Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,660 members, 7,840,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

The True History Of Humanity - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The True History Of Humanity (3506 Views)

The True History Of Israel's Pact With Adolf Hitler / The Holocaust Of Giants. Man's True History uncovered / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: The True History Of Humanity by kodred(m): 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2022
PapaNnamdi:

The Monitor lizard is worshiped as god in my home town, i once asked my dad why the animal was so predominant in the streets at our hometown, it eats ppls eggs and enter their homes or kitchen at will to get whatever and you would see the indigenes thanking the gods for visiting their home as it is a good sign and a blessing.

it was weird to me, a lagosian as at then, some 12 - 15 years ago.
my dad told me that long ago, during a tribe war, the reptile helped our ancestors escape death when they were ambushed, by wading off the enemy and showing them a path that led to their escape.
i would have mentioned the tribe here but it will give my identity to ppl already trying to identify me on nairaland.

Also i served in benue state.
they dont kill snakes in wuese,'
legend had that the snake made a bridge for their great grandfathers when they where escaping the slave masters or so.

crazy things begining to make small sense.
nawa

Damn! I know about Anambra and Enugu worshipping the python. They also do not kill it and penalize anybody that harms it. Are these practices still relevant?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Came First: The Chicken Or The Egg? / A Brother From Saudi-arabia. Journey To CHRIST / EXPOSED! See What Adeboye Has Been Hiding From The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.