Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months (1497 Views)

UNILAG Students Protest As ASUU Extends Strike By Three Months / ASUU Confirms Extension Of Strike By 3 Months / BREAKING: ASUU Extends Strike For 2 months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Ademola47(m): 9:34am On May 09, 2022
ASUU NEC extends rollover strike by 12 weeks

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) early Monday morning extended the ongoing strike by 12 weeks.

The decision was taken at an emergency National Executive Council (NEC) held at ASUU Secretariat in Abuja.

The emergency meeting, which had in attendance principal officers and branch chairmen, started on Sunday and ended early Monday morning.

The two month rollover strike declared in March 14, 2022 by ASUU ended today (May 9th), thus NEC felt the need to extend it by 12 weeks after initial agitation for indefinite strike because of failure to address the issues in contention.

The implication of the extension of the strike is that public universities would remain close.

At the last meeting with government negotiation team led by Prof. Nimi Briggs, ASUU officials worked out but there is indication that the both parties would meet next week.

ASUU’s demands include the non-implementation of the Memorandum of Action (MoA) signed with government in December 2020 on funding for revitalisation of public universities (both federal and states), renegotiation of the 2009 FGN/ ASUU Agreement and the deployment of the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS).

Other outstanding issues are earned academic allowances; state universities, promotion arrears, withheld salaries, non-remittance of third-party deductions and rejection of UTAS that ASUU technical team developed to replace the Integrated Personnel Payroll Information System (IPPIS).

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/ASUU-nec-extends-rollover-strike-by-12-weeks/%3famp]The Sun[/url]

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Nobody: 9:35am On May 09, 2022
las las Students go and learn skill..school na ...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Aonkuuse(m): 9:36am On May 09, 2022
We are in trouble

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Yeyeboi05(m): 9:37am On May 09, 2022
nawa
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Ebubu3: 9:39am On May 09, 2022
Ok 3 more months

That’s by 9th August they will converge again and decide whether to extend another one or not.

February to August means 8months strike

Male Students would have completed a welding course, tiling work, or plumbing by then.

While the female students who have already carry belle will beg ASUU and FG to extend strike by 1 more month for them to born at home, instead of going to lecture with 8months pregnancy.

Three of my female colleagues have wedded during this strike, more will marry. So the strike is a huge blessing to every Nigerian student.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Seventhheaven: 9:41am On May 09, 2022
Hisbah21:
las las

Students go and learn skill..school na ...

That's the sure deal as I'm learning about digital stuffs especially Blockchain and cryptocurrency

1 Like

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by bodmas119(m): 9:42am On May 09, 2022
Check my signature and acquired a skill today

1 Like

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Nobody: 9:43am On May 09, 2022
Seventhheaven:

That's the sure deal as I'm learning about digital stuffs especially Blockchain and cryptocurrency

better for u guy
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Baitullah: 9:44am On May 09, 2022
And they are busy buying electoral tickets in millions and billions. Ok

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by justicechichex: 9:45am On May 09, 2022
Wahala. See the educational system of a so-called giant of africa.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Mirabella01: 9:47am On May 09, 2022
Hopeless...
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by sinkhole: 9:50am On May 09, 2022
justicechichex:
Wahala. See the educational system of a so-called giant of africa.
Nigeria na Guy Ant! stop associating Nigeria with giants.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Agricmoney(m): 9:54am On May 09, 2022
chai education is gradually moving to the part of privatization. This strike is what makes the youths see education as trash and limits the countries academic work force

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by justicechichex: 9:57am On May 09, 2022
sinkhole:
Nigeria na Guy Ant! stop associating Nigeria with giants.

Dem dey claim say dem be giant with mouth.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by TheGreyKnight(m): 9:59am On May 09, 2022
The medical students don't deserve this.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Emperordynasty: 10:01am On May 09, 2022
So this stuff is for real, 3 months is to be wasted now...God let the leaders destroying this nation never have peace of mind
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Nuelzi: 10:02am On May 09, 2022
Which way Nigeria?
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Theactor(m): 10:04am On May 09, 2022
This is so bad

and sadly government don't care
I pity who still follow all this politicians,I pray una go get sense one day.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by 9jayes: 10:04am On May 09, 2022
Aonkuuse:
We are in trouble

Go learn handwork

1 Like

Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by iamyemiakins(m): 10:12am On May 09, 2022
ASUU don turn warning strike to monthly subscription wey dem dey rollover.

I'm not happy about the strike, I'm also not ready to resume. This country no just balance at all
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by McJelly(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2022
Kikikikikikiki
Season 2 episode 1
Or
Scene 2 act 1
The saying that the root of education is bitter but the fruits is sweet is not applicable to the Nigeria system.
Here, both root and fruits just bitter.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by sammysmiles(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2022
God go help dis country.... As for Buhari nothing concern am...
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Voldoz: 10:25am On May 09, 2022
See I go clear una the truth FG no get time for education same as ASUU non of them get time for education at all, guy 3 months for what atleast just say indefinite cause 3 months sounds heartless oo.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Saquan56: 10:26am On May 09, 2022
We are finished
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Sacred007: 10:26am On May 09, 2022
the only thing that can help now is protest.
Aggressive one like that of endsars.
Bet it, they will find a long lasting solution to this menace.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by BadNews: 10:29am On May 09, 2022
Nawa o
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Jolene201(f): 10:34am On May 09, 2022
TheGreyKnight:
The medical students don't deserve this.
At all...I'm still trying to not believe this...wait,do they want to ruin our lives??
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Authoreety: 10:59am On May 09, 2022
9ja Don cast
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by efembaba(m): 12:25pm On May 09, 2022
see this strike as an opportunity to skill up if you are a student. I remember when I was in school, that was when I picked up web development. I could not continue because my work load was much and there was no time. I thought I would pick it immediately after school. After school, life happened and I could not. I went to work for a small school for four years before I went back to learning JavaScript. If I had d time then to learn when I was in school, I won't be where I am. If you are still counting on your degree alone for success later, You are on a very long sorry journey
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by nairaman66(m): 12:57pm On May 09, 2022
A girl who had unprotected sex before the strike would have given birth before they will end this ASUU strike!

Nigeria is a failed British experiment indeed!
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by gift2xl: 1:14pm On May 09, 2022
And jamb is still conducting exam's. I tire for the kontry.
Re: ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months by Pickmycall: 1:35pm On May 09, 2022
The Attorney general of Nigeria just gifted 50 brand new cars to delegates to buy their votes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Physiology Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / When is BSU Post UME? / The Nigerian Army Dss/ssc Form 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.