboy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
nice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Irritating Food Combos I Can Never Cook Or Accept From Any One / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World / Amala And Gbegiri Lovers` Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.