Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster (249 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Raises Alarm Over Political Campaign In SE Churches / Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor / 'My First Political Poster Then' - Fayose Shares Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster by GreenAgain: 11:13pm On May 09, 2022
A Plateau State-born Dutch writer, Wiebe Boer, has cried out over the illegal use of his photographs by some faceless people to make political posters declaring his alleged interest in contesting for the position of governor in the state.

The posters which have been making the rounds on the internet, depicted Boer as gunning for the seat of Governor of Plateau State with the name “Yohanna Maigona”, and contesting the position on the platform of a non-existent party, the All for All Peoples Party.

Boer, who was born in Jos and describes himself as a Dutch-Nigerian, is a former athlete, footballer and writer who wrote a very successful book on the history of Nigerian football titled “A Story of Heroes and Epics: The History of Football in Nigeria (1904-1960)” in 2020.

But in a statement denouncing the posters on Monday, Boer who is the CEO of All On Energy, distanced himself from the posters and insisted he had at no time declared any intention to run for any political position in the state or in the country as he is not qualified to run for any political office.

“It has come to my attention that posters implying that I am running for Governor of Plateau State under the name of Yohanna Maigona have gone viral,” Boer wrote in the statement.

“I am categorically stating that I have no intention of running for political office in Nigeria, and I am not eligible to do so.

“The only truth to the insinuation is that I was born in Jos and raised in Taraba and Plateau States to Dutch missionary parents and have spent the last 12 years living in Lagos and serving Nigeria and Nigerians in various capacities.

“I have always been a staunch believer in the potential of Nigeria and will continue to support the country’s development from the sidelines,” he added.

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/jos-based-dutch-writer-wiebe-boer-cries-out-over-illegal-use-of-image-for-political-posters/

Re: Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster by Illuminatiship(m): 11:14pm On May 09, 2022
Ok
Re: Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster by Samunique(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2022
I pray fake news will not cause war in this country and eventually destroy it.

2 Likes

Re: Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:18pm On May 09, 2022
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster by NwaNimo1(m): 11:20pm On May 09, 2022
Too late.....dem don buy your form.

[img]https:///media/3-30-2022/GDyBpU.gif[/img]

...you don enter!

1 Like

Re: Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 09, 2022
You. Must contest
Re: Jos-based Dutch, Wiebe Boer, Cries Out Over Political Poster by Mynd44: 4:54am On May 10, 2022

(1)

Can The World Afford To Stay Silent On The Persecution Of Muslims In India. / Buni And Uzodinma Submit Ahmed Lawan Presidential Form At APC Secretariat / Reps Race 2023: Tinubu's Ally, Rotimi Makinde Takes Case To Almighty God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.