Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest (760 Views)

Muslim Man Entered A Catholic Church In Canada And Prayed (Video, Photos) / Ifeanyi Ubah Builds A Catholic Cathedral In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / A Catholic Priest Celebrates Christ In A Traditional Way In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 1:04am On May 09, 2022
Can anyone point me to any direction where I can get clarity to this yearning to becoming a catholic priest?
I'm definitely going to pray about it. How do I know for sure this is a genuine intention? Are there places I can go to that can help me synthesize just to be sure it's a devine call? Plus when & where can I apply?

1 Like

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On May 09, 2022
WantsandMore:
Can anyone point me to any direction where I can get clarity to this yearning to becoming a catholic priest?
I'm definitely going to pray about it. How do I know for sure this is a genuine intention? Are there places I can go to that can help me synthesize just to be sure it's a devine call? Plus when & where can I apply?
Be sure that Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with this move to serve in any of the churches of men. undecided

1 Like

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 7:12am On May 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Be sure that Jesus Christ has absolutely nothing to do with this move to serve in any of the churches of men. undecided
I don't understand. What do you mean?

2 Likes

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On May 09, 2022
WantsandMore:
I don't understand. What do you mean?
Your churches,including your catholic enterprise, have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 1:51pm On May 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Your churches,including your catholic enterprise, have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus Christ. undecided
hmm, interesting perspective and why do you say this?

1 Like

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On May 09, 2022
WantsandMore:
hmm, interesting perspective and why do you say this?
Because Jesus Christ never asked any of His followers to build, nor organize, nor join churches in this world in His name. undecided

Jesus Christ said that a little leaven(lie) leaves the whole lump. The very foundation on which your churches are built is a lie and these lies deceive people away from following God's Truth, as Jesus Christ warned. undecided
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 2:26pm On May 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Because Jesus Christ never asked any of His followers to build, nor organize, nor join churches in this world in His name. undecided

Jesus Christ said that a little leaven(lie) leaves the whole lump. The very foundation on which your churches are built is a lie and these lies deceive people away from following God's Truth, as Jesus Christ warned. undecided
ok, but what did Jesus mean with "Upon this rock, I'll build my church?"& wah you mean jesus never asked his followers to do the above whereas several bible passages contradict your opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 2:29pm On May 09, 2022
WantsandMore:
ok, but what did Jesus mean with "Upon this rock, I'll build my church?"
I think what many gloss over is the fact that Jesus Christ said, His Church will be built, not by hands of men, but by Himself. undecided

His Church is built by Him, Jesus Christ, not by men. And certainly His Church is not of this world given that His Kingdom, which He calls men away from the world into, is also not of this world. undecided
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 09, 2022
Bros just pray about your vocation and talk to the parish priest of your parish. Discuss with him about your yearning and he will be in a better position to advise you and recommend you to the bishop. Don't let these Protestants sway u from ur call if it's genuine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On May 09, 2022
Goodieman:
Bros just pray about your vocation and talk to the parish priest of your parish. Discuss with him about your yearning and he will be in a better position to advise you and recommend you to the bishop. Don't let these Protestants sway u from ur call if it's genuine
I am not a protestant at all. I am a follower of Jesus Christ alone and Nowhere is Jesus Christ, the one who you all claim as savior command any of what you do is His name. undecided

Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him, and love Him, are those who obey His teachings (and commandments). So how can you think He glories in you doing that which He has not commanded pretending you do so in His name? undecided
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 5:46am On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not a protestant at all. I am a follower of Jesus Christ alone and Nowhere is Jesus Christ, the one who you all claim as savior command any of what you do is His name. undecided

Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him, and love Him, are those who obey His teachings (and commandments). So how can you think He glories in you doing that which He has not commanded pretending you do so in His name? undecided
Do you intend to write off over 2000 years of the Christian evolution from a people persecuted for simply been Christians who eventually had to organise & protect themselves ? Ofc, christ already spoke of false prophets, wolves amongst us in sheep clothing, those who will call him christ & yet not make heaven. Don't you think there's is reason things are the way they are right now? 2023 AD & 2000 years from now don't you imagine christianity would have evolved into something beautiful that none of us would've imagined? Moreover, the purpose of been christ like to begin with is to evolve into a spiritual level where 0ne can have personal relationships with his or her God & while there are people like you who are far ahead in this Journey, you must exercise patience with those who are starting and encourage them with love and compassion irrespective of label or nomenclature of the person for christ came to die for the whole world, been christ like like is not an easy journey however it must be done and men shall one day evolve unto a compassionate loving spirit with the blood of christ at the centre.
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 5:49am On May 10, 2022
Goodieman:
Boss, I understand thanks for your kind words. There's just so much chaos in the Christian community nowadays that we spend so much time and energy and debating while we easily forget what is important; to love & to be the light & salt of the world. May the good lord grant us wisdom, knowledge & understanding to do his will.
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 6:11am On May 10, 2022
WantsandMore:

1. Do you intend to write off over 2000 years of the Christian evolution from a people persecuted for simply been Christians who eventually had to organise & protect themselves ?

2. Ofc, christ already spoke of false prophets, wolves amongst us in sheep clothing, those who will call him christ & yet not make heaven. Don't you think there's is reason things are the way they are right now?

3. 2023 AD & 2000 years from now don't you imagine christianity would have evolved into something beautiful that none of us would've imagined?

4. Moreover, the purpose of been christ like to begin with is to evolve into a spiritual level where 0ne can have personal relationships with his or her God & while there are people like you who are far ahead in this Journey, you must exercise patience with those who are starting and encourage them with love and compassion irrespective of label or nomenclature of the person for christ came to die for the whole world, been christ like like is not an easy journey however it must be done and men shall one day evolve unto a compassionate loving spirit with the blood of christ at the centre.
1. Evolution? Jesus Christ never said His followers had defend themselves in any way. In fact, He commanded the opposite which is that they make no attempts to defend themselves from their enemies - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48 undecided

2. The reason Christianity looks absolutely nothing like that which Jesus Christ taught His followers you mean? undecided

God's Law is eternal, and Jesus Christ is God's Law and Truth for all those who are of the Kingdom of God. So when these same refuse to submit to and obey Jesus Christ, choosing instead to follow the doctrines and traditions of men instead, dishonoring God by their choice, what do you expect to happen? undecided

3. My hope is that by then what is Christianity today would have been overthrown and replaced with God's Truth from 2000 years ago, God's Law so people don't continue to live and die meaninglessly pretending they did it in honor of God when it was all to the glory of the many false prophets and false teachers and their earthly kingdoms. undecided

4. I am afraid that isn't what Jesus Christ said the purpose of being Christ-like is about. This is instead the hogwash your priests, mogs, and other motivational speakers feed you lot but has absolutely nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ taught His followers . lipsrsealed
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 8:35am On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Evolution? Jesus Christ never said His followers had defend themselves in any way. In fact, He commanded the opposite which is that they make no attempts to defend themselves from their enemies - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48 undecided

2. The reason Christianity looks absolutely nothing like that which Jesus Christ taught His followers you mean? undecided

God's Law is eternal, and Jesus Christ is God's Law and Truth for all those who are of the Kingdom of God. So when these same refuse to submit to and obey Jesus Christ, choosing instead to follow the doctrines and traditions of men instead, dishonoring God by their choice, what do you expect to happen? undecided

3. My hope is that by then what is Christianity today would have been overthrown and replaced with God's Truth from 2000 years ago, God's Law so people don't continue to live and die meaninglessly pretending they did it in honor of God when it was all to the glory of the many false prophets and false teachers and their earthly kingdoms. undecided

4. I am afraid that isn't what Jesus Christ said the purpose of being Christ-like is about. This is instead the hogwash your priests, mogs, and other motivational speakers feed you lot but has absolutely nothing to do with that which Jesus Christ taught His followers . lipsrsealed
May God help us to walk to the talk and help those around us to see the truth.

1 Like

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 3:25pm On May 10, 2022
WantsandMore:

May God help us to walk to the talk and help those around us to see the truth.
You can only know the Truth of God when you remove your focus from those around you to focus it squarely on God and what God says. undecided
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Maynman: 4:02pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You can only know the Truth of God when you remove your focus from those around you to focus it squarely on God and what God says. undecided

Junkie, the Bible you are reading now who did you think compiled it? It was complied by the Catholic and written by unknown people after “Jesus” die hundred of years ago.
All your understanding about the Bible are specially put there by those who set up the canonization.
All these “Jesus said” it was the Catholic that wanted him to say it, he said a lot of thing they only chose the one that suits the Catholic agenda.

This your Bible why not research about it, and look at the history of where this “Jesus” sayings come from.
If you reject those that complied the Bible, you reject your “Jesus” bwahahahah.
You are funny, are you not using one of the hundreds of VERSION of bibles they created.

1 Like

Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by WantsandMore: 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
you are right but a candle that shines in the dark doesn't only serve it owner but everything else within it reach.
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Kobojunkie: 10:15pm On May 10, 2022
WantsandMore:
you are right but a candle that shines in the dark doesn't only serve it owner but everything else within it reach.
Sure it serves those within its reach but in order to get that candle lit, and keep it lit, the candle owner keeps his attention fully on the one whose light it is that lights his candle, at all times. undecided
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Maynman: 10:19pm On May 10, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Sure it serves those within its reach but in order to get that candle lit, and keep it lit, the candle owner keeps his attention fully on the one whose whose light it is that lights his candle, at all times. undecided

Is this person also keeping attention to the person that lights his own candle at all times too?
Re: Discernment To Been A Catholic Priest by Nobody: 12:14am On May 12, 2022
Amen.

WantsandMore:

Boss, I understand thanks for your kind words. There's just so much chaos in the Christian community nowadays that we spend so much time and energy and debating while we easily forget what is important; to love & to be the light & salt of the world. May the good lord grant us wisdom, knowledge & understanding to do his will.

(1) (Reply)

Some Important Africans Mentioned In The Bible / Paulians Believe Jesus Only Laid The Foundation Of Church But Paul Built Upon It / Do You Want To Be Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.