Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census (6495 Views)

Shehu Sani's Prayer For Nigeria's 2023 Census / NIS Trains Staff, Urges Officials To Embrace Ongoing Reforms / Atiku Approves N33,000 Minimum Wage For All 100,000 Staff On His Payroll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by BluntCrazeMan: 6:45am On May 10, 2022
Recall some earlier threads where the NPC announced that the national census would take place in May 2022..
NIGERIA TO CONDUCT DIGITAL CENSUS IN MAY 2022 – NPC...
NOW, THERE ARE SERIOUS INDICATIONS THAT THE NATIONAL CENSUS WOULD NOW TAKE PLACE IN 2023, AND NO MORE IN 2022 AS EARLIER PLANNED..

NPC TRAINS STAFF ON M & E FOR THE 2023 CENSUS

The Chairman of National Population Commission, Hon. Nasir Isa Kwarra, on Monday - 9th May 2022 - officially declared open the commencement of the monitoring and evaluation training on the 2023 Population and Housing Census for the staff of Planning and Research department holding at Sawalino hotel, Keffi in Nasarawa State.

NPC Chairman while delivering his speech, disclosed that the Commission is deeply committed to providing opportunities for training and retraining of staff in all areas critical to the successful delivery of the mandate to keep up the momentum in preparation for the conduct of the fully digital 2023 Census. He said that assessment procedures put in place in the implementation of census activities such as the routine monitoring and evaluation of the Census Pretests and validation exercises as well as the Quality Assurance structure is to ensure accuracy and reliability of the 2023 census results.

Hon. Kwarra reminded the participants to bear in mind that monitoring and evaluation is key to the success of any project and that the Commission acknowledges its importance to keep projects on track. He further commended United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) for providing the resource persons for the training as well as the Chief Technical Adviser for his continued professional contribution to ensuring that Nigeria conducts a successful 2023 Population and Housing Census.

The Honourable Federal Commissioner representing Enugu State and Chairman of Planning and Research Committee, Hon. Ejike Ezeh, in his remarks stated that the training is aimed at improving the participants knowledge of the component and concepts of monitoring and evaluation plan, share insights on best practices and facilitate the development of indicators to monitor the 2023 Population and Housing Census.

The Director, Planning and Research, Hajia Bintu Ibrahim Abba gave the overview of monitoring and evaluation in the Commission.

The Acting Director-General, Mrs. Patience Uju Mbagwu, UNFPA Chief Technical Adviser for 2023 Nigeria Census, Dr. Collins Opiyo and Census Manager, Dr, Inuwa Jalingo also made their remarks at the event.

Source:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=314711980846473&id=100069230198933

Earlier on the same day - 9th of May, 2022 - the NPC kicked off a 3-day Capacity building workshop for Population Correspondents on the 2023 Population and Housing Census at Jemmyland hotel, Mararaba, Nasarawa State.
The Workshop is themed: “Getting the People Involved.”

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by BluntCrazeMan: 6:47am On May 10, 2022
Earlier on the same day - 9th of May, 2022 - the NPC kicked off a 3-day Capacity building workshop for Population Correspondents on the 2023 Population and Housing Census at Jemmyland hotel, Mararaba, Nasarawa State.

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by Nobody: 6:52am On May 10, 2022
we want food and daily necessities not census.who census will help

2 Likes

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by BluntCrazeMan: 7:00am On May 10, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:
Recall some earlier threads where the NPC announced that the national census would take place in May 2022..

NOW, THERE ARE SERIOUS INDICATIONS THAT THE NATIONAL CENSUS WOULD NOW TAKE PLACE IN 2023, AND NO MORE IN 2022 AS EARLIER PLANNED..

Source:

Let us tell ourselves the simple truth...
The national census definitely won't work Before the 2023 General Elections.
And it won't work Before the hand-over to the next president.
And then, the next president would immediately overhaul the NPC Board of Directors, and all the plannings would start all-over all afresh.
So, the census won't still happen in 2023.
This NPC are not just ready yet.
Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by Thanos5555: 7:12am On May 10, 2022
abi na Ghost staff una recruit

the Question is, how did you guys performed recruitment for the Hundreds of thousands of staffs that will do the census, without it entering newspaper or media.

4 Likes

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by elmessiahs(m): 7:12am On May 10, 2022
This country tire me
Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by Johnames: 7:13am On May 10, 2022
How can you conduct election and census the same year?

2 Likes

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by sematec(m): 7:14am On May 10, 2022
d
Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by Bigchristo: 7:15am On May 10, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:

Mumu census, when Nigeria don’t have a data base

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by Teejay13(m): 7:15am On May 10, 2022
Why the sudden change of plans by the government

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:17am On May 10, 2022
Census as in counting Nigerians one after another

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by goshen26: 7:20am On May 10, 2022
Census that cow and goat will be counted

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by gracealonev: 7:43am On May 10, 2022
Is it advisable to have general elections and national census in the same year?

This APC government is just looking for avenues to insert humongous amounts in the 2023 budget to fund APC campaigns, vote buying and share as their own 'take-home'.
Meanwhile, we have not heard anything about the $1.5bn already disbursed for refinery renovation.

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by hadjipapiey(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2022
Two major budget zapping process in 2023 still ! INEC elections, and NPC Census.

I'll file arms and see if these two will hold simultaneously. I bet your answer is NO! Already.

Hail hail Naija o

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:25am On May 10, 2022
Oo
Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by kingPhidel(m): 8:47am On May 10, 2022
Census when insecurity is at its peak, so foolish and unwise.
Who will demarcate the dark spots and subsequently count them? This country don tire person.

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by Clonelord: 9:06am On May 10, 2022
Sbdjdj
Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by muyico(m): 9:09am On May 10, 2022
If nigeria still exist till then! Bcus our daddy said he didnt see nigeria in 2023.not too sure if we be 2gether!

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by onuman: 9:36am On May 10, 2022
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:

You can't fool Nigerians all the time.

Nigeria was due for Census in 2016 when an Igbo man was chairman of the National Population Commission.
He prepared Nigeria for Census then.

President Buhari cabinet refused Census then. The Igbo man's term ended. Buhari appointed a northerner to head National Population Commission.
He now plans to conduct a census in 2023 with Buhari as president of Nigeria.

Who will accept the outcome of the census? Another exercise in futility.
Take powers to the regions with resource control, thereafter, the north can afford to inflate its population to 1,000,000,000 people. The situation in Nigeria where the arid desert northern region is more populated than the rain forest southern region is fraudulent.

1 Like

Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by aylipple: 10:21am On May 10, 2022
During my NYSC (2010/2011), the INEC's use of computers (bio-metric capturing) was introduced & we were the first batch to be deployed for the CVR exercise.

In the community/PU I was assigned as RO, the political leaders there met with me with offers of money, women (said if there was any girl in the community I saw & liked, they would offer her to me), fresh palm wine etc just so I should register children as young as 5years, as voter. When I complained that the child is too young/below the age, they said I shouldn't worry, they'll dress them as adults & I should capture them like that. Well, I refused. It earned me rebuke coz some of my fellow "corpers" in other PUs were doing it. It got so bad that one of their sons who was an SA to the governor then had to come back home to the community to meet me; man basically threatened me to do what the community wanted.

What am I trying to say? Whoever will be deployed as census/enumerating officers should not be from the state they're assigned; that way, they'll be able to protect the integrity of whatever data they come up with. Say someone from Enugu is deployed to Kaduna, you don't expect the person to start counting cows & goats as part of the population & vice versa. Anything short of that, whatever figures the NPC comes up with will be a subject of debate: e go shock some people say Borno population go equal Lagos, surpass am or just be a few thousands short.
Re: NPC Trains Staff On M & E For The 2023 Census by pinkguy(m): 11:42am On May 10, 2022
So it's these few people that want to count two hundred million Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. / Tinubu's Certificate Saga: Nigerians Are Burning Linkedin Right Now (Pics) / FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.