Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours (26261 Views)

I Just Got Hired By A Company As A Graphic Designer For 10k Per Month! / My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / 91,000 Apply For Customs Jobs Within 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Kingoslo(m): 12:13pm On May 11, 2022
K
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Gkay1(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2022
Just like that
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Bluezy13(m): 12:15pm On May 11, 2022
9182736455O1999:
Op people like us should be working from home.

I wish to join the trend.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by musiliyukayode(m): 12:17pm On May 11, 2022
You are a lucky guy. She is not a good employer of labour, reason she is turning over her employees. God will open another way very soon. You are a special star guy.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by abobote: 12:18pm On May 11, 2022
That's just the way it is. Move on
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Idrismusty97(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2022
Heads up OP, better things ahead. Although in my case i didn't get fired, i resume a day and quit the next when i realized they lied in the roles, job description and closing time. They told me it's a 9+5 job with overtime required sometimes, found out when i resume that "Overtime" is permanent. Close 7:30pm that day and even left them there, got home around 10pm. Who knows when i would have closed if i didn't left them ontop the insecurities in the country, if i get kidnapped or stabbed they will find my replacement immediately. Next day i went to return their uniform and told them i am not doing again. Still hoping for a better opportunity.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by FuckDModz: 12:21pm On May 11, 2022
Introverts have it difficult!

Know this and change your ways.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Tuns20(m): 12:23pm On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:
Our then neighbor was informed that I would like to work pending when school resumes. Few days later, she had some guests among whom was the wife of a super dealer of multi-choice. She too had her own small company.

So our neighbor informed her about me and she agreed. It was a Sunday, she said I should resume the next day being Monday.

I was there on Monday. She asked someone to show me how to do what will be my routine task. She assigned some other tasks which I did.

All through, I noticed that she was not comfortable with my personality. She kind of preferred a more outgoing person. Then she said I don't know how to count money, that I can't do the work. So she gave me transport fare and I went home.

That was my first job ever!

The woman na indaboski Wife…Eyan Carlos
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by BouquiLake: 12:23pm On May 11, 2022
She originally didn't want you... she was only trying to please your neighbour and act like a Big pelzzin.... That is if you are really telling us the truth of what happened.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Tuns20(m): 12:25pm On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:
Our then neighbor was informed that I would like to work pending when school resumes. Few days later, she had some guests among whom was the wife of a super dealer of multi-choice. She too had her own small company.

So our neighbor informed her about me and she agreed. It was a Sunday, she said I should resume the next day being Monday.

I was there on Monday. She asked someone to show me how to do what will be my routine task. She assigned some other tasks which I did.

All through, I noticed that she was not comfortable with my personality. She kind of preferred a more outgoing person. Then she said I don't know how to count money, that I can't do the work. So she gave me transport fare and I went home.

The woman na Indaboski wife..Eyan Carlos..she kala gan..
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by rita25(f): 12:27pm On May 11, 2022
QUESTIONS TO ASK
1. ARE YOU PRETTY/LIKE A FINE BOY
2.ARE YOU CUTE OR HAVE GAYLIKE FEATURES

LIKELY OUTCOME
1. MADAME NO WAN SHARE OGA WITH YOU FOR FUTURE SO SHE ABORT MISSION BEFORE IT BECOMES AN SOS
2.MADAM DEY FEAR MAKE YOU NO USE SHOP MONEY BUY CLOTHES FOR SCHOOL RESUMPTION
3.MAYBE WHEN YOU WERE COUNTING THE MONEY U WERE UNCOUNSCIOUSLY SMILLING SO MADAM KNOW SAY THIEFRY DEY YA BLOOD....

ADVICE:
GO AND LEARN A SKILL AND ALSO WORK IN GOD HOUSE...GOD WILL REWARD YOU.THE SKILL WILL PAY U IN SCHOOL AND LATER IN LIFE...I SUGGEST CATERING OR HAIR MAKING THINGS YOU CAN DO PARTIME IN SCHOOL.CHEERUP kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by pocohantas(f): 12:30pm On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:

She is definitely an impatient person and a sadist. It is good she sacked you, else your time there would have been mentally and physically draining.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Awoleesu(m): 12:32pm On May 11, 2022
When you said "she doesn't like my person..." it struck me like you have a complacent attitude towards your own character!

What I can perceive is, "she's the problem here, not me"...

And hey! You're not alone in this. Many first time recruits usually carry this air of 'not taking responsibility', so I wouldn't judge you.

But let me just advise you that the work place is for proactive persons... You need to exhibit a 'can-do' attitude. That's what employers want, that's what impresses them in an employee.
I'm sure by now you have picked up one or two lessons about the workplace - if nothing, you now know at the least, that as a newbie in the workplace, all eyes are on you!
So, I suggest you re-appraise yourself: think of what that particular employer complained about you and ask yourself some engaging questions like, is this type of job for me? What may I do differently? Where do I fit in most in the labour cycle (an employee, a self-employed or tradesman)?

When you're able to answer these questions honestly to yourself, I guess you may have conquered your first problem.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Fox12(m): 12:33pm On May 11, 2022
JbravoAdodger:

Later on he'll be ADMIRED

Because this got him INSPIRED

bottom line...
success is only achieved by those who don't RETIRE

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by lexxwiz(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2022
Imabong80:

...but that's the way he was WIRED.

Oh my days. This is definitely work JIHAD!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by KazikageSama: 12:39pm On May 11, 2022
Mystery2020:

Being an introvert isn't a crime. Doesn't make you poor, bad, unskilled or unintelligent. It only means you were't a good fit for the role. It's nothing personal. Your perfect opportunity will come

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by omaclarry(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2022
OP don't be deterred most employers judge ability to perform by how outgoing someone is, not knowing that the quiet one may be the most articulate and noisy when they settle in. I have been through that a lot, people tend to write me off when I'm called for a job but as it goes they understand. Cos of that I mostly take jobs on recommendation, cos I don't have time to convince someone that i can perform.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Achor1111(m): 12:40pm On May 11, 2022
JbravoAdodger:

Later on he'll be ADMIRED

Because this got him INSPIRED
Op, keep pushing, don't RETIRE

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by KingOfTheDamned: 12:41pm On May 11, 2022
Lazy youth
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by dfrost: 12:46pm On May 11, 2022
Fox12:

bottom line...
success is only achieved by those who don't RETIRE

but gets REFIRED by their DESIRE...

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by newconnectng1: 12:55pm On May 11, 2022
Wow that was fast, but see if there are positive lessons you can learn from it
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by AdeProgrammer(m): 1:00pm On May 11, 2022
Righthussle:
Let talk like a pulpit bandit.

My friend, if you are reading this right now touch the screen of your phone let me pray with you. As God's general, I decree and declare that every family curse hindering you from getting a job should die by fireee. Amen. You are delivered. While I was praying, I saw an old woman in your father's compound sitting on your job. The Lord said you should sow a big seed into the life of a man of God. You can sow your seed using a USSD CODE *419#. Or via transfer into the account number 000419419 Thief Bank.

May God have mercy upon you.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Petshopng: 1:03pm On May 11, 2022
Learn from the experience and move on
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by fineboynl(m): 1:04pm On May 11, 2022
1, she doesn't like you face.
2, she doesn't like you behavior.
3, you are not fit for the job.

A man once send me a guy that was Lucky for a job to work for me. My former boy was a small boy whom i sent errand.

I was shock to see an old man A married man. I don't really know how to reject him couple with the fact the guy is not handsome. I don't sack people so I just allowed him and he later left by himself.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by BlackSherif: 1:05pm On May 11, 2022
dfrost:

but gets REFIRED by their DESIRE...

I've Always ADMIRED motivational speaker.. op Keep Pushing.. don't get TIRED
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 11, 2022
Reminds me when my mum gave me money and wanted to collect it back the two security were standing there so she had handed me 12k and I handed it to the first security guard he then handed it back to my mum who took two out of it so there should be 10k there. First security said 9k mum now gave second security it became 8k…

She added 2k again to make 12k when the delivery came in front of the two security I handed her the money but made sure my hand kept 1 still clenched in my fist. She said 11k I said count it again opened the same hand and removed the 1k all shock magic trick don cast

Some jobs na God Dey remove you but work on your money skills apart from francophone workers there should be no barrier between you and your money I know every account by heart learn to start with Monopoly money that’s how I got better at math addition/subtraction/division/ multiplication is necessary the rest na for architect

worked for one woman that corrected everything you did once even the correction just to be correction lol worked for another who everyone hated but ended up being the best boss so just clock in and clock out leave sentiment or what you think they think about you chances are if you left a mark na dem go find you
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by VHILL: 1:12pm On May 11, 2022
Don't be discouraged. Just list your mistakes, work on them and move on. Also, note that this will be added to your C.V as experience gained.
Tomorrow is brighter.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Bavis4u: 1:17pm On May 11, 2022
Building up your own experience.
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by medropoly(m): 1:17pm On May 11, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
you got HIRED and FIRED because she got TIRED
But don't worry with time you will get WIRED wink
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by kingscare1(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2022
Imabong80:

...but that's the way he was WIRED.
But he TRIED, the woman must be WILD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by kingandre(m): 1:23pm On May 11, 2022
U go there dy waka like say u dy house.when u dn come work you need sharpen up
Re: How I Got Hired And Fired Within 24 Hours by Nyne: 1:30pm On May 11, 2022
Cooked up story that never happened

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Implication Of Working Without An Appointment Letter? / Apply For The Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Management Trainee Program 2017 / Info On State Security Service Recruitment For 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.