Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor (20682 Views)

Wilberforce Yohanna: How Ex-Boko Haram Fighter Became Nigerian Prison Official / Yohanna Maigona: Dutch Declares Interest To Run For Governor In Plateau / Sokoto Assembly Speaker, Rt. Hon Aminu Achida & Hon Bello Maigona Defect To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by WORDSENSEI: 3:18pm On May 09, 2022
The Chief Executive Officer of All-On, Wiebe Boer has debunked reports that he planned to contest for the seat of the Plateau State Governor.

In a statement issued on Monday, the Dutch-Nigerian said that he had no intention of running for the office as he was ineligible to do so.

“It has come to my attention that posters implying that I am running for Governor of Plateau State under the name of Yohanna Maigona have gone viral.

“I am categorically stating that I have no intention of running for political office in Nigeria, and I am not eligible to do so.”

"The only truth to the insinuation is that I was born in Jos and raised in Taraba and Plateau States to Dutch missionary parents and have spent the last 12 years living in Lagos and serving Nigeria and Nigerians in various capacities.

“I have always been a staunch believer in the potential of Nigeria and will continue to support the country’s development from the sidelines," he said in a statement.

Boer is CEO of All On, a Nigerian off-grid energy impact investment company seeded by Shell. He joined All On from BCG where he was one of the founders of the Lagos office. Prior to BCG, Dr Boer spent 5 years with Heirs Holdings in Lagos, playing a variety of strategy & social impact roles.

Dr Boer also worked in the Rockefeller Foundation & McKinsey. He is the author of the acclaimed book A Story of Heroes & Epics: The History of Football in Nigeria and earned a History PhD from Yale University & a bachelor’s degree from Calvin College.

He completed his primary & secondary education at Hillcrest School in Jos, Nigeria where he was born and raised to Dutch missionary parents.

https://thisnigeria.com/plateau-2023-wiebe-boer-denies-gunning-for-office-of-governor/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Rikze: 3:20pm On May 09, 2022
shocked

I had my personal reservations when I saw the news, I knew it's either the news is fake or something is wrong with the guy.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Malory: 3:20pm On May 09, 2022
The powers that be have threatened him to withraw or else they deal with him

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by shigishege: 3:28pm On May 09, 2022
It would have been nice if he can run for the office of the president.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by bigdammyj: 3:34pm On May 09, 2022
Noted

2 Likes

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by SecretReporter(f): 3:34pm On May 09, 2022
They should allow him joor, the once ruling since democracy, what impact have they made

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 09, 2022
Turn that man to black man
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by UncommonLogic: 3:34pm On May 09, 2022
Fake news.
meth cannibal IPIG terrorist monkeys and fake news are like 5 and 6.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:34pm On May 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Graphicslord13: 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
Looking for a graphics designer? Look no further! Contact me on WhatsApp: 0.8.1.3.0.3.1.8.0.9.9
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Leonbonapart(m): 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
I wish he's truly running. All Nigeria politicians are trash. Buhari and elrufai are trash-terrorists

10 Likes

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by ivolt: 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
The poster looked like the work of an amateur.
Coupled with the poor grammar, the same blogger who broke the news
is likely the author.
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Blue3k(m): 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
Lol the guy's not even eligible but clowns have no discernment.

“I am categorically stating that I have no intention of running for political office in Nigeria, and I am not eligible to do so.”

177. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of Governor of a State if

a.he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;

b. he has attained the age of thirty-five years;

c. he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party;

d. and he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

Boer applied to be a Nigerian citizen but did not meet all the requirements. He has Dutch and Canadian citizenship through his father, Jan Harm (John), whose family emigrated to Canada in the 1950s. And he has U.S. citizenship through his mother, Frances Ann (Fran), whose family emigrated to the United States in the 1940s. John and Fran taught their children Hausa, rather than Dutch. Boer’s parents now live in Vancouver, BC.

https://www.christiancourier.ca/calvin-university-appoints-president-wiebe-boer/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Ekakamba: 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
Wish man. Naija energy no be am at all.

grin tongue
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by mytime24(f): 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
Bloggers

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Nahunger(m): 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
grin
Maisona dey fear the animal farm grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Nedses4: 3:35pm On May 09, 2022
Successful people make a lot of sacrifice. Don't envy a successful man without the back-up plan to do what he did to be successful.

You can get your dream job/scholarship today if only you will take the right step and prepare adequately.

A CV introduces you even before you are met. You are your CV!!!

Let's help you get that professional introduction (CV) you need to "wow" your potential employer.

Contact us and we'll make you a top-notch CV with over 15 different CV templates to select from.

Shalom!!

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Bustincole(m): 3:36pm On May 09, 2022
Merely looking at the design... you realise dat the design was not done by a professional

dat makes it a false news

See picture quality... very poor

the designer wanna cash cruise

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Lasbegrt7: 3:36pm On May 09, 2022
Successful people make a lot of sacrifice. Don't envy a successful man without the back-up plan to do what he did to be successful.

You can get your dream job/scholarship today if only you will take the right step and prepare adequately.

A CV introduces you even before you are met. You are your CV!!!

Let's help you get that professional introduction (CV) you need to "wow" your potential employer.

Contact us and we'll make you a top-notch CV with over 15 different CV templates to select from.

Shalom!!

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by manikspears: 3:36pm On May 09, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by johncreek: 3:36pm On May 09, 2022
Not eligible how?

2 Likes

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by Emilokoiyawon: 3:36pm On May 09, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by aspabay(m): 3:36pm On May 09, 2022
Fake news will usher in the destruction of the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by MasterSima(m): 3:37pm On May 09, 2022
His better than all aspirant we have now.
He will soon join so don't believe politicians

1 Like

Re: Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor by OgunleyeA1: 3:38pm On May 09, 2022
see groove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stop Okorocha From Rigging Imo Polls Or Imo’ll Boil, Uzodnma Tells Security Agen / Hakeem Baba-Ahmed Appointed Special Political Adviser To Kashim Shettima / Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.