Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,083 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 (8595 Views)

Apologise To Jonathan, Okonjo-Iweala - Peterside To 2012 Subsidy Removal Critics / Abdurrahman Sumaila: Don't Support Igbo Presidential Candidate In 2023 / 2023: Ohanaeze To Meet Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku, Tinubu Over Igbo Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Islie: 7:12am On May 10, 2022
This is even as the group noted that there is no going back on its calls for zoning the presidency to the South-East region.

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo has urged former President, Goodluck Jonathan, not to succumb to the “gimmicks of the enemy” aimed at pitching the Ijaw against the Igbo.
This is even as the group noted that there is no going back on its calls for zoning the presidency to the South-East region.

The group, in a statement by its Secretary-General, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, was reacting to a report that a coalition of northern socio-cultural groups purchased the All Progressives Congress (APC) N100million Expression of Interest and Nomination forms for the former President to contest for the 2023 presidency.

Ohanaeze said it was aware of frantic endeavours and backstage activities to resuscitate age-long enmity between the two ethnic groups which was demolished in 2011 when Igbos adopted Jonathan.

The Igbo group advised the former President to support Presidential candidates of Igbo extraction from the seven Igbo speaking states including Anioma (in Delta) or Ikwerre ( in Rivers), stating that it was time for Jonathan to pay back.

The statement reads, “Ohanaeze Ndigbo worldwide has reinstated that there is no going back on 2023 Nigerian President of Igbo stock and anything contrary to it amounts to a denial of equity, fairness, and Justice.

“We will not react to speculations about Jonathan's ambitions until he official declares to run for 2023 Presidency, as there are frantic endeavors and backstage activities to pitch Ijaws against Ndigbo, a repeat of 1966 enemy's gimmicks aimed at the resuscitation of the aged longed enmity between the two ethnic groups of old Eastern region, which was demolished in 2011 when Igbos adopted Jonathan as our own.

“We expect Goodluck Jonathan as elder statesman and African iconic personality to endorse an Igbo Presidency from the seven Igbo speaking states including Anioma (in Delta) or Ikwerre (In Rivers) States, which he has conceded to in the past that Southeast and Igbos were his citadels of support in 2011 and 2015

“We became marginalised and were regarded as 5% because of Igbos support for Jonathan in 2015, we will never forget but this should be a payback time for the sacrifices we paid for the Ijaws and Jonathan in particular.

“Endeavors to sow seeds of disunity and discord among the ethnic groups of the old Eastern region are dead on arrival.

“There is no compromise on the Igbo Project, no individual's ambition is more important than the collective interests of the Igbo, we await for further moves of the backstage power mongers who are enthusiastic about the division of Igbos and Ijaws of the old Eastern region for the gain of the North.”

ttp://saharareporters.com/2022/05/09/support-igbo-presidency-2023-repay-what-we-did-you-2015-%E2%80%94-ohanaeze-tells-ex-president

8 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Jh0wsef(m): 7:18am On May 10, 2022
Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Abboki: 7:19am On May 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by zoedew: 7:19am On May 10, 2022
The Ohanaeze is wasting its time trumpeting an Igbo Presidency in 2023 when the South-East region is polarised with violence by IPOB, ESN, UGM et al! whose agenda is Biafra! Do they seriously expect other geopolitical zones especially The North to elect an Igbo Nigerian President who they suspect to have an agenda to dismantle Nigeria to pave way for Biafra? The typical Igbo calls Nigeria a zoo. Peter Obi wants to be President over a zoo? The majority of Igbo want Biafra not Nigeria. Peter Obi and Ohanaeze are not on record as thinking differently. No Biafran will be Nigerian President! Oh, I forgot that a Nigerien has been President while a Cameroonian has been struggling from Dubai to also rule Nigeria. Indeed, what a country!

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Rastamania: 7:20am On May 10, 2022
Wow
Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Fiscus105(m): 7:20am On May 10, 2022
Blackmailing all ethnic groups to actualize south east presidency instead to go out there and negotiate to realize their ambition, ur eyes will soon clear Sha, May 30 is around the corner.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Nobody: 7:20am On May 10, 2022
Madness everywhere

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:20am On May 10, 2022
Blackmailing everyone to support a course that they know is not feasible. Supporting southeast presidency directly amounts to dashing APC victory in 2023. Only a fooool doesn't know this. Unfortunately fooools abound the entire political space.
The activity of ipob has completely destroyed any possibility of the south east.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by tunjiajayi: 7:21am On May 10, 2022
Mscheew

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by ikechukwu150: 7:21am On May 10, 2022
Islie:

ttp://saharareporters.com/2022/05/09/support-igbo-presidency-2023-repay-what-we-did-you-2015-%E2%80%94-ohanaeze-tells-ex-president
So what happened to Peter Obi?
Ohaneze dey act like saboteurs honestly

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by VladimirPutiin(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2022
I’m really surprised Jonathan can still be pushed back to contest after everything that happened in 2015. Nigeria is one huge comic circus.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by InnoBest188(m): 7:21am On May 10, 2022
Igbos aren't serious faa

So they are endorsing Jonathan
So after the completing his 4years the power will now shift from there again

Make Una no go endorse person wey go complete the 8years

Omor men
Na Hausa get Nigeria abeg
Fight with your ancestors if I'm wrong

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by AbijaJ: 7:21am On May 10, 2022
Oga Jona wey no send Ibo people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by HomoSapiien: 7:21am On May 10, 2022
Desmond9098:
Good evening and happy new week everyone…. I am here to share Sport betting games for payment after winning. I have a good and well trusted source, I do purchase my sure 2 odds, From a British man; And the Games have been so extra classic good, To the extend I put hope on the games, Even make plans ahead after I play the game.

Get a job my friend. All these get rich quick fraud will not last you. I promise.

48 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by tutudesz: 7:21am On May 10, 2022
Honestly I would prefer Wike if security was Nigeria only problem, but since we are faced with Economic problem too undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by CoronaVirusPro: 7:22am On May 10, 2022
Some lots still asleep when it’s noon already.

They still gallivanting in the mirage of impossibilities.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by JANK23H(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2022
Nobody is pitching Igbos against Ijos.Your people are doing it by themselves.

Always looking for someone to blame.

If you want Ijos' support,there are ways to go about it.Don't just sit down in the SE and issue commands.

10 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Nobody: 7:24am On May 10, 2022
Ibos should have learned that they cannot bully anyone or make anyone give them the post. It should be clear at this stage. All this rubbish talk by Orji Kalu...bla bla bla... who marginalized them? A group that wants to cut out is talking of marginalization. A group that is always threatening the unity of Nigeria is always talking of marginalization. They marginalized themselves and are still doing it.

See... if dem like make dem keep on doing this thing..they are just delaying themselves. Ibo needs to get it in their heads right now that... other tribes in the south will never let them have Aso Rock unopposed. Dem ma.d seriously with that entitlement. People wey decided on their own to attack their own nation because they felt marginalized in the 60s even when they produced the first democratic president in 1960. No be madness be that? They should compete. Simple as ABC. In all this....what should NC say? What should NE say? NE even has a better chance to produce the president someday, ....what about NC..Kogi, Kwara....and the rest? What should they say? Ibos heads never correct walahi! And dem go dey collect am. I am bold and I am saying it... other tribes in the south can be the president in 2023, but not ibo. It is so clear. They know too. Obi Pandora who Atiku is already romancing to assist him get the support of his zombies. grin.

I dont hate ibo, I'm just angry with their senselessness. A very productive set of people, but just making themselves useless. Just imagine how IPOB is destroying their economy with the useless stay at home...on top a bastard terrorist called Nnamdi Kanu. Na violence person dey use tackle government? Senseless followers. Very annoying.

The truth be told...for the next 100 years, I do not see ibo ruling Nigeria unless they do the right thing. You can see how Arewa and Northern elders called themselves together and said...."make una give ourselves brains ooo....make this southerners too rule".... and we can see how some selfish Fulanis went to buy APC form for Jonathan...dem just wan pinch southerners...lol.. but then, Ibo will be saying it is SE turn. Has NE also ever ruled? Which time NE has ever claimed it is their time? See eh.... e go soon clear for the eyes of ibos. A don tell them... if dem cause any wahala....dem go collect am again. Anyone who starts violence will collect am. I swear... we go give them hard. Na promise wey God Himself knows that will happen....make dem go call Isreal...we go give them. I swear. Before you say I am tribalistic...use your brain to know that violence is what I am tackling here. And yes... I am in support of the way Nnamdi Kanu is locked up. Make dem lock am up for years ...even the next president must continue locking him up. Anyone who is bold to incite violence should be locked up. Even the British cannot do anything. Russians would have poisoned him a long time ago.

Ibos' head never correct. If it takes 100 years for dem head to correct, we will vote them in. The day they realize that someone like Soludo is who they need to give us, and not that images builder called okorocha.... the lie lie Obi Pandora...pretending to be the only saint Obi in Nigeria even rendering the real st Obi speechless....evil man....his child at 30 doesnt have a car... lol. I laugh in Swahili. He doesn't have money...he didnt loot...yet he went ahead with Pandora business model which is well known for fraudulent activities. Igweeee! Igweeeee!! Igweeee!!!!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by President2001(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2022
Good morning please I need financial help, I suppose to be in hospital today for my check up but I could not go because of money I will spend and transportation someone should please help a brother
First Bank 2031886080
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Nova1988(m): 7:24am On May 10, 2022
These igbos are taking this presidency as inheritance, always playing the victim card.

me I will vote for the candidate I see as compatible, nothing concern be concern tribe.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by chopnaira: 7:24am On May 10, 2022
They need to learn how politics is played in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by olawonder(m): 7:25am On May 10, 2022
Yes o, Oga Jona must repay the Igbos for helping him become the president in 2015… president of Otuoke grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by MadamVanessa(f): 7:25am On May 10, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Forcing everyone to support something that they know is not feasible.

shocked

Yellowoba presidency is feasible o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Asgard13: 7:26am On May 10, 2022
JANK23H:
Nobody is pitching Igbos against Ijos.Your people are doing it by themselves.

Always looking for someone to blame.

If you want Ijos' support,there are ways to go about it.Don't just sit down in the SE and issue commands.

Is Jonathan ijaw?

Did ijaw support Jonathan in 2015 and even during his presidency?

Wetin concern Jonathan and ijaw people

Na wao

Or you no see Wike dealing with ijaws in Rivers state?

Meanwhile
Ohaneze just Dey disgrace igbos up and dan

The isizour is just another empty leader

So after all this noise and igbos are not field or chosen as Vice President.. wetin Ohaneze go do?

Nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Europeanwar: 7:27am On May 10, 2022
Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by SEGLIZ: 7:27am On May 10, 2022
I ain't supporting any tribe nor party but the best candidate to do things rightly.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by Ade3131: 7:28am On May 10, 2022
Whoever wrote this piece for Ohanaeze isn't a good PR person. Stressing and emphasizing Igbo presidency is a wrong choice of expression. The president is supposed to be the president of Nigeria and the right tone should suade towards Igbo presenting a president for a united Nigeria.

Yes, i know some of you will say i took the words out of context but read through again and ask yourself if you would have left your intents in a write-up open to second-guessing?

You're addressing a critical and yet sensitive issue that boards on sentiments in the present day Nigeria, and your ability to know this and employ the right tactics cannot be overemphasized. The tone should always be persuasive and convincing at all times. Persuade and convince people from other regions to see reason why a president of Igbo descent is best for Nigeria at this point in time.

Jonathan and the entire South-south and South-eastern region will only give you about 20 to 30% of the total votes. Face it guys, you need other regions to win. You have to carry the Northern grassroot voters along... You need to have a tactics in place to boycott their bigwigs who might be against your mandate and speak to the grassroots who have been at the receiving end of the endless crimes of banditry and insurgency. You need to convince the Westerners on why religious or tribal sentiments will do them no good.

Talk to the talakawas (like they're called in the North). Win them over instead of going from post to pole dishing out threat-like vendettas with demeaning words like South-east presidency or ....

I for one really pray and wish for Peter Obi but deep down inside me I know he might not make it through the primaries. History has shown that the best candidates are usually relegated in Nigeria's political landscape.

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze To Jonathan: Support Igbo 2023 Presidency To Repay What We Did In 2015 by obembet(f): 7:31am On May 10, 2022
All PDP candidate need to step down for Igbo candidate.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Protests Omission Of Party Logo In Bassa/Jos North Bye-election / Our Administration Will Implement The New Minimum Approved By FG - Sanwo-Olu / Fashola To Endorse New Lagos Traffic Law Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.