Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,531 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? (684 Views)

What Intimacy In Marriage Really Mean And How To Build It - Faith Oyedepo / Daddy Freeze: If An Engaged Couple Have Sex, It Is Not FORNICATION! / Reasons Why You Should Not Think Of Sex At Your Youthful Age (fornication) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2022
There you have the question. A lot of opinion will be appreciated please.
Cc: Seun Nlfpmod
Kindly please help move to front page �.

OAM4J
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by Natbrowny: 11:31am On Sep 08, 2022
Difference between both is that prostitution involves money automatically while fornication may involve money too but its not compulsory.

They both entail sleeping around.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by terrezo2002(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2022
Fornication is sexual sin between unmarried couples.
Prostitution is also fornication because it is sex with unmarried couples.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:55am On Sep 08, 2022
Sexual relations between two unmarried adults ~ Fornication
Sexual relations based on material or gain ~ Prostitution.

Fornicators enjoy mating finds it difficult to control the urge.

The prostitute in some cases may not like it but engages in the act due to the condition he/she finds himself/herself.

1 Like

Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by magnum247: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2022
Op, I don't know the reason you re asking grin grin but for the record, they re both very deadly sin cause it's against your flesh.

Fornication is intimacy between two or more unmarried fellows. While,
Prostitution is when a man or woman sells sex for money. The man or woman might be married but once you re known as someone who gives sex in exchange for money, you automatically become a prostitute. Hope my reply was enlightening.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2022
magnum247:
Op, I don't know the reason you re asking grin grin but for the record, they re both very deadly sin cause it's against your flesh.

Fornication is intimacy between two or more unmarried fellows. While,
Prostitution is when a man or woman sells sex for money. The man or woman might be married but once you re known as someone who gives sex in exchange for money, you automatically become a prostitute. Hope my reply was enlightening.

I asked because I learnt somewhere that the origin of the word 'fornication' means prostitution.
Then the passage that says 'marriage is honourable in all, when the bed is undefiled' is talking about Adultery and Prostitution which is different from sex before marriage.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by magnum247: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
4Humanity4All:

I asked because I learnt somewhere that the origin of the word 'fornication' means prostitution.
Then the passage that says 'marriage is honourable in all, when the bed is undefiled' is talking about Adultery and Prostitution which is different from sex before marriage.
They re not one and the same. Maybe you re misinterpreting the context from where you learnt it from.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by judedwriter(m): 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2022
4Humanity4All:
There you have the question. A lot of opinion will be appreciated please.
Cc: Seun Nlfpmod
Kindly please help move to front page �.

Fornication is premarital sex.

There is no difference between fornication and prostitution.

A lot of girls that sleep with their boyfriends for money are no different from prostitutes who collect a fee for their bodies.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2022
magnum247:

They re not one and the same. Maybe you re misinterpreting the context from where you learnt it from.

So, do you know about the concept of fornication and where the word was gotten from?
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by magnum247: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2022
4Humanity4All:

So, do you know about the concept of fornication and where the word was gotten from?
From my research, the word is even not related to anything concerning sex. According to encyclopedia, it was derived from the latin word fornix which means archway; the vaulted arches of churches which are called fornication. The term gained its sexual connotation because prostitutes in Rome often solicited business from the archways of buildings. I now understand where u re getting to smiley some of this English words re sometimes ambiguous and that's why we have adultery to remove this ambiguity.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 09, 2022
magnum247:

From my research, the word is even not related to anything concerning sex. According to encyclopedia, it was derived from the latin word fornix which means archway; the vaulted arches of churches which are called fornication. The term gained its sexual connotation because prostitutes in Rome often solicited business from the archways of buildings. I now understand where u re getting to smiley some of this English words re sometimes ambiguous and that's why we have adultery to remove this ambiguity.

Great discovery,but you do know that Adultery is different from Fornication,I mean according to the meaning most churches give them.
I used to think fornication is the same as sex
before marriage. Since, someone opened my eyes to the concept of Fornication,I have had doubts.
If the person is right,I keep wondering why the church missed out on that.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by magnum247: 9:03am On Sep 09, 2022
4Humanity4All:

Great discovery,but you do know that Adultery is different from Fornication,I mean according to the meaning most churches give them.
I used to think fornication is the same as sex
before marriage. Since, someone opened my eyes to the concept of Fornication,I have had doubts.
If the person is right,I keep wondering why the church missed out on that.
From a religious point of view, they where all called sexual immorality. They are all sin of the flesh and like everything else, humans tried to distinguish them by giving different names. For example gay and lesbian,the re both same only that when its btw 2 males, it's a gay relationship and so on.
Re: What Does Fornication Really Mean And How Is It Different From Prostitution? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2022
magnum247:

From a religious point of view, they where all called sexual immorality. They are all sin of the flesh and like everything else, humans tried to distinguish them by giving different names. For example gay and lesbian,the re both same only that when its btw 2 males, it's a gay relationship and so on.

And when and where exactly were they all called sexual immorality?
Then, when did human try to distinguish them? I mean, which human are you referring to?

(1) (Reply)

Fake Tongues Exposed! / Jesus Was A Fraud. / Why did Judas betrayed Christ, is it because of the money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.