Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,725 members, 7,837,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again (2333 Views)

7 Photos That Prove Fashola Has The Perfect Ministerial Portfolio / Fashola Has A List Of 37 Commissioners! / How Many Lagosians Have Been Touched Since Fashola Has Been Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by aljharem3: 12:17am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

So flowers are now trees . . . Splendid . .you really need to keep quiet atimes so that you don't get exposed often . . . my illiteracy seem to be better than your intelligent post

flowers can only come from plants or trees

it is very good that he did it, and it also shows forsight in his government

lagos on a normal day is very conjested and car produce a large amount of CO2

this CO2 are absobed during the day when they photosynethisis take place

photosystem 2 is nessaccary in this occuation and thus the flowers make it more effiecent

because flowers are colourful, they contain pigments that can absorb light from different wavelight unile green plant alone
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by Desola(f): 12:20am On Jul 13, 2011
Alhaji, you know its the truth,
let your government make the other seaports viable and you ll see how fast the people that count avoid that ' herpes sore

This is why your region would always lag behind in developmental heights because you lot rest on your laurels waiting for the government to make it happen. You claim to have single handedly built Lagos and made it what is it today yet you cannot replicate that in your own region? Can't you all see how you all keep exposing yourselves as liars and "no do gooders"?

"If only Awolowo didn't betray us", "if only we were not so marginalise", "if only the Yorubas didn't sabotage our every move", when would you quit being a nation of whiners and moaners. You claim to be so great yet in your region, you cannot boast of one local government that has achieved anything worthy of emulation. Can't you see that the joke is on you? Lagos and Yorubas are so bad, each and every day, your region loses yet another hard working kin to its rival. It begger belief that you claim so much greatness but your region is in a sorry state.

You are all just empty barrells and you make the loudest noise. All talk and no substance!
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by EkoIle1: 12:26am On Jul 13, 2011
This is not just tree planting, it's a revolution,

Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by EkoIle1: 12:28am On Jul 13, 2011
/

Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by EkoIle1: 12:32am On Jul 13, 2011
Fashola Flags Off Reality Show To Combat Desert Encroachment

Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jmaine: 12:33am On Jul 13, 2011
0lumide:

I'm sure you know he is not planting only flowers right?

Flowers are necessary because we can't plant just trees everywhere and have it look like forest!!

Trees are being planted all over lagos and you have been to lagos, you will see that,

I guess you seat in your village picturing Lagos from NTA news right? OLODO!!

You can do better than this . .i will give you an opportunity to try again to warrant a respectable response from me  . . so feel free to take another shot . .cos what you placed up is unimpressive  . .
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by edoyad(m): 12:38am On Jul 13, 2011
[size=20pt]LAGOS[/size], there is only one.

Can't wait to make enough money so i can return home, my lagos.
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by aljharem3: 12:41am On Jul 13, 2011
edoyad:

[size=20pt]LAGOS[/size], there is only one.

Can't wait to make enough money so i can return home, my lagos.

gbammm

well said
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 12:44am On Jul 13, 2011
@ The guys that are criticising fashola

Objectively speaking, I think you should give him a bit of credit (especially if you guys are current residing in the state). You should know that there are OVER 18 million people in THAT SMALL STATE. With that sort of POPULATION DENSITY, it is going to be very hard to keep the state clean (Imagine have 20 5 yr kids in a 1 bedroom apartment as a single father or mother cheesy). If you cannot keep the state clean, those drains will be blocked and if that happens, flooding is inevitable (even if an underground drainage system was built before the rains).
If you want an underground drainage system, apart from the EXTREME HIGH COST; lives will be destroyed, in the sense that, most shops and houses will be demolished. This will lead to unemployment and destitution leading to socio-economic crimes like robbery and fraud (respectively speaking). THEN, Ethnicity comes to play, an ethnic group will feel like it was targeted (the last time, the Igbos felt they were targeted. This time, it might be Hausas or even Yorubas undecided) and this might even lead to mistrust and insecurity of these groups in the state.

Guys, you have to understand that Lagos is a complex state with OVER 250 ethnic groups residing in it and OVER 18 MILLION people call the state home. Even though, the state is virtually a Lagoon. Such radical transformation (your type of transformation) will not only cause strive, frustration and insecurity but also, bankrupt the state. Bankrupt because when the national census program was conducted, everyone remembered that they had a state and Lagos is a "Yoruba man's land". This led to a reduction in allocations given to the state. So basically, Lagos is being paid for 10 million people but takes care of 18 million people (everyone came back and remembered that "WE ARE ALL LAGOSIANS" Undecided Shocked Grin (it was just a joke oo))

What Fashola needs is encouragement and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism not discouragement and lack of understanding from "his people". Also, note that Fashola did not expect this. It is the worst rain fall Lagos has ever recorded.

Thanks for understanding . . . .
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by phantom(m): 12:47am On Jul 13, 2011
Jmaine abeg take am easy, i feel these people, if i threw a few flowers to you in a s.h.it hole, wouldnt you be eternally grateful?
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 12:49am On Jul 13, 2011
phantom:

Jmaine abeg take am easy, i feel these people, if i threw a few flowers to you in a s.h.it hole, wouldnt you be eternally grateful?

Okay, so what is your solution to the problem?? Any suggestions?? undecided
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 13, 2011
The governor is doing well. Criticisms, negative opinions and castigations are usual as long as they don't disrupt or interfere with his administration, they are nothing but rants.
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 12:53am On Jul 13, 2011
^^^ Well said!!!
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by phantom(m): 12:57am On Jul 13, 2011
Is this really Jason?you alien what have you done with Jason?hehe just kidding, seriously why did you write off underground drainage
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jmaine: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

flowers can only come from plants or trees

photosystem 2 is nessaccary in this occuation and thus the flowers make it more effiecent

because flowers are colourful, they contain pigments that can absorb light from different wavelight unile green plant alone

Baba . .this your post make me laff tire  cheesy cheesy
. .  

alj_harem:

lagos on a normal day is very conjested and car produce a large amount of CO2

this CO2 are absobed during the day when they photosynethisis take place

The gaseous emission vehicles would emit in large quantities would rather be CO due to incomplete combustion of the gasoline  . . . but i would like to inform you that yes . . Plants utilize CO2 for photosynthesis but they also respire just like man in giving out CO2 as a bye product . . .

And it might also interest you to know that it takes plant about 40 - 60 years for plants to act as carbon sinks, which means all young plants would definitely increase the CO2 content in the atmosphere before they begin to act as a sink . . so your desperate excuse is a failure . .  That is why scientist all over are concerned about the rapidly dwindling amazon forest and other primary forest all over the globe . .  cos it takes years to have such trees perform the important task of being a carbon sink . .  Planting of new trees is part of a long term plan to cater for the future generations while we strive to reduce emission of CO2 in the atmosphere to cushion it's effect . .

Nobody is against beautification . .but, praising it to the high heavens when there are more important things to be done smirks of profound idleness . .  
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by Desola(f): 1:00am On Jul 13, 2011
Okay, so what is your solution to the problem?? Any suggestions??

Perhaps you should be asking him what his government is doing to tackle erosion in their HELLHOLE!
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 1:03am On Jul 13, 2011
phantom:

Is this really Jason?you alien what have you done with Jason?hehe just kidding, seriously why did you write off  underground drainage

Oga, this is Jason ooo!! grin

@ Highlighted
The high cost (risk of bankruptcy), the level of discomfort it will cost in a state with such high population density,ethnic insecurity (explained in my previous post), the attitude of people (it does not stop people from throwing litter on the ground and when rain falls, it will simply wash all this rubbish underground, thus block the "underground system"wink etc
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by aljharem3: 1:11am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

The gaseous emission vehicles would emit in large quantities would rather be CO due to incomplete combustion of the gasoline  . . . but i would like to inform you that yes . . Plants utilize CO2 for photosynthesis but they also respire just like man in giving out CO2 as a bye product . . .

And it might also interest you to know that it takes plant about 40 - 60 years for plants to act as carbon sinks, which means all young plants would definitely increase the CO2 content in the atmosphere before they begin to act as a sink . . so your desperate excuse is a failure . .  That is why scientist all over are concerned about the rapidly dwindling amazon forest and other primary forest all over the globe . .  cos it takes years to have such trees perform the important task of being a carbon sink . .  Planting of new trees is part of a long term plan to cater for the future generations while we strive to reduce emission of CO2 in the atmosphere to cushion it's effect . .

Nobody is against beautification . .but, praising it to the high heavens when there are more important things to be done smirks of profound idleness . .  

i know plant produce CO2 at night because there is not light for them to use and thus break down there starch to form CO2 but the lenght of day in nigeria is higher than nigth so actually in the long run it breaks down more CO2 than it produce. this solution is for later generations to enjoy and that is why countries are told to plant trees by the green countries like the EU

cars mostly produce CO and CO2.

the CO actually is less denser than air and goes to the atmosphere (stratosphere) this then get in contact with oxygen radicals which has been broken down by the sun light (UV rays). thus CO2 is fromed

2CO + O2 ====== 2 CO2

what carbon sink are u saying in what terms is it limestome or what

in the case of the atmosphere, it is only logical to plant trees and plants which is not an immediate solution but certainly a long term solution

if u take thing to propective here wink
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by EkoIle1: 1:13am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

. .  

But who is forcing you to praise Fashola? Why is creating so much headache for you? Your is nothing but sadism and hate, you are in all the Fashola/Lagos threads on NL spewing you negativity and disagreement with anything Lagos and you do this all the time.

It doesn't even matter what what they are saying about Lagos, you just show face to spew your anti Lagos negativity.

You really must be a sad and hateful person of NR.
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by aljharem3: 1:14am On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

are you fashola shocked shocked shocked shocked

i think it is also good to criticise him a bit so we can be more objective
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by phantom(m): 1:15am On Jul 13, 2011
Okay but you do realized the ' discomfort'  and casualties  from this flooding if  not tackled will dwarf in the long term the ' discomfort' that results from tackling it.jason, the truth is the state govt does not see this as an emergency.you cited cost but if the govt channels the funds for the proposed airport into this, mark my words, you will see a difference
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by EkoIle1: 1:15am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

. .  

But who is forcing you to praise Fashola? Why is creating so much headache for you? Your is nothing but sadism and hate, you are in all the Fashola/Lagos threads on NL spewing you negativity and disagreement with anything Lagos and you do this all the time.

It doesn't even matter what what they are saying about Lagos, you just show face to spew your anti Lagos negativity.

Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by phantom(m): 1:23am On Jul 13, 2011
And by the way jason, your state will not go bankrupt, it all boils down to fashola drawing up a comprehensive drainage masterplan and not just setting up offices to oversee it, this whole thing will not be done in a day.first, let him understand how the drainage network runs in lagos, which parts of the city drain into which lagoon or river and start tackling little by little, point is, let there be a Plan!
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jmaine: 1:25am On Jul 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

I stand for facts . . not for some ethno-political sentiments . . . i have defended Fashola policies on numerous occasions when deemed fit by me and my only altercation is with the see-no-evil  ; Hear-No- Evil - approach of your ilks . . . But it appears your brash tone of abuses and insults to quell any contradicting thoughts with yours has pitted me with you regularly . . if you have ever read the good side of me praising Fash the man . .then accept the bad side correcting the false and deceitful impression you fail to force down my throat . . .
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 1:29am On Jul 13, 2011
phantom:

Okay but you do realized the ' discomfort'  and casualties  from this flooding if  not tackled will dwarf in the long term the ' discomfort' that results from tackling it.jason, the truth is the state govt does not see this as an emergency.you cited cost but if the govt channels the funds for the proposed airport into this, mark my words, you will see a difference

I get your point and it is good as we criticize OUR government when we think they have done something wrong.

The point you have forgotten is that THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT is a NATURAL DISASTER (couple with the human factors mentioned). It does not rain in Lagos that way, normally and you know this. He (Fashola) was caught unaware.

The state government went to visit the flood areas. Fashola himself went there. (Far LEFT) .http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/lagos-flood-kills-25/

About the Airport and the Underground. You have a valid point BUT:

The state needs to remain viable despite its ever growing population. A state with OVER 18 MILLION people should have atleast ONE world class airport to attract investors. Murital Airport, to me, is not world class and the bigger shame is that it is owned by the FG embarassed.

As a Lagosian, do you not want a situation where when your friends from abroad come to visit you, they compliment your airport?? Although, I also acknowledge that that is not the priority.

Regarding the channeling of funds, it will be difficult as the underground project is something that MUST be done WELL not just a half baked project. If it must be done well, it needs the REQUIRED FUNDS for the execution of the project WITHIN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME (you do not want to build such a project during the raining season. So basically, you have 3 months of so to complete such a project undecided). Lagos state does not have that sort of money. It is the FG that does but you, by now, should know how the FG handles such projects across the country. To make matter worse, Lagos is a ACN state, a PDP rival . . . .
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 1:31am On Jul 13, 2011
phantom:

And by the way jason, your state will not go bankrupt, it all boils down to fashola drawing up a comprehensive drainage masterplan and not just setting up offices to oversee it, this whole thing will not be done in a day.first, let him understand how the drainage network runs in lagos, which parts of the city drain into which lagoon or river and start tackling little by little, point is, let there be a Plan!
grin grin

Lagos is not my state. But I stayed there during my stay in Nigeria. I apologise for thinking you resided in Lagos . . .
I think I have responded to your post :

jason123:

I get your point and it is good as we criticize OUR government when we think they have done something wrong.

The point you have forgotten is that THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT is a NATURAL DISASTER (couple with the human factors mentioned). It does not rain in Lagos that way, normally and you know this. He (Fashola) was caught unaware.

The state government went to visit the flood areas. Fashola himself went there. (Far right) .http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/07/lagos-flood-kills-25/

About the Airport and the Underground. You have a valid point BUT:

The state needs to remain viable despite its ever growing population. A state with OVER 18 MILLION people should have atleast ONE world class airport to attract investors. Murital Airport, to me, is not world class and the bigger shame is that it is owned by the FG embarassed.

As a Lagosian, do you not want a situation where when your friends from abroad come to visit you, they compliment your airport?? Although, I also acknowledge that that is not the priority.

Regarding the channeling of funds, it will be difficult as the underground project is something that MUST be done WELL not just a half baked project. If it must be done well, it needs the REQUIRED FUNDS for the execution of the project WITHIN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME (you do not want to build such a project during the raining season. So basically, you have 3 months of so to complete such a project undecided). Lagos state does not have that sort of money. It is the FG that does but you, by now, should know how the FG handles such projects across the country. To make matter worse, Lagos is a ACN state, a PDP rival . . . .
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by phantom(m): 1:32am On Jul 13, 2011
I do not see any disadvantage at all in using underground drainages  to be honest, pull down houses if you have to do it, this is not the time to look at faces.lagos will be better for it, hell, he should call in experts if he has to cos from the pictures we have seen, it is indeed frightening and will worsen,
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jmaine: 1:36am On Jul 13, 2011
alj_harem:

i know plant produce CO2 at night because there is not light for them to use and thus break down there starch to form CO2 but the lenght of day in nigeria is higher than nigth so actually in the long run it breaks down more CO2 than it produce. this solution is for later generations to enjoy and that is why countries are told to plant trees by the green countries like the EU

cars mostly produce CO and CO2.

the CO actually is less denser than air and goes to the atmosphere (stratosphere) this then get in contact with oxygen radicals which has been broken down by the sun light (UV rays). thus CO2 is fromed

2CO + O2 ====== 2 CO2

what carbon sink are u saying in what terms is it limestome or what

in the case of the atmosphere, it is only logical to plant trees and plants which is not an immediate solution but certainly a long term solution

if u take thing to propective here wink

Carbon sink . .  like it says . . the plants utilizing large amounts of CO2 during photosynthesis to build up their biomass, hence their biomass act as traps for atmospheric CO2 . . .
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 1:38am On Jul 13, 2011
phantom:

I do not see any disadvantage at all in using underground drainages  to be honest, pull down houses if you have to do it, this is not the time to look at faces.lagos will be better for it, hell, he should call in experts if he has to cos from the pictures we have seen, it is indeed frightening and will worsen,
@ First highlighted,
Easier said that done. When he did that in Oshodi and co, some people cursed him. Regarding your statement, imagine if it was your house that will be pulled down (God forbid)?? Exactly!

@ Second highlighted,
Yes, it is. I bet there is a solution coming up soon. . . .
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by aljharem3: 1:39am On Jul 13, 2011
jmaine:

Carbon sink . .  like it says . . the plants utilizing large amounts of CO2 during photosynthesis to build up their biomass, hence their biomass act as traps for atmospheric CO2 . . .

ok i understand that

yes isn't that what we want  smiley

if the plant act as a carbon sink, then it is good for traping carbon
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by phantom(m): 1:45am On Jul 13, 2011
I am glad you realize that airport is not a priority.yes it is absolutely wonderful to have a world class airport and to have friends from outside commend it but would rather prefer those friends and investors moving around lagos in submarines? I dont expect fashola to build tokyo type underground sewers but his aim should be to replicate the already existing underground drainages all over the city, bit by bit.
Re: Alagomeji Development: Fashola Has Done It Again by jason123: 1:52am On Jul 13, 2011
phantom:

I am glad you realize that airport is not a priority.yes it is absolutely wonderful to have a world class airport and to have friends from outside commend it but would rather prefer those friends and investors moving around lagos in submarines? I dont expect fashola to build tokyo type underground sewers but his aim should be to replicate the already existing underground drainages all over the city, bit by bit.

As I said earlier, if such a project is to be executed, it needs to be done at a go and fast (within 3 months) before the rains comes again.
All in all, I hope he is looking at a solution as we speak. He knows Lagosians such as yourself will be expecting a lot from him since you voted him in. I know there is a plan . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015:How To Stop Jonathan From Scoring The Magical 98% Votes In The East-ifeduba / What GEJ Could Have Done With Missing ($)Billions (analysis and picture) / Oni Of Ife And Yoruba Obas Praying For GEJ In Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.