Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,249 members, 7,822,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya (1291 Views)

2023 Presidency: I Can't Disown Tinubu - Emir Of Kastina / Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline / 2023 Presidency: I Won’t Allow Anyone Deceive Me Again – Sam Ewang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by powerfulguy: 7:13pm On May 09, 2022
Governor Inuwa Yahaya of Gombe State has thrown his weight behind the presidential ambition of Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

Mr Yahaya stated this when Osinbajo paid homage to the Emir of Gombe, Alhaji Abubakar Shehu-Abubakar, on Monday in Gombe.

Mr Osinbajo was in Gombe to interact with All Progressives Congress (APC) stakeholders in the state ahead of the party’s presidential primaries.

The governor said that Osinbajo has the capacity to deliver good governance to Nigerians, adding that he was optimistic as the next president Nigeria would reach the next level of governance to improve on citizens’ wellbeing.

“We are patriotic, we want this country to progress and get to the next level we want to attain.

“I can boldly say it, these people you see in traditional regalia, and on the government side, and the crowd outside are really committed to see you actualise this ambition by becoming the next president of Nigeria by God grace.

“Gombe is a home to the VP for so many reasons; looking at the dynamics and the place, it is you that the president cap fits, squarely nobody can doubt that,” he said.

In his remark, Mr Osinbajo said he was at the palace to pay respect to the emir.

“We are not allowed to play politics in the palace otherwise I would have made a long speech, I only want to let you know that on April 11, I declared my intention to join the presidential race,” he said.

The VP said with the seven years’ experience he garnered under President Muhammadu Buhari, he was now exposed to lead the country in 2023.

He said that serving under a transparent leader like President Buhari, it was an asset he would leveraged to give Nigerians good leadership.

“I believe with the experience that God gave me in that period will be useful if God helps me and enables me to become the president,” he said.

In his response, Shehu-Abubakar described Osinbajo as part of the successes recorded by President Buhari’s administration in the country.

”Your intervention in the area of economic policy had impacted in the lives of so many Nigerians.

“Your vast experience and good attributes; you have maintained a track record, we are studying your humility and grace, we appreciate you and we pray for more success in all your endeavours,” the royal father said.

https://dailynigerian.com/gombe-governor-backs-osinbajo/
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by tollyboy5(m): 7:14pm On May 09, 2022
Day by day the coast is getting clearer

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Richardonald(m): 7:19pm On May 09, 2022
It is PDP that is driving us to do this. grin;DWe have to say so. But we don’t want PDP to take the government from us. If you give the position to a Southerner and PDP gives to a Northerner, APC will go into the wilderness and we are not ready to go into the wilderness.”

Apc dey calculate make Pdp present their flagbearer first..
If he is from the south, then either osinbajo or tinubu will be chosen. But if he is from the north,then a northerner will be the flagbearer... grin sense no go kill Apc
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by HeightsKE: 7:20pm On May 09, 2022
Me too
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Tinubuadvocate: 7:22pm On May 09, 2022
grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by StrongandMighty: 7:23pm On May 09, 2022
We in Sdp will be glad to welcome Tinubu to our great party, but he must beg before we sell our presidential form to him grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by sirjoggy(m): 7:25pm On May 09, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by tollyboy5(m): 7:26pm On May 09, 2022
Richardonald:
It is PDP that is driving us to do this. grin;DWe have to say so. But we don’t want PDP to take the government from us. If you give the position to a Southerner and PDP gives to a Northerner, APC will go into the wilderness and we are not ready to go into the wilderness.”

Apc dey calculate make Pdp present their flagbearer first..
If he is from the south, then either osinbajo or tinubu will be chosen. But if he is from the north,then a northerner will be the flagbearer... grin sense no go kill Apc
Na you dey calculate nonsense! LoL grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 09, 2022
No life gov
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by parklamson: 7:28pm On May 09, 2022
Buhari have 75% power to determine who willl emerge Apc PresidentAl flagbearer, does Buhari trust Osinbajo? The answer is no that’s why can he never hand over power to him again after returns from sickness
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Nigerialabalaba: 7:30pm On May 09, 2022
tollyboy5:
Day by day the coast is getting clearer
With Gombe?? And because Daily Post write am so? U be learner for politics grin

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by MikoB: 7:33pm On May 09, 2022
Nasarawa, Niger, katsina, kaduna, Gombe, Taraba, done and dusted for Osinbajo , more are still coming, its not by shouting, PYO has done his home work. Stay tuned!
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by TheRareGem1(f): 7:34pm On May 09, 2022
It's getting clearer
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Nigerialabalaba: 7:34pm On May 09, 2022
MikoB:
Nasarawa, Niger, katsina, kaduna, Gombe, Taraba, done and dusted for Osinbajo , more are still coming, its not by shouting, PYO has done his home work. Stay tuned!

parklamson:
Buhari have 75% power to determine who willl emerge Apc PresidentAl flagbearer, does Buhari trust Osinbajo? The answer is no that’s why can he never hand over power to him again after returns from sickness

TheRareGem1:
It's getting clearer

Same Buhari wey tell everyone to contest abi anoda one? grin. Una eyes go clear. Go look at d delegates list again. Kano and Osun get d highest folowed by Lasgidi. Abeg, shey Buhari go say make Lagos, Osun and Kano vote against Jagaban so dat a weak Osinbajo go go face Atiku so dat APC go con lose? Lailai. Eveything don finish for PYO . Na 20 days remain and all d dollars and naira PYO dey share go soon expire grin
If dis story no be fake news, just sabi say e mean say Goje dey Jagaban camp be dat.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by TheRareGem1(f): 7:39pm On May 09, 2022
parklamson:

Say what now? grin grin

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by TheRareGem1(f): 7:40pm On May 09, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Same Buhari wey tell everyone to contest abi anoda one? grin. Una eyes go clear. Go look at d delegates list again. Kano and Osun get d highest folowed by Lasgidi. Abeg, shey Buhari go say make Lagos, Osun and Kano vote against Jagaban so dat a weak Osinbajo go go face Atiku so dat APC go con lose? Lailai. Eveything don finish for PYO

Let's the party determine that. GEJ didn't have structure, yet he beat PMB, same goes to Yar'adua grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by okefranci: 7:43pm On May 09, 2022
Wow! Everybody is in support of Osinbajo now
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by tollyboy5(m): 7:44pm On May 09, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

With Gombe?? And because Daily Post write am so? U be learner for politics grin
You wey no be learner , your eyes go soon clear! grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Zeemam: 7:48pm On May 09, 2022
Osinbajo is our choice
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Nigerialabalaba: 7:54pm On May 09, 2022
TheRareGem1:

Let's the party determine that. GEJ didn't have structure, yet he beat PMB, same goes to Yar'adua grin grin
Buhari don serve una memo. dat rigging format una do for Yardua and GEJ no go work o grin

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Realadey(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2022
grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by SwissMass: 8:01pm On May 09, 2022
Peter Obi will surely win Osinbajo, but Pandora Peter Obi has been thrown off balance by PDP, what am I saying sef, Peter Obi has thrown under trailer by PDP

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by fyneguy: 8:12pm On May 09, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Same Buhari wey tell everyone to contest abi anoda one? grin. Una eyes go clear. Go look at d delegates list again. Kano and Osun get d highest folowed by Lasgidi. Abeg, shey Buhari go say make Lagos, Osun and Kano vote against Jagaban so dat a weak Osinbajo go go face Atiku so dat APC go con lose? Lailai. Eveything don finish for PYO . Na 20 days remain and all d dollars and naira PYO dey share go soon expire grin
Just sabi say Goje dey Jagaban camp be dat. Goje be d political leader of d current gov before dem fight.

Inuwa na Jagaban guy. Forget the story this one dey talk.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 9:42pm On May 09, 2022
PYO is surely getting this ticket
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by Axis313(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2022
Let the best ma win jare.
Re: 2023 Presidency: I Am For Osinbajo - Gombe Gov, Inuwa Yahaya by 1875ife: 9:09am On May 10, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Davido And Potable Fight Dirty / Lagos Govt May Close Ladipo, Oyingbo Markets / PDP 4 Peter Obi: New Political Group Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.