Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off (263 Views)

LASG Threatens To Seal Supermarkets Over Non-disclosure Of Price Tags On Product / CBN Stop Ripping Nigerians Off As Dollar Hit N500 / Shehu Sani: Shoprite Exit Will Help Local Supermarkets To Grow, They Can Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off by SteveDGreat: 5:03pm On May 10, 2022
There is something we ain't paying attention in this country and is high time we started paying attention to it.
The activities of Supermarkets and Pharmacies Stores .
These two outlets can just wake up and fix the price of their products as they will and no one will question them. Who even price goods when buying from them.

I went to a Pharmacy one day to buy drugs, I was told is 2k (can't remember the name of that drugs). I decided to check another pharmacy, I got it for 1500. Same product and company name .

Now, the reason for this post . This paste here is my favourite. Stumbled upon it when I went to buy Long Rich paste as recommended And it wasn't available. I ended up getting this and it became my favourite. This was in 2020. I first bought it for 550 at Everyday Supermarket.
Well along the line, the price changed. The last time I bought it in January was N1100 same Everyday.
On Sunday I went to another Supermarket and asked for this same product, guess how much I bought it, N655 each. Omoh I bought Two before they will change their mind .

I am sure there are many products out there with different price tags. We buy and leave.
How many times do we even question the price at those supermarkets and Pharmacies

1 Like

Re: Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off by Shalommy(f): 5:11pm On May 10, 2022
Op, supermarket is for rich people. If you don't enough money enter market jare. Chaii.. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off by kingthreat(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2022
Yeah they are. That is why sometimes it is good to get a second opinion and patronize the local shops who don't pay exorbitantly for rent for some certain products.

But for health's sake, please patronize only top pharmacies and supermarkets for drugs and wines. There is alot of counterfeit going on. The counterfeiters usually sell these items to the smaller shops.

2 Likes

Re: Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off by SteveDGreat: 5:15pm On May 10, 2022
Shalommy:
Op, supermarket is for rich people. If you don't enough money enter market jare. Chaii.. cheesy cheesy

You saw the headline and jump to.comment without reading the thread.
Pathetic

Not surprise.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off by EmemObong03: 5:37pm On May 10, 2022
After checking your coupon, I expected the OP to be a female with a female moniker but still wondering how 500ml Shampoo and Body Scrub got into your invoice?
There is something else you are telling us and we are part of this problem
grin cool
Re: Pharmacies And Supermarkets Are Riping Nigerians Off by SteveDGreat: 6:04pm On May 10, 2022
EmemObong03:
After checking your coupon, I expected the OP to be a female with a female moniker but still wondering how 500ml Shampoo and Body Scrub got into your invoice?
There is something else you are telling us and we are part of this problem
grin cool

Lol, I know someone will ask .
I went to a barbubg salon to cut my hair. Their price is 5h..
The nigga cutting my hair was singing in my ear that u need to apply dye , do treatment on my hair and facial scrub.
Told him I am not interested. Dude kept on pestering like his job depends on it.
So I told him to go ahead .
The last facial scrub I did was 5h, dye.
This guy finished and told me my bill is 4k.
I use vex go supermarket go buy same scrub and shampoo dey used on me

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Professional Roofing Carpenter Check Out My Work / Need Someone To Setup A Call Centre / The Exposed Secret To Sell Your Products Within Few Days Even If You Do Feel Shy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.