Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended (497 Views)

ASUU: Hold Govt Responsible For Our Next Action / Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting / ASUU Strike Update: ASUU To Announce Continuation Or Suspension Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended by Shineoneday: 8:15am On May 09, 2022
Members of the National Executive Council of Academic Staff Union of Universities held a crucial meeting in Abuja over their 12-week strike, The PUNCH has learnt.

A member of ASUU NEC told our correspondent that the strike may be extended.

“We are still meeting. But from the reports given so far, we have no reason to suspend the strike. The Federal Government is not serious,” the NEC member said.

The PUNCH had reported that ASUU had on February 14 commenced a warning strike to press home some demands.

The lecturers asked the government to implement the Memorandum of Action signed in December 2020 on funding for the revitalisation of public universities.

Other demands are Earned Academic Allowances, renegotiation of the 2009 agreement and the deployment of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution among others.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, had on Friday stated that the Federal Government and ASUU would resume negotiation this week

He said, “We don’t have to cry over spilt milk. Let us look at your issues to see the ones we can handle immediately, the ones we can do in the medium term and the ones we can do in the long term.

“There are certain ones that are over and above me that are not in my hands to do.

“My job is to prepare an agreement after conciliation on what you have agreed with your employers, the Federal Ministry of Education, put timelines and monitor them, to see whether the results will be there,” he said.

Source : https://punchng.com/breaking-ASUU-nec-meeting-ongoing-may-extend-strike/?amp#aoh=16520718378613&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
Re: ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended by Tonypens48(m): 8:16am On May 09, 2022
Hmm
Re: ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:20am On May 09, 2022
2009 agreement.....Jesus forbid this elites and thunder fire them..Since 2009,Omo na wa ooo..You owe person ? Same way they hid ordinary indomie from us during Covid.. Well vote for the elites...wetin consign me.
Re: ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended by Imortal001: 8:21am On May 09, 2022
Abeg oh, enough of all this strike!
Re: ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended by everythinggirly(f): 8:27am On May 09, 2022
Like seriously? Buhari, what's all these nau?
The system is gradually falling day by day, people are busy buying presidential form for election.
Seriously, these boys and girls need to resume school. infact, what is the fate of those writing jamb?
Is Nigeria cursed? Why do things like going left left??

Hit me up for your academic research writing services!
Re: ASUU UPDATE: ASUU Hold Crucial Meeting, The Strike May Be Extended by Shineoneday: 8:34am On May 09, 2022
Only God can save us in the corn-Tree

(1) (Reply)

Take A Look At This Funny Exam Question... / ASUU Announces Continuation Of Strike, Disowns Breakaway Faction / Please Help- See The Question Given To My Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.